RANK 10 Bastok
    CoP: Done
    ZM: Done
    ToA: Done
    Assault rank: Captain
    Campaign Medal: Medals
    Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
    This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Re: Dancer vs Ninja

Dancer wins... They can self heal, and never need to rest.

;>.>

Comment

Alright so a Ninja and a Dancer walk into a bar...

(On Topic)

Its a tie, they both lose.
      {New Sig in the works}
      -----------------------
      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
      Originally posted by Solymir
      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
        Alright so a Ninja and a Dancer walk into a bar...
        Bartender says, "Sorry...We don't serve Ninja here."

Dancer turns to the Ninja and says, "Welcome to my world"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~{on Topic}~~~

Dancer vs Ninja at what... ??

When Tanking... the damage mitigation you get from Fan Dance is unreal when coupled with -phys dmg gear (Jelly Ring) ... then you got shadows (/NIN) plus the ability to instantly heal yourself w/o interuption for 700+ makes DNC insane. DNC can tank on their own where-as NIN seems to need support in all the parties I've ever been in. Maybe they were half assed NINs tho.

DD... idk enough about NIN to make a guess regarding their dmg output and my DNC isn't geared totally for DD... That said: I've done more dmg with Wild Flourish + Dancing Edge (1410 for DE +1410 for Scission) than I've seen anyone get from melee ...skillchain or no.

I think they are both incredible jobs... I think DNC is not understood as well as NIN by the FFxi community and DNC's implementation (if they are included at all) is usually done poorly out of ignorance of what the job is capable of. I think that everyone zerging DNC to 37 but rarely beyond has exasperated that situation. So many piss poor DNC out there. Like I was a piss poor Rng when I went for my /Rng (I just wanted it to be over).

Idk how many times I've been in parties that felt that as long as sambas were up the DNC must be doing their jobs... the steps...the STEPS... my god they are sooo important.

IDK... I'm not really trying to say one is better than the other. Just most of my experience is gonna come from the DNC side.. I definitely believe it's taken for granted that DNC is more useless than it really is by the FFxi community.
        FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
        FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
        aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Neverslip View Post
          Dancer vs Ninja at what... ??

strictly as DD is what we are talking about here. Shep claims his DNC can out DD a NIN. I call BS. He's going to out a parse here sometime soon.
          75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
          RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
            strictly as DD is what we are talking about here. Shep claims his DNC can out DD a NIN. I call BS. He's going to out a parse here sometime soon.
            At damage dealing? Then of course nin with a caped Throwing skill, and has the money to shit out for Shurikens, then yea. Of course nin would win.

Comment

It all depends on the gear and skill of the player. I've busted out 1.5k Blade: Jin's and I've seen DNCs bust out 1.4k+ DE's. Too tough to make a call really.

Edit: Not to mention Pyrrhic Kleos (DNC mythic WS) if geared right does even better damage than DE.
              Originally posted by Van Wilder
              Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
              Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
              I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Originally posted by hexx View Post
                It all depends on the gear and skill of the player. I've busted out 1.5k Blade: Jin's and I've seen DNCs bust out 1.4k+ DE's. Too tough to make a call really.

Edit: Not to mention Pyrrhic Kleos (DNC mythic WS) if geared right does even better damage than DE.
                I'd love to see(be) a epically geared DNC... I haven't yet. Decent, yes... epic... not so much. I'd love to have Pyrrhic Kleos but it's just not gonna happen for long time for me.
                FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Neverslip View Post
                  I'd love to see(be) a epically geared DNC... I haven't yet. Decent, yes... epic... not so much. I'd love to have Pyrrhic Kleos but it's just not gonna happen for long time for me.
                  I woulda been happy to show you, but the DNC in question was in my Nyzul static, and he quit a few weeks ago due to some RL issues =/ best BLM and DNC i've ever fuckin seen
                  Originally posted by Van Wilder
                  Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
                  Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
                  I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Haven't forgotten, I just left my LS recently, with Mass Effect2, 13, and GoW3 all coming out within a month of each other. I will be honest, It's tough to find a good NIN DD nowadays.

I've been playing sparsely the past couple of weeks, but I'll make it a point when I get some time. (NEED MY ETOILE CAPE!!!)

I'm still fairly certain, with Capped Haste samba+WS spam+Capped Building Flourish+Defense/Evasion down steps, That I'd end up coming out on top.

Here's an Idea. What If I had this party. NIN + Bard + Rdm/whm vs. DNC + Bard + Rdm/whm. ? just basically soloing stuff for the parse.... I guess I could run it myself (have NIN @ 75) but It might be skewed as the parties might vary some. Still in the works i'll keep ya'll updated.

Comment

There's something silly about this comparison that i feel needs pointed out:

DNC buffs the rest of the party's damage (steps, haste samba). This inherently takes a chunk out of DNC's optimum damage potential because 2-3 people are performing better than normal.

Of course, if a DNC is in my party and not contributing to healing at all, I hate him. Though while I'm at it, I feel like Ninjas with the offensive JA (don't know name) are still great 1st vokes in merit parties. Just enough hate to pull it off the bard. By the time it falls off the ninja, even voking with an enmity penalty, it'll be on some other hateful DD. Will be facing the ninja for prolly 2-3 attack rounds (and thus, no DD benefits), so that'll amount to some small wedge of DD removed.
                      "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
                        DNC buffs the rest of the party's damage (steps, haste samba). This inherently takes a chunk out of DNC's optimum damage potential because 2-3 people are performing better than normal.
                        Then should the extra party damage be included to the DNC's damage? I think it should because without him, the other DDs would not have been performing better than normal.
                        PSN ID: Kelshan
                        Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
                        Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                          strictly as DD is what we are talking about here. Shep claims his DNC can out DD a NIN.

this is what was in question.
                          75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                          RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

I think VXZ posted something to show DNC's DD potential before. That said, I'm neither DNC75 nor NIN75--what are we comparing here?

What does a DNC has going for him/her? Not sure about the specifics, but there are decent daggers, access to multi-hit weapon for merit level monsters, decent multi-hit weapons, Building Flourish, two ways to self-SC, Quick/Box Step to lower the target's evasion/defense, Reverse Flourish for better TP gain, and Saber Dance, right?

What about NIN? Higher damage rating Katana, higher skill with weapon (though not necessarily higher base accuracy), Blade: Jin, Innin, access to more Haste gear as well as the Usukane set for more balanced boost to Accuracy and Haste, and Dual Wield IV, I think.

Looking at those two lists, I can't tell which would be the winner in general...
                            Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                            yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                            Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                            leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

You forgot someting... Ninjas have at their disposial Shurriken. Nin wins hands down with damage with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X