Re: Head Butt

i understand that but there will probably be better combos later on
    TERA - Dark.Anubis 70 High Elf Preist - RETIRED
    WOW Ihornedyourmom 85 Tauren Paladin - RETIRED
    FFXIV - Sergei Volkov - RETIRED
    FFXI - Massaranger, Daytimes and Sunghee - RETIRED

Comment

The stun lasts a fraction of a second. It is insufficient to act as a means of damage prevention. It is useful only to interrupt long-cast mob special abilities and casting.

Comment

I never thought about this, but is a Blue Magic resist actually a miss? Can they now completely miss their spells? Or just do the physical damage, no matter how low or high, and the Stun effect will be resisted or just not fire off. I've yet to do anything as BLU, but I was hoping to toy around with some theories here soon. I did party with a BLU last night. Little Taru was doing pretty well. Bludgeon, and MB with Blastbomb. Not to mention Healing Breeze is a lotta fun! 60MP, and a huge Hate spike, but it wakes everybody up after a Mandy decides to ruin a skillchain by doing their AoE Sleep right after the first weapon skill.
        Odude
        PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
        RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
        SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Many blue mage "spells" are actually physical attacks. So yes, it is possible to "miss". And much like Dia, there are seperate components to some that can be individually resisted, like the Damage and Stun effects can be resisted individually.

Comment

i tryed as a war sub soloing tough mobs last night and it actualy worked all i did was use HB and stun the mob enough time to cast my cure ofcoure Stoneskin and cocoon block about 3 hits but by the time they hit me i have dealt half damage it was a amazing to get 160 exp off a gob ambusher in the dunes solo at lv 14 that without empress band, slow and wild oats and poison is a must, i tryed this aginst rabits and goblin tinkers and and lizzy it worked but did not work vs crabs
            Last edited by massaranger; 04-25-2006, 10:43 AM.
            TERA - Dark.Anubis 70 High Elf Preist - RETIRED
            WOW Ihornedyourmom 85 Tauren Paladin - RETIRED
            FFXIV - Sergei Volkov - RETIRED
            FFXI - Massaranger, Daytimes and Sunghee - RETIRED

Comment

lol headbutt stun only lasts a fraction of a second... capped ur blue magic skill lol i have had the stuns last up to 5 secs granted im only in dunes and you could very well be much higher but 3 blus can keep a mob in dunes from landing more than 1 or 2 blows
              [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Oh please, like it's possible NOT to cap blue magic. Firstly, I highly doubt it lasted 5 seconds, as I have never even been stunned by a mob for more then 2 or 3 tops, and secondly, even if it did, one freak occurance does not change the fact that the stun is usually for a half a second, if it's not completely resisted.

Comment

Atma I've had the stun effect last about 3-4 seconds, its rare, but it is a godsend when it does happen.

Most the time, as you say, it happens for about half a second to 1 second, which, In solo at least, is a really good stragity in keeping your enemy form hitting you as often (it also deals damage so its nice)

However, I've subbed it to my rdm and tried it on crabs in Kuftal tunnel to no luck, it does knockback, but does not interupt spells when it does (just a graphic effect on the mobs) and rarely stuns for less than a milisecond when it does.

I think this is the reason why blue mage gets multiple stun skills up the Tiers of the jobs, as opposed to just one that seems to stack up.

I will have to wait till later levels to test this personally.

But I am still having a blast, All level 16 spells learned + Bludgeon, off to get blast bomb and Cursed Sphere now.

Btw... where IS a good place to learn Blastbomb?

Art done by Fred Perry.

Comment

Ghelsba is pretty much it for learning Blastbomb.
                    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

There are some higher level Warmachines in Fort Ghelsba. Just check in caves for Orcish Warmachines. If you're REALLY slow...there's a few rare ones that spawn in Davoi.

Head Butt has had a 100% stun rate for me, when the ability didn't miss/fully resisted/whatever. Whenever head butt connected, I always saw the "no longer is stunned" message.
                      All spells obtained!
                      Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

so head butt stuns I see... I just got my first PT as 17Pld and was having quite a hard time timing the mob's swing because all those head butts >.>
                        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Hmmm so do you need to get it if it sucks so bad and whats the DMG on it?
                          I Can And I Will MPK You!

Comment

Its definatly worth getting, it can interrupt, and stops bombs, its a must. The dmg aint bad either, about 50-60% of the dmg of bludgeon when all hits connect, (at lvl 35 my bludgeon can do 120ish on an IT, while headbutt does around 50-70ish, it varies with the mobs
                            Only Pure Souls Can Resist The Stain Of Blood.

~Yokho~
                            63mnk /63Blu/ ~61 Smn~ /54pld /52rng/46drk/43nin34war/35thf/29whm/18rdm/15drg
                            Former beta tester (Yoko)(drk43/mnk36/sam20/war15)

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Hmmm ok well thankyou lol i have died like 5 times and spent 2 days of it and im still not having to much luck lol
                              I Can And I Will MPK You!

Comment

Has anyone tried any of the other stun moves like Jettatura(sp)? I know there are like 5 other stuns so maybe some of them are more effective.
                                Allakhazam free since May 3rd, 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X