Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Scythe, the greatsword, and....the great axe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Scythe, the greatsword, and....the great axe?

yesterday i got Byakkos axe because i was the only one there that could use it, and when you compare it to your other weapons i think its better?

Byakkos axe: DMG:94 Delay 504 ATK +5 wind damage

Death Scythe: DMG:97 Delay 528 HP drain

and Balins sword i think: DMG:84 Delay:480 STR+4

mainly i'm compared Byakkos axe to scythe....the axe has -3 dmg BUT -24 delay! So does the the less delay make up for the -3 dmg and make Byakko's axe the better weapon?

should i skill up my G-axe now? O_O

My drk friend lved GAX just for fun. 24 delay won't make up for much dmg. I have yet to see a drk use GAX in XP pt though...
    •70 Samurai•
    •Mithra•
    retired

too many assholes choosing money over friends

Comment

problem with gaxe is you miss out several of the WS's that WAR get(most use 2 axes or 1 axe 1 sword anyway), not to mention lower skill cap. maybe level it if you're bored^^
      滅殺

Comment

Byakkos axe: DMG:94 Delay 504 ATK +5 wind damage
        Death Scythe: DMG:97 Delay 528 HP drain

Delay 504 will have you WS ready after 9 hits
        (110%TP at around 75sec without misses, 98% at 8 hits)
        while
        Delay 528 will have you WS ready after 8 hits
        (100%TP at around 70sec without misses)

edit:
        Incase someone decides to flame me for those time numbers,
        the time in seconds above are under the assumption that 60delay = 1sec
        Rank: 6 ジョブ: 暗 61, シ 38, 戦 37, 赤 26, 白 25, 黒 20, モ 20, 竜 10, 獣 10, 吟 10, 侍 10, 狩 10, 忍 20, 召 15, ナ 1, 青 10, コ 10, カ10
        Never argue with a moron. They pull you down to their level and beat you through experience.

Comment

If you just want to mess around that axe won't do much harm, but at lvl 75, there's a 13 skill level gap between A- and B+. So even though the axe might have higher dot, the skill gap competely negates it.

As for the 100% TP gain speed, it rarely seems to matter when actually in play.

But the fun stuff is the WS and... well you don't get to cash in on raging... nor experience the mediocrity of full break... and steel cyclone isn't all that good compared to the usual drk WS, especially at 100%. Steel cyclone also sits in the same spot as cross reaper, so there's not really any good use for it as far as skillchains go.

Oh well, it looks pretty cool :3

Comment

Steel Cyclone would be just a really shitty Cross Reaper.

If you're going to skill up another weapon, 1h axe for decimation would be the most worth while.
            DRK75 / THF37 / WAR37 / RDM60 / BLM31 / PLD11

ohnoez

Comment

GAxe would've been a lot more useful while leveling up than it is at level 74. I would think most drks would cry when they realize they could've been using Sturmwind instead of the craptacular Dark Harvest / Shadow of Death. Hell, combine Sturmwind with Soul Eater, and Sneak/Trick, and it could still be a viable Fragmentation closer at level 60, likely somewhere in the range of 500-700 damage (and pre-60, berserk + soul eater if you feel like getting your ass kicked ^^).

If you really look at the options out there between scythe and gaxe, there really isn't any overwhelming reason to go with scythe until vassago's, excepting that scythe can start distortion from level 49+.
              61 MNK | 37 WAR | 37 THF | 35 RDM | 29 BLM | 25 WHM
              Mithra retired November 2004 - Hume started November 2006
              28 WAR | 18 MNK | 15 WHM | 12 BLM

Comment

scythe or great axe. id have to go with the scythe. the +4 atk you will never really miss. id think the hp drain on occasion would be a nice feature even if it did do little drain. plus the added delay means more tp per swing.

75Bst

Comment

My GA is only around 150ish, but whenever we go to do things like Aqueducts or other level cap junk and I'm on DRK, I will usually go DRK/THF and use GA. SA+Sturmwind is pretty powerful, in Aqueducts I pull off 300 damage easy with only 100%, and with LR or SE it can get close to breaking 500. Did a lot of Diabolos runs using GAxe, Sturmwind hits him for 300ish no buffs. broke 500 a couple times when I LR+SE at very end.
                  Last edited by Jinjo; 08-03-2005, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Re: The Scythe, the greatsword, and....the great axe?

Well, I've tooled around with Gaxe before. Even with my skill in the 130s, I've out damaged Level 75 PLDs with capped sword skills using vorpal blade with my sturmwind on EP things in CN and I've critical'd sturmwind with under 200% tp for about 700 once ... w/o any buffs besides a bison steak ...

Comment

Originally posted by Awntawn
                      Steel Cyclone would be just a really shitty Cross Reaper.

If you're going to skill up another weapon, 1h axe for decimation would be the most worth while.
                      Are you kidding? Decimation is crap. Steel cyclone is also stronger than cross reaper. It's the great axe equivelant of Spinning slash.

Comment

Originally posted by Zyph
                        Are you kidding? Decimation is crap. Steel cyclone is also stronger than cross reaper. It's the great axe equivelant of Spinning slash.
                        QFT Decimation is utter crap. Orz

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni
                          QFT Decimation is utter crap. Orz
                          What's QFT?

Comment

Quoted For Truth.

Comment

Yeah, WAR/THF can pull off some impressive Steel Cyclone numbers, but DRK can never get close to what they do with it... our skill caps at 250, and Steel Cyclone has vit as a modifier... I'm sure a the same goes for GS using WARs, they could never pull off a good Ground Strike as high damaging as a DRK due to low skill and int modifier

Comment

Working...
                              X