Endgame Body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endgame Body?

I was wondering what is a good body to wear? I know morrigan (sp?) but there is no way I will have the time to get one of those. I was thinking of Assault Jerkin because I dont have any accuracy issues.

Does anyone have any suggestions on other body armor to wear full time for endgame?
    PSN ID: Kelshan
    Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
    Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
    sigpic

Re: Endgame Body?

Body equips are entirely situational, and alot of times require swapping. (I.e Dragoon's don't TP in Hecatomb, they DD in (Insert whatever piece here), swapping out body pieces for situations, for example macroing in thr AF2 body for calling the Wyvern then macroing it out.)

So by your sig I'm only guessing you are a Blue Mage.

From my experiences in endgame, I have seen a lot of Endgame Blue mages build around the AF Body. The +15 Skill on the body is really great. They equip Homan everything else, Walahra Head, but still have the AF body on. In my opinion, SE did a great job with the Blue Mage AF. So AF body is perfectly acceptable. I know alot of the most used Blue magic spells have a STR/DEX Modifier, so thats good.

Homan body is actually very nice, it isn't expensive at all to obtain, (Only to 15k Limbus fee to enter), and doesn't take necessarily long as Morrigan's robe does.

I actually found the link: Blue Mage: Endgame Equipment Comparison - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

So, you might want to look down at the Body guide, but I know Assault Jerkin is on there.

Hope it helped.

(P.S If you are not a Blue Mage and only have that cool blue mage sig for giggles, then im sorry if i didn't answer this properly, im only making the wild assumption that you are a blue mage lol)

The most precious possession that ever comes To a man in this world
    Is a woman's heart.

Comment

Upgrade your AF Body
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

To Tek: You had me worried for second. I thought I posted this in the wrong forum. Yes, I am a blue mage.
        OMG the Homam rules! I doubt I will have the time (only 3 hours to play a day starting at 8-9pm pst) to be a productive member of a Limbus LS.

Does anyone know the stats on Magus +1?

Just to make sure my understanding is correct, after you upgrade your AF to +1 then you can quest for you AF gear again?
        PSN ID: Kelshan
        Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
        Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
        sigpic

Comment

This piece is definitely a keeper as well. It pairs well with the AF Body, too. Woot for Dynamis!

It was just added with the update, and it's a lot cheaper to get than a Morrigan's Robe. Along with Homam, the three of those pieces will hold you over for a long time until you get money for Morrigan's.

Comment

Originally posted by Losrase View Post
            Just to make sure my understanding is correct, after you upgrade your AF to +1 then you can quest for you AF gear again?
            Yes sir, if you want the AF piece again you would need to re-quest.

Also, Limbus is on a time limit, it (Unlike alot of more time consuming endgame like sky/sea/dynamis/etc) Limbus is an instance, meaning, you go in, you come out.

Getting AF+1 actually is alot longer process than getting to Omega.

Actually, I would have to say they are about the same.

Basically to summarize it, you go in a zone called Apollyon (Temenos is for Ultima), and you collect chips for Omega, while collecting chips, AF armor upgrade items will drop. The thing is though, not all the armor will drop, so you may go for weeks without seeing the Blue mage piece.

After getting the item from Apollyon, you will have to do Temenos, which is Ultima. It is basically the same concept, hope that the Blue mage item drops, like Apollyon, you may not see it for weeks, depending on luck. Not only that, you would have to buy a the crafted item on the auction house and the however many ancient beastcoins it is.

If you are lucky enough to find a LS that just spams Apollyon for Omega, his process is actually a lot faster. You go in, get the chips, next Limbus (There is a wait time between Limbuses) you do an Omega, and Omega parts of his body, which you just bring to trade to a NPC in Mhaura for Homan.

Does anyone know the stats on Magus +1?

Let me help you with some visual aid:

Obtained in Temenos- Western Tower

Obtained In Apollyon-

* NW Apollyon
            * NE Apollyon
            * SE Apollyon
            * SW Apollyon

Auction House, should be really cheap. Currently around 5k on this server.

Need 30 of these. These should be really cheap thanks to SE cutting the price of Limbus in half. But depending on how your Linkshell runs coin drops, you may get these for free, just save them.

Hope it helped, and good luck on your Blue Mage adventures.

(P.S I'm not a BLU, this character's BLU is like 44, but I like to help where I can)

The most precious possession that ever comes To a man in this world
            Is a woman's heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Electricity Gone Human View Post
              This piece is definitely a keeper as well. It pairs well with the AF Body, too. Woot for Dynamis!

It was just added with the update, and it's a lot cheaper to get than a Morrigan's Robe. Along with Homam, the three of those pieces will hold you over for a long time until you get money for Morrigan's.
              ^ that about sums it up, Mirage for TP/idle, Magus for most physical spells(I personally was using Narasimha's Vest for Cannonball, saw slightly better damage but it was a marginal increase), Errant or Morrigan's for magical(nothing wrong w/ NQ errant at all for this), and if you want to be picky Enkidu's for Sword WS/Hysteric Barrage.
              Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Don't forget Enkidu's Harness - the only piece closest to Haubergeon a BLU can wear -
                Thanks,
                Vrytreya

My FFXI Doc

Comment

Working...
                X