First to 75?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First to 75?

Well, I suppose that this may also be a cross server post....

Over in Diabolos though, it may be safe to say that Leone is arguably the first BLU to reach 75.

Anyone else know of their highest BLU in their server?
    Last edited by Eohmer; 05-16-2006, 04:43 AM.

Re: First to 75?

Battosi was the first 75BLU on Bismarck, and he's been 75 for about a week and a half. There were other 75BLUs on other servers ~1 week before that.
    Dryhus, Elvaan male | Bismarck | San d'Oria 6 | Windurst 5
    62RDM/60MNK/40BLM/37RNG/31WAR/24WHM/20NIN/19BRD/...
    Woodworking 94.7+2 | Bonecraft 53 | Cooking 42 | Fishing 29
    Smithing 29 | Alchemy 27 | Goldsmithing 21

Bismarck Crafting Services
    My Skillcap Chart, printable on 8.5"x11"

Comment

It's disgusting that anyone did that with any of the new jobs as quick as many of them did.

fk yes

Comment

Lol, In my opinion it doesn't matter that much.
        http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

I wonder how many abilities they passed up just to be the first 75. :-\

Comment

Originally posted by 711rocks
            It's disgusting that anyone did that with any of the new jobs as quick as many of them did.
            Stuff like THAT makes you vomit?

dis·gust (ds-gst)
            tr.v. dis·gust·ed, dis·gust·ing, dis·gusts
            1. To excite nausea or loathing in; sicken.
            2. To offend the taste or moral sense of; repel.
            You're wierd...

Comment

I'll agree that it disgusts me, and I knew the definition of that very simple word without the dictionary citation.

I know people asked the question of Battosi, and he was missing VERY few BLU spells. His run to 75 included taking time out to learn almost all BLU spells.

I said it in another thread, but you have have to wonder what these people are like. Clearly no jobs, family, friends, social life, etc. Being 75 sounds cool and everything, but when I think about people like that I feel like the ub3r veteran and they seem like the n00b at life.

Comment

It's kinda sad really, I would doubt that all of them could have ALL their spells.
                75 levels and getting a spell from every mob family would take way more than 2-3 weeks, and not to mention that most people would need to farm for gear or food.

Hm.

DRG75/BLU61

Comment

We had some on Sylph really quick. And if they had the time and really enjoyed doing it, no matter what their reasons, more power to them.

I really don't understand the judging thing about this. I know a lot of people who thought people who played D & D were nerds, people who play online games are socially retarded, etc. So whenever I read someone post and make assumptions, I just think of the people I know who make assumptions about MMORPG players in general.
                  Randwolf - Tarutaru
                  Windurst Rank 10
                  75MNK/37WAR
                  75THF/75BLU/45NIN/37RNG
                  15BRD/13WHM/12BLM
                  14PLD,10DRG,10SMN,9BST,8RDM,8DRK,8SAM
                  1PUP/1COR
                  Goldsmith 53, Blacksmith 39, Alchemy 51
                  World - Sylph

Comment

Originally posted by PotentPotables
                    Stuff like THAT makes you vomit?

dis·gust (ds-gst)
                    tr.v. dis·gust·ed, dis·gust·ing, dis·gusts
                    1. To excite nausea or loathing in; sicken.
                    2. To offend the taste or moral sense of; repel.
                    You're wierd...
                    No I'm not, they are.
                    Fuck sitting inside playing video games all damn day.
                    Learn to play an instrument, get a job, practice drawing etc
                    FFXI is fun as hell, but it's a waste of time.
                    Unless you sell your account XD

fk yes

Comment

To all ye non-understanders :

It's called a goal. Whether it's in life or in a game, it's a goal. these people obviously anted to be one of the first. They wanted their names put in Threads about the first BLU's on their server. Recognition and the satisfaction of a job well, and quickly, done.

Who's to say they don't have friends? Maybe they're away on vacation, and if not, then maybe their family doesn't want to have anything to do with them. Not THEIR fault they didn't get hugged enough.

Maybe they have not only no interest in the Arts, but no talent with it or comprehension of it. Who's going to reach out and teach them? After school programs? Not when they can go home and do something their good at.

I, personally, have yet to reach past 68 with a single character. I enjoy the time I play, but even I go overboard with my goals sometimes. I'll tell you honeslty, too. the only thing that keeps me in check IS my family.

If I lived alone, with only work to take my time away from something as satisfactory and goal oriented as FFXI, I'd probably have several PC's at 75 as well. No reason to be "disgusted" with these people just because they don't match your interests in life.

Hell, if you feel that bad about it, why don't YOU try to be their friend or teach them to play the piano.

Comment

Soldyne was the first BLU to 75 on Valefor, and Seiros was the first COR to 75 heh

Comment

Recognition and the satisfaction of a job well, and quickly, done.
                          I wouldn't necessarily call it a "Job well done" if they are missing tons of abilities.

Double Post Edited:
                          Who's to say they don't have friends? Maybe they're away on vacation...
                          Odd time to have "friends" on vacation when the new jobs were available, eh?
                          Last edited by Eohmer; 05-15-2006, 01:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

If I lived alone, with only work to take my time away from something as satisfactory and goal oriented as FFXI, I'd probably have several PC's at 75 as well. No reason to be "disgusted" with these people just because they don't match your interests in life.
                            If I lived alone and only had my job and FFXI, I'd probably play a lot, too. I'm sure there are a lot of people that fit that description. While they don't match my situation, I'm not judging them.

I'm judging the people that have no job and play FFXI all day all night day in and day out, only pausing to eat and sleep during maintenance or when their bodies absolutely demand it, and even then this probably coincides with their Empress Ring still cooling down. They probably have family, but they ignore them to play their game. They probably had friends, but neglected them to XP all the time. They don't have any interests, because they value FFXI above all else.

And really, to hit 75 in 3 weeks, you HAVE to fit that description. 837,550 total XP to 75. At an average of 6K/hour, that's 140 hours of XPing alone. Divide that into 3 weeks, and it's 47 hours a week. I'd consider myself FFXI-lucky if I got 5 hours of XP in per week.

Comment

Some people really do have that much time on their hands.

Instead of being jealous or judgmental, how about being glad that there's someone who's already there? The sooner we find out what these jobs are like at maximum level, the more information the rest of us will have when we get around to raising those jobs ourselves, and the more opportunity there will be for bugs in the game mechanics to be corrected and balanced for the rest of us.

Icemage

Comment

Working...
                              X