Head Butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Butt

Does BLU really get a 0.5 second cast stun, with only 10 seconds recast, from level 12? There's got to be either some kind of catch, or a lot of very sad DRKs... that's so far beyond the performance of Stun (the spell) it isn't even funny. You hardly even need a silence with that kind of stunning ability.

Heck, an alliance of BLUs using Head Butt in rotation could practically stunlock something for as long as their MP held out - without using 2hrs.
    Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
    RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
    All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Re: Head Butt

Stop whining - Head butt is unreliable on IT because it tends to miss a lot, so chances are the enemy will never get stunned, especially on HNM, where they're at least 9 levels above you. Stun duration will be negligible IF they even hit with headbutt.

Compare to Stun, which is pretty much a guaranteed 100% interrupt. I'd take Chainstun over chainheadbutt any day on the Dynamis lord.

Yes, you're still a unique and beautiful snowflake.
    I believe most sigs are like the people they represent - useless, loud and obnoxious.

Comment

The key to an easy DL fight - BLU party. Let's just go with BLU stun > DL locus, k!

Comment

Originally posted by locus
        Yes, you're still a unique and beautiful snowflake.
        to go with the recent user quotes in signatures fad, i might have to use that one...
        Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
        ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Originally posted by Omni-Ragnarok
          to go with the recent user quotes in signatures fad, i might have to use that one...
          Nah, I was just quoting Fangtooth off the WoW forums in reply to the priest racial thingy. I don't play WoW anymore because the forums give me all the entertainment and drama I ever need without charging monthly fees to access.
          I believe most sigs are like the people they represent - useless, loud and obnoxious.

Comment

locus, you have got to stop assuming people are whining anytime someone speaks positively or negatively of something. I don't think Karinya is even drk main, she just thought Headbutt was 100% like Stun, which would be very impressive as noted.

There was, in fact, a catch as Karinya suspected, and all you had to do was share that information.
            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Gotcha Taskmage:

Here's the reason why it won't work on HNM very well:

1) Headbutt DOESN'T Stun 100% of the time on IT. On anything VT or lower, you're likely to see a stun effect if it connects 95% of the time, but on IT, it sometimes has absolutely no effect.

2) Blue magic has a terrible hit rate (about 60%) on IT enemies. This makes even hitting with it extremely unreliable. Headbutting Suzaku during chainspell is asking your entire alliance to eat firaga 3.

3) Headbutt is a point blank skill. You can't use this from a distance like Stun. There are enemies in this game that have to be kited ALL the time because they have horrible horrible AEs. Blu is NEVER going to be able to chainstun these.

4) Headbutt causes knockback. This is NOT desirable on Wyrm type monsters. (hellooo spike flail)

Comment

Your experience and insight are appreciated as always.
                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by locus
                  Compare to Stun, which is pretty much a guaranteed 100% interrupt. I'd take Chainstun over chainheadbutt any day on the Dynamis lord.
                  I wanna Head Butt the Dynamis Lord. I don't care if he gets stunned or not ^^

Comment

Seems SE confused Head Butt with Shell Bash =X
                    All spells obtained!
                    Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

Very few mobs need to be kited.

Comment

Originally posted by crowly
                        Very few mobs need to be kited.
                        O RLY. I guess you do all HNMs with more than 14 people - we don't have that manpower luxury.

Try convincing your LS that you should be let to sit in AE range and eat every AE WS the monster throws though... they'll react REALLY well to that.

Comment

Most AoEs can be stunned, that's why only a few need to be kited. Kirin, behemoths, and a few other unstunnables.

I guess it's not that surprising that a physical stun can miss. One of those cases where looking through the lists ripped from .dat files and actually using the spells are a bit different.

I bet it's still really nice for fighting magic-using beastmen and skeletons, though. Even a sometimes stun is a lot better than no stun.
                          Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                          RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                          All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

actualy i tried this in dunes on gobs and crabs with 5 blu and a whm it works
                            Last edited by massaranger; 04-24-2006, 01:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            TERA - Dark.Anubis 70 High Elf Preist - RETIRED
                            WOW Ihornedyourmom 85 Tauren Paladin - RETIRED
                            FFXIV - Sergei Volkov - RETIRED
                            FFXI - Massaranger, Daytimes and Sunghee - RETIRED

Comment

Keep in mind that's in the Dunes, Massa. I doubt that such a technique will work at later lvls, because as Iocus said, it can miss, not stun, and you have to be point blank. However it makes for amazing potential at low lvls =o
                              Kailo(Elvaan):[75DRK], [37THF], 37WAR, 37SAM, 37RDM, 37NIN
                              Current Mission
                              â—‹San d'Oria [M8-2] - Lightbringer
                              â—‹Zilart [ZM14] - Ark Angels
                              â—‹Promathia [PM4-2] - The Savage
                              -----------------------------------------
                              "Better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!" (°~°; )

Comment

Working...
                              X