My Blu is Special Ed. ; ;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Blu is Special Ed. ; ;

Me and a friend went to learn spells yesterday, he was a 25 BLU and I was a 27 BLU. First we went to Gusgen so we could learn Poison Breath. The first Bandersnatch that used it, he learned it and it took about 15 more for me to learn it. We went from there to Carpenter's Landing to get Soporific, the second mob that used it, he learned it and it took about 15 for me. While we were healing a random tiger walked up and aggroed him so we fought it, it used Claw Cyclone and he learned it on the first try, I already had it previously. We left there and took turns getting each other Wild Carrot. He learned it the first time a rabbit used it and after about 15 rabbits using it and about 5 using it 2x i didn't learn it. I was a little frustrated but I just said meh part of being BLU. I Probably would've kept trying to learn it, but I had to logoff for the night. Kinda annoyed me though because my friend kept saying "Check the spell list to make sure you didnt get it" but before he had said it every time I had already checked.

I've noticed for me its harder to learn spells if you are a few physical levels lower than the spell level, and about the same if you are a few physical levels over the level you should've learned the spell. I went out to learn Bludgeon around lvl12 ended up dying about 3 times and wasting about 4 hours because of links. Went back around lvl15ish and learned it in about 30 mins.

I'm not discouraged in the least bit, I'll be back out there today trying to learn it.
    Last edited by Durahansolo; 09-13-2008, 07:02 AM.
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Re: My Blu is Special Ed. ; ;

In my experience you should go and attempt to learn the spells with capped blue magic skill, which as you pointed out, is important. Just keep going.
    [LadyKiKi]
    Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
    .:|The Prototype BST|:.
    Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

I've had days like that before. One night I'd go Spell Hunting, and I'd learn 5 spells within the first 2-3 mobs, then other nights, it'll take all night to get just one spell from a mob who spams the spell. I gues it's random by days not by mobs. /shrug.

My skill was capped both times, and i'm sure it helps.
      Last edited by Phanex; 09-11-2008, 05:09 AM. Reason: Major Spelling errors. ><

Comment

Yeah, my blue magic is capped now, which is one good thing out of it, the majority of the time I had been soloing so my skills wouldn't cap as fast on T mobs as they did on the IT mobs lol. When we hit 30, i'm gonna grab our PUP friend who has BLU 31 so the three of us can run through a few BCNMs for fun.
        {New Sig in the works}
        -----------------------
        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

"Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.

Comment

Most likely just random luck of the draw.

GL learning Wild Carrot. That one turned into an all day LS event of killing bunnies so that I could learn it. Pollen and Wild Carrot are the only two spells I have ever had problems learning, I've learned all my other spells after seeing the move 1-2 times.

I'm just hoping that Magic Fruit isn't as painful to learn as the other healing spells were

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

You must be very luck Vyuru, kekeke. All of the BLU that I learn solo or outside of exp. parties so far, took hours.... Orz. But the good side is, it gives me a chance to fight with mobs and in areas that I normally don't, which is fun.
            Server: Quetzalcoatl
            Race: Hume Rank 7
            75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

The healing spells didn't give me much trouble. The worst ones for me so far have been frenetic rip and hysteric barrage. Once you get those hard-to-get spells that give so much grief, you're so happy after you finally see that message.

Comment

The main thing to keep in mind about learning Blue Magic is that your Blue Magic Skill does indeed play a part in how fast (on average) you'll learn a spell. Luck still does very much play a part, but the percentages tend to go up once you're within 30 skill levels of the skill cap for the level of the spell. Keeping your Blue Magic Skill at cap is indeed recommended, and fortunately, is one of the easiest magic skills to do so. The AF hands and body really help once you get them, as well.

The only spells I really had a hard time learning, and only because I still haven't learned it, is Asuran Claws. The rest aren't that bad, but then again, I really, really enjoyed farming for spells. Fighting mobs that I normally would never even touch, and going places I'd normally never go to fight said mobs, really was a fun experience. You just have to really enjoy the job to want to do it, after all is said and done.

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                  I remember it took about 3 deaths and about 4 hours to learn Bludgeon that was around level 12, when I went back around lvl 15ish i learned it in about 30 mins.
                  I think I want to know how you learned Bludgeon twice.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Originally posted by Tickmeoff View Post
                    I think I want to know how you learned Bludgeon twice.
                    Epic haxx,

Yeah I guess my wording didn't really make sense, I was at work at the time and typing fast lol. What I meant to say was, I went out there at level 12 to try to learn it, ended up dying about 3 times and I didnt learn it. Went back at 15ish and learned it in about 30 mins.

Learned Wild Carrot yesterday, I had given up on it for a few days since I didnt have help to do it. I hit 30 BLU yesterday from soloing and partying (Level Sync is sooo great lol). While soloing in qufim I got Jetstream and Smite of Rage rather fast, wasnt really trying to get them though. Headed out to Bibiki Bay most of the rabbits checked IT to me i think they must've been the ones closer to lvl 38ish found some T's tried to solo one got killed, came back with NPC soloed one NPC Dead ;_;. Decided to go after the Goblin's Rabbits instead, ended up learning it from about the 4th pet I fought.

Got up this morning went and learned Uppercut and getting ready to go learn Chaotic Eye.
                    Last edited by Durahansolo; 09-13-2008, 06:58 AM.
                    {New Sig in the works}
                    -----------------------

Comment

Working...
                    X