This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomb toss; Wrong description?

Off the top of my head, the description is something like "Throws a bomb at an enemy". You see, although it seems obvious that bomb toss is AoE, this led to me and another blu asking ourselves if it was actually AoE since in the desc it said more or less that it was single target, and well, we agroed a few lizards with our MB lol.

Any of you did that silly mistake too? XD (S-E should prolly fix this, because although it is logical for it to be AoE, if its not written, its not "official", if you get my meaning lol)
    Only Pure Souls Can Resist The Stain Of Blood.

~Yokho~
    63mnk /63Blu/ ~61 Smn~ /54pld /52rng/46drk/43nin34war/35thf/29whm/18rdm/15drg
    Former beta tester (Yoko)(drk43/mnk36/sam20/war15)

Which FF Character Are You?

Re: Bomb toss; Wrong description?

Was fighting with a blu in Yhoater jungle on saturday night, ivory lizzy was near, blu bomb tossed and it agroed, we all RLF to zone and just survived. Blu never used it after that!!

Comment

Have you NEVER had a goblin toss a bomb at your party? Of course its AoE.

Comment

Lol, I wonder who that other BLU was???

And dude, of course we have fought goblins before. But the description says it's a single target.

Comment

The description is partly right. When you throw the bomb it is targeted to an enemy and then AoEs on the targeted enemy not around you. Not a wrong description just a bad one that incomplete. Then again considering what you have to go through to even reach the area to get BLU, it would be completly resonable that the person to get this ability would of seen Bomb Toss used by Goblins and would know it's AoE.

So I would say the description was done as it is because they figured a person using such spells would of seen it used on them and known. So why would it be any different?

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

you throw 1 bomb at an enemy... doesn't sound like a single target description to me. It's a bomb, not a pebble :/
            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

... its a friggin description... common sense, experience past lv. 3 and whatever should be enough. but i guess for the sake of consistancy, what the heck se? poor spell description got my pt killed. i want my money back!
              Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
              ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Calm down you nerds, good lord.

Did you not read the original post? If not, might I suggest you do it now?

Cursed sphere is a single target that AOEs too, and yet it clearly says deals water damage within area of effect.

Comment

yea and i'd suggest you read everything after that.

like i said, its just a description. incomplete at best but really, really... who cares.

as for nerds, i think it be a hard sell trying to convince people you arent one either. toting 2 75 jobs and all. but hey, whatever floats your boat pal.
                  Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                  ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

it clearly says deals water damage
                    I think that's the best part about the description... every whm or /whm I PT with never use the same bar spell against flies... baraero and barfire are popular choice. But now we know for sure it's water.
                    The AoE part, seriously, you should know. With or without description.
                    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Zyph
                      Calm down you nerds, good lord.

Did you not read the original post? If not, might I suggest you do it now?

Cursed sphere is a single target that AOEs too, and yet it clearly says deals water damage within area of effect.
                      I'm aware just the same as many abilities you can pick out of the Blue Mage spell list. The problem was still simply a bad description, unlike cursed sphere, ice break, grand slam, frightful roar, etc... all of those are suppose to be close range to activate as well.

Bomb toss doesn't need to be in melee range because it's a Ranged AoE not a Melee AoE. Were as every other that says with in area are all Melee AoE (Meaning that even though you pick a target the damage range the attack goes out to is based around you not the target), just bad description someone probably figured that everyone knew bombs explode in a radius so should effect more then 1 person.

How lame is that though, person wanting to nit pick a description to a spell in the game. A spell of which since they've been playing the game should of conceivably knew the bomb toss would act as it did calling other's nerds???

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Wouldnt be the first time for a bad or even incorrect description. Sidewinder used to (hell it probably does still) say that it was one shot fo 4x damage. When in fact, after extensive testing, has been proven to do 5x damage. That much information someone is bound to cut corners and make assumptions, or in some cases just screw up.
                        After all, its a bomb. AoE is inherent in an explosion, real life, in game, or otherwise.
                        I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Yoko
                          Off the top of my head, the description is something like "Throws a bomb at an enemy".
                          Okay ... WTF? Try this test at home. Get an M67 (Or other similar device) and arm it. Go toss it at a family member at a reunion. Later, from your prison cell, tell us if it only hurt one person in the family or more. After all, you only tossed it to one family member.

Comment

Before we get wella way from the point yes, bomb toss is natually a AOE, just think wyhen a goblin uses it on you, it looses life as well. we have summed up the description may not be 100% but common sense should prevail. To sum up i should think its best to say to all blue mages. Think before you toss.

Comment

I'll ask this again. Did you -NOT- read yoko's post.. here I'll highlight the part.

"Off the top of my head, the description is something like "Throws a bomb at an enemy". You see, although it seems obvious that bomb toss is AoE, this led to me and another blu asking ourselves if it was actually AoE since in the desc it said more or less that it was single target, and well, we agroed a few lizards with our MB lol.

Any of you did that silly mistake too? XD (S-E should prolly fix this, because although it is logical for it to be AoE, if its not written, its not "official", if you get my meaning lol)"

See, you're arguing what we already touched on. We already knew bombtoss from goblins was AOE, but since it didn't say that in the description, it makes a person wonder.

I don't see why this is so hard for you to grasp....?
                              Last edited by Zyph; 05-04-2006, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X