Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will there be exclusive Dancer gear every 10 levels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will there be exclusive Dancer gear every 10 levels?

That would be a nice option, I mean most of the gear out now is really for mages and warriors and stuff like that but Dancers should get their own sets of wardrobe and unique clothes and visible accessories available in the AH with each set aimed towards filling in the gear a Dancer should get next every 10 levels or so,
    without having to wait until like around 60 to get AF gear that fits their job's nature.

cause you know since this is a new expansion, hopefully the gear and costumes and stuff get a huge upgrade that will provide expecially the new Jobs with more wardrobe options and alternatives to yesterday's gear, and still effective for parties without their stats looking gimped.

Re: will there be exclusive Dancer gear every 10 levels?

Puppetmasters didn't get any unique gear for the unique position in the job spectrum, and Dragoons are cursed with crap to choose from between levels one and fifty. Costumes and wardrobes for dances are mostly cultural, whereas for the actual dance itself depends mostly on the steps and moves. I doubt Dancers will get any special treatment.

Comment

What are dancers going to be good at in partys ? anybody read about them

Comment

Originally posted by siwarz View Post
        What are dancers going to be good at in partys ? anybody read about them
        Do you type your posts out in the dark or something? Turn a light on.

SE has given us a little information on Dancers. So, yea, we've read about them.

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
          Do you type your posts out in the dark or something? Turn a light on.

SE has given us a little information on Dancers. So, yea, we've read about them.
          i cant get onto the wings of the goddess website... it wont load on the computer i am on.
          and i dont know were any other info is about the dancer class.

you dont have to be so sharp, by the time u thought of that to insult me, you could of just explained a little to me

Comment

I'd assume Dancers would get MNK/SAM/NIN type or RNG/COR/THF type cloth armor, at the very least, I doubt they'd wear anything too heavy or too mage-like.

Comment

Probably group buffs/debuffs similar to bard.

Giving exclusive gears every x level is something SE has never done before. I doubt they'll start doing that for dancers.
              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Since they never done it before, that's all the more reason to offer something like that and would excite and promote much better!

cause it will almost be like buying an AF-quality set of gear every 10 levels, each with unique fashion styles that perfectly match your job. ^_^

Comment

Except there's no reason to give one job special treatment and AF-quality gear every 10 levels while the other 18 jobs have to deal with the plain-as-unbuttered-bread, recycled-look, mediocre-stat-boost pieces of armor 'til 60 (and back again after that, because every DD wears a Haubie or Scorp Harness.)

Comment

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
                    Since they never done it before, that's all the more reason to offer something like that and would excite and promote much better!

cause it will almost be like buying an AF-quality set of gear every 10 levels, each with unique fashion styles that perfectly match your job. ^_^
                    That would be a great idea of jobs could be 100% complete on release, but sadly, that's just not how MMORPGs work.

It starts out with the developer's idea of the job, then how the players work with that job. From there, the developer has to decide if their vision for the job was better or if the players' interpretation(s) of the jobs are better. Sometimes players do things with the job the developer never considered.

They didn't plan for NIN to be a tank and I don't think they really intended for BST or PUP to be proficient soloists, yet that's how they all panned out and that's they direction they now move them in.

In the case of PUP, I think SE settled on the fact that the players that "wanted a Necromancer" really had no fucking idea what they wanted and SE recently rounded out PUP more to their original vision of PUP being mage-like, though they still augmented their soloablity.

SE wanted COR to be akin to BRD, but there was a lot of disparity between the buffs they shared and BRDs started to become more common as pullers and neglect their duties as party buffers, so the strength in buffing is now on COR's side, though both jobs still possess their own strengths in buffing. And CORs favor a melee approach, so they get gear to suit that.

I think giving Dancer AF-like gear would rob both SE and the players of the ability to mold and influence the job to fit into the online realm. Its best to leave lots of room to experiment with new jobs rather than box them in like the originals.

Comment

Oh dear...

The thought of a Galka DRK/DNC... full DRK AF, doing a dance like you see on the trailer... i can only lol!

And dancing pirates! and dancing ninjas! LMAO dancing elvaan WARRIORS on full afs! LMAO! Oh my god this is gonna be fun, and i dont even mean in a stupid way, im going to enjoy it thoroughly.
                      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Oh god, me and litten will probably be danceing on the Ashu Talif on day 1 lol

Comment

Balfree, I thanked you just so I could remove it.
                          The Tao of Ren
                          FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                          Originally posted by Kaeko
                          As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

DAAANCING GAAAALLLLKKKKAAAS!

*invades your dreams*
                            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
                              cause it will almost be like buying an AF-quality set of gear every 10 levels
                              So would dancers AF like gear be as useless as most jobs AF or useful like the few sets that are? Or would it alternate, 10, 30, 50 and 70 are useless and 20, 40, 60 are decent?
                              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
                              X