This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bomb toss; Wrong description?

I might agree if it was a lesser known skill, like Blastbomb or something, but I think by the time anyone reaches level 30 they should be intimately familiar with Bomb Toss and expect the same thing when they use it themselves.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

OK, Im on the same page with Zypher.... Firstly, they already said it was AOE so thats not in question. So why in the hell are you people doing nothing but flaming these people on what they already said!?!? Hell.... THEY ARE AGREEING WITH YOU!!!! Shut the hell up and move on to the real purpose of the thread.

A Wrong Description has made its way into FFXI many times before... and odds are because alot of ToAU is still being worked on, it wouldnt surprise me that this mistake happened. Just give it a few updates and patches and it will more than likely be changed.

And for the record, as a 44 BLU I have noticed this description and questioned it myself... It seems like alot of the BLU Spell Descriptions can be kinda -off- from what normal mobs show them as. Oh well... such is life....
      ---------------------------

www.tinyurl.com/servants12

Comment

...O_o Wow i never thought this little *Hey did you notice that? its kinda funny* thread would turn into this >.>

All i wanted to say is that it was funny testing out this spell and getting us all killed (seriously, i havent gotten as good a laugh in a while), since obviously the spell description is lacking the part "Deals fire damage to enemies" or something. In a game, very little things are left to the judgement of the players when it comes to spell/ability descriptions, and i just thought it was worth mentionning that bomb toss was lacking a part in its own.

And yes, of couuuurse we knew its a friggin bomb. It was all the same an incomplete description when it comes to game design ethics >.> And no its not a crime against humanity to keep the current description if they dont change it, i just thought it worth mentioning the whole thing to have a laugh with people, but heh lol
        Only Pure Souls Can Resist The Stain Of Blood.

~Yokho~
        63mnk /63Blu/ ~61 Smn~ /54pld /52rng/46drk/43nin34war/35thf/29whm/18rdm/15drg
        Former beta tester (Yoko)(drk43/mnk36/sam20/war15)

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Originally posted by Yoko
          ...O_o Wow i never thought this little *Hey did you notice that? its kinda funny* thread would turn into this >.>

All i wanted to say is that it was funny testing out this spell and getting us all killed (seriously, i havent gotten as good a laugh in a while), since obviously the spell description is lacking the part "Deals fire damage to enemies" or something. In a game, very little things are left to the judgement of the players when it comes to spell/ability descriptions, and i just thought it was worth mentionning that bomb toss was lacking a part in its own.

And yes, of couuuurse we knew its a friggin bomb. It was all the same an incomplete description when it comes to game design ethics >.> And no its not a crime against humanity to keep the current description if they dont change it, i just thought it worth mentioning the whole thing to have a laugh with people, but heh lol
          No problem as I already stated and agreed with the description is bad, but yet at the same time it is good enough that someone with some sense would understand it to be AoE still.

The thing I just find particularly funny about how this is going is with Zyph's debating part. This reminded me of a few legal BS that occured because someone had little to no sense.

Legal BS this brought to mind:
          • Lady burns herself after placing Hot Coffee between her legs. She says the product did not warn that the coffee would be hot (If it isn't written it isn't "official" BS)
          • Lady breaks arm and hip after using an Oven handle like a stepping stool. States the handle had no warnings that it couldn't support a human (If it isn't written it isn't "offical" BS)
          • Guy places entire contents of a Winter Kit into the pool, this includes the bottle and bags unopened. Complains product didn't work says he followed the instructions when it says "Place product in the pool". Excuse for not opening the bottle and pouring the bottles content into the pool, and opening the bag and pouring it's content in... "Well instructions said nothing about opening the stuff" (If it isn't written it isn't "official" BS yet again)

I've got millions of these were I'd think if someone else came close to these situations they'd of easily avoided it with better amount of sense I'm sure they'd have... Or at least I hope they'd have.

That's the only thing bugging me with Zyph's fighting back on what we stated even though I already stated and agree'd the description is not very clear, but it is clear enough that some sense would answer if it's AoE or not.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Just for the records, I was the War/Nin Tank of that party and died actually laughing in real life at this situation

That was soooooooo funny to see the lizzard turning at the BLU after the bombs exploded, they really looked pissed ! :D

Great PT, got xp back real fast

Altalus
            Guide to pay your JP POL (Japanese Playonline) account by michaeldue here >>> http://www.ffxi-europe.com/

Kudos to michaeldue !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zyph

See, you're arguing what we already touched on. We already knew bombtoss from goblins was AOE, but since it didn't say that in the description, it makes a person wonder.

I don't see why this is so hard for you to grasp....?
              yes it is hard to grasp that someone would actually wonder about that. like macht said and i will point out again. if you played past lv. 3 then you should know better. however, if you havent made it to lv. 3, then you are excused.

id really hate to see anyone who really is 'confused' about the description use any of the following: heavy machinery, cake mixer, firearms and/or a garden hose.
              Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
              ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Originally posted by Omni-Ragnarok
                id really hate to see anyone who really is 'confused' about the description use any of the following: heavy machinery, cake mixer, firearms and/or a garden hose.
                Lol, I agree there. A great uncle I have did something like that really stupid with a lawn mower. Lets just say it this way, nothing "offical" said it would be bad to stick his fingers under the lawn mower to flip it over while it's on, finger puree anyone?

Besides that pointing out 1 bad description when there are tons in the game already that are vague or not direct is pointless. There's many in the game that are vague, heck don't know if they rectified it yet but many shields even were BST usable yet the Class list didn't have BST on it. That's a lot more clear mistake that should be corrected then something like this.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

...I think you are all missing the MAJOR point of this thread, so ill repeat it again; an off-hand remark on something that stroke me as funny. Did i ever say that this was a terrible mistake that needed to be fixed right away? I suppose i should've named the thread "Bomb toss; Wrong description? COME LAUGH" or something.

Jesus, i had a high opinion of a lot of the users that posted in here, but after seeing how some took the OP the way they wanted to without seeing the sense i gave it, im a bit dissapointed =/

Anyways Macht, saying that pointing out an error in a game that brought up a very funny incident is pointless isn't really relevant, since THE WHOLE POINT of this thread wasnt trying to say "Hey look i found an error and it desperatly needs to be fixed!", but rather pointing out a, lets call it short description, that resulted in an hilarious situation, and which, from my point of view, could use more detail in its description. (yes, i already studied in gaming design and since im perfectionnist, this is the kind of stuff that jumps to my face even if its not THAT important)

So, once and for all, this isnt a thread about people putting their dogs in a microwave and blaming the company about their pet exploding rather then drying up. (Good lord, i feel ive said the same thing over and over for the past posts)

Edit: Rereading my first post, i can see people taking it the serious way, but really, this was intended to be something funny to be discussed.
                  Last edited by Yoko; 05-04-2006, 11:23 AM.

~Yokho~

Comment

i think its less about you and the op and more about some of the posts that followed.

most notibly this one

Calm down you nerds, good lord.

Did you not read the original post? If not, might I suggest you do it now?

Cursed sphere is a single target that AOEs too, and yet it clearly says deals water damage within area of effect.
                    Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                    ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

*cough* ohh... >.> /blush

~Yokho~

Comment

Yeah, Yoko I got your point and like I'll repeat agreed. The description was bad and yes it's funny to see people make a mistake were sense should of told them otherwise.

That was the point of the stuff I was putting up, ment it to be double edged. Targeting Zypher for his rude remarks again but also you got to admit the ones I put up were pretty funny. The Winter Kit is a fav. of mine customer that actually called me, boy he was berating me like crazy then when we found out what happened he was at such a huge loss for words it was just a down right riot.

Well except my uncle taking his fingers off in a unique way, it is funny though when you get the whole detail (Even he use to laugh at it with the stubs and Thumbs he had left).

Sorry, though guess quoting your message added to the confusion.

Comment

Its all good, maybe i took this all a bit too personnal, the quote might have confused me lol

(Oh and dont be too rough on Zypher, i think he overreacted that way because he felt people were flaming my funny story or something, and since we know each other XD)

EDIT: The example you and Omni gave though were indeed hilarious too XD

PS: Omni, everytime i see your avatar i remember how i laughed to death reading that particular comic strip lollll.
                          Last edited by Yoko; 05-04-2006, 12:21 PM.

~Yokho~

Comment

Originally posted by Yoko
                            ...I think you are all missing the MAJOR point of this thread, so ill repeat it again.
                            This thread is hilarious by the "arguing" that goes along in here

Main Jobs- Rdm 60 Smn 31 Bst 28 Blu 27

The Quetzlcoatl Gimp's SS Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Khidir
                              This thread is hilarious by the "arguing" that goes along in here
                              /me readies his pitchfork.
                              What you talking about, we arn't arguing!

Oh wait which thread is this...

Oopsy, maybe we were

/me puts away his pitchfork and nonchalantly walks away... whistling.

Comment

easy there Mr. Lackey....

Main Jobs- Rdm 60 Smn 31 Bst 28 Blu 27

The Quetzlcoatl Gimp's SS Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X