Calling all Blu/Nins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Blu/Nins

I have been experimenting as 74 BLU/PLD and I have experienced some good results with my current attempt.

I am asking all BLU/NINs could you tell me the hardest mob(s)/NM(s) you fought solo and won. Could you also include the food, meds, and drink. If you slaughtered the mob, was in no apparent danger, barely won, or soooo lucky. If your gear was leet, above average, average, below average, etc. If you think any other infomation is worth mentioning, please do.

I would like to see if my BLU/PLD setup works outside of campaign battles and PvP events.
    PSN ID: Kelshan
    Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
    Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
    sigpic

Re: Calling all Blu/Nins

It's not technically soloing since I dual box it, but Like The Wind ENM may be a reasonable bar. It's something I tank on BLU/NIN that I believe I couldn't on another sub.
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Most of the BLU that I know solo Imps, but I don't have sea access or the spells that come with it to try it myself.

Comment

TBH, I shift between /PLD, /THF, and /NIN on my BLU so much I hardly notice much what particular strategies I use since they're all become second nature. For the most part on food, it depends really on what I'm doing. For /NIN however (since this is what you're asking for), I tend to focus mainly on the various sushis. This is mainly because as /NIN, I've got multi hit spells equipped, and I want to take advantage of as many hits as I possibly can so I can make the mp spent worth it. Also, in this setup, while spamming Head Butt, I want to make sure that I have the highest possible chance of making sure each cast connects. If I'm casting a Stun, I would want to make sure it connects, because I'm obviously needing it to.

My gear for /NIN is slightly different than /PLD, but only in the Accessories department (and by that, I mean my earrings and belt for the most part. Rajas and Ulthalam's Rings are permanently fused to my fingers. For every job. Forever.). Suppanomimi and Loq. Earring for swing and casting speed, Potent Belt for STR and Acc., and Smart Grenade for the extra Attack. Amemet Mantle +1 just goes with all my jobs, so it does as well here. I recently got a Beast Slayer, so that goes in main, and either Dragon or Demon Slayer in the off, depending on my target (I'm still working on that Perdu Hanger). I mostly fill in the rest of my visible gear with Haste, +MP, Att., and Acc., so that mainly says Homam, W. Turban, and Dusk. I often swap between Homam Corazza and Magus Jubbah for the casting of spells.

Speaking of spells, I usually equip said multi-hit spells, since those tend to be the most damaging. I also make sure spells like Head Butt, Refueling, Diamondhide, Magic Fruit, and Auto-Refresh/Conserve MP combos are set (minimum point cost for each, of course, i.e. Actnic Burst/Plasma Charge and Chaotic Eye/Zephyr Mantle). The rest usually go to STR-boosting spells if I have room afterwards.

As far as the hardest mob I've ever fought solo, I would have to say the Heraldic Imps out by Khimaera's spawn in Caedarva Mire. That's not even really a challenge, however (rather boring really). Only reason I consider it difficult to any degree would just be the trip to the camp, and the distance from the zone should I somehow end up in trouble.

Hope that helps answer w/e questions and/or bits of curiosity you have.
        Last edited by LilithAngel; 09-04-2008, 12:36 AM. Reason: Ifrit in the Fire Protocrystal would come in a close second, but only because I was the main source of damage and tanking for it. There was still support from the RDM and SMN that came with me.

Comment

BLU/PLD? I'm curious as to how that works as I've never tried it before.

Comment

BLU/PLD mainly focuses on using the native Auto Refresh, Defense Bonus, and the various defensive tools from /PLD to free up points and abilities for BLU main to go on the offensive. Spells like Diamondhide, Zephyr Mantle, Reactor Cool, and Cocoon go towards boosting your defensive nature and mitigating damage taken, while still producing damage. Flash from /PLD is still very effective, and means you don't have to equip the point hog Actnic Burst. Equipping a shield in the off hand may be tricky, due to lack of options, but there are a few that provide some defensive measures, and Shield Mastery will make sure you can take advantage of them. Head Butt is a spell every BLU, almost no matter what build, should have set. This is certainly no exception here. The extra Healing Magic Skill you get from /PLD will actually help boost your BLU cures, such as Wild Carrot and Magic Fruit, while Exuviation will help with status cures. For offensive spells, Disseverment will be the main one, due to the heavy initial damage it does, and the powerful poison proc it leaves behind. The rest you can play around with until you find a setup that you like, but those are the main spells you want to take a look at. This is all at high level, however, so keep that in mind. At lower levels, adjust gear, spells, and ability access accordingly.
            Last edited by LilithAngel; 09-15-2008, 01:49 AM. Reason: Sorry for solid paragrah. Enter key does not seem to be working for some reason.

Comment

Since BLU/PLD and other subjobs is mentioned, I may as well ask in here instead of making a new post:

How about BLU/RDM compare to BLU/PLD?

/RDM has usable thing such as Phalanx, Stoneskin, Regen, Dispel, Healing magic skill, Bar-spell, and Fast Cast (Fast Cast II at high level). From Wiki I see that Fast Cast offers spell casting time reduction and /recast timer reduction (I am not sure). Clear mind, Magic attack/defense bonus, plus subjob-level Enspell, low shield skill ....

At least on paper BLU/RDM looks good.
              Server: Quetzalcoatl
              Race: Hume Rank 7
              75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

I don't think it's very good considering BLU has no Enhancing Magic.

I have Enhancing capped on PLD and there are times I still wish my Enhancing were higher. My Stoneskin tops out at only ~230 HP, my Enspells do 14 and a my Phalanx absorbs 19. A BLU/RDM would only have a horrible Stoneskin, 9 damage enspells (with awful resist rates) and 8 damage Phalanx. Pretty meh.

Comment

8 dmg Phalanx only?! that is it O.o?! Oh my my that sux =( ... that is no contest with Sentinel.

Comment

For solo stuff, how does Blu/Pld compare to Blu/Dnc?

/Pld gives alot of nice boosts, and it's a bit hard for me to judge how it compares (Blu is only 32 at this point)

And I should say that I don't mean at lvl 32, but at 75 say.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

The most notable advantage I have experienced is with Silence. If a /NIN is silenced it is almost certain death, but with /PLD I am able to survive awhile longer using Sentinal and Shield Bash. I have, on occasion, survived being silenced while soloing.

My current build is working but I still need a few more pieces of gear to test a few more theories.

Vyuru: I completely forgot about DNC. I only played one to level 10 which means I little knowledge about there full range of abilites. I would have to level one to subjob status (level 37) before I would be able to remotely answer that question.
                      Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
                      sigpic

Comment

If Silence is your concern you could easily remedy that with a 670g Echo Drop >_>

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                          If Silence is your concern you could easily remedy that with a 670g Echo Drop >_>
                          lol, I never said it was a concern. I just refuse to use any consumables in Campaign battles, but if you have the gil to spare more power to ya.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
                            For solo stuff, how does Blu/Pld compare to Blu/Dnc?

/Pld gives alot of nice boosts, and it's a bit hard for me to judge how it compares (Blu is only 32 at this point)

And I should say that I don't mean at lvl 32, but at 75 say.
                            For solo, yesterday I had solo-ed a DC Fire Elemental at level 50 in Eastern Alpha Desert as BLU/DNC (... yea, it was a freaking long fight). I am not sure about other levels, but in mid level range BLU/DNC is very well rounded for solo.

Comment

Working...
                            X