This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hidden feature: BLU Job traits!

Demon Killer and Dragon Killer might be possible if it is Class Attack type magic (like Wild Oats and Sprout Smack are both Offensive abilities).

If however they must be physical attacks...then no as each only has 1 physical attack:

Imps
    Dragons
    All spells obtained!
    Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

The problem is that while there are multiple learnable Vermin, Beast, etc. attacks, there is only, to my knowledge so far, 1 demon learnable and 0 dragon learnable abilities.

Comment

Radiant Breath is learned from Wyverns. Don't know of a second one. There aren't many types of dragons.

Eyes On Me, Frightful Roar, and Hecatomb Wave all come from Demon type mobs.

Double Post Edited:
        Oh, but they have to be physical? Yeah, impossible then.
        Last edited by Taskmage; 04-24-2006, 04:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Wonder if any of the big ones from the HNM's are learnable? Spike Flail for the win? I know 10,000 needles isn't.
          I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

None of the HNM-specific abilities are learnable at this time - there's a complete list floating around someplace. I thought the most interesting ones offensively were Jettatura (Terror), 1000 Needles, and Self-Destruct.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage
              Radiant Breath is learned from Wyverns. Don't know of a second one. There aren't many types of dragons.

Eyes On Me, Frightful Roar, and Hecatomb Wave all come from Demon type mobs.

Double Post Edited:
              Oh, but they have to be physical? Yeah, impossible then.
              It's not been determined if they need to be physical or not.

Body Slam is learned from Dragon type monsters (Shadow Dragon/Ash Dragon)

HNM (Faffy, Adamantoise, Behemoth) do not have moves because you cannot simply find them enough. Unless you do a BC99-a-thon...the chances of you getting the pull, seeing the move you want, and it dying are all very low.
              All spells obtained!

Comment

Not to mention that according to current theory, you would have to stay alive from the time it used to move to the time it died.
                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Well, given how long the fights are, the chance of seeing the move is practically 100%. The chance of learning it wouldn't be any worse than the drop rate of any particular abjuration... or the Black Belt pieces. And both of those have to outclaim a dozen other LSes too.

I'm kinda surprised they *didn't* have them as exactly that kind of "prestige" accomplishment (and because boss-only blue magics are practically a tradition). But maybe they're being added in a couple months.

You probably couldn't learn them from the KS99s - they have the "no experience" flag. The Adamantoise one could be learned from Genbu, though, and the Wyrm one from any of the CoP wyrms in addition to Faf/Nid.

Meteor would probably have even higher MP cost and casting time than 1000 needles, making it almost totally impractical, but who wouldn't love to have it anyway?

If nothing else, it could lead to enough public pressure to finally get SE to reform the pop system for those mobs. It's stayed the same while the population of 70+ players increased 100-fold.
                  Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                  RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                  All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Originally posted by Karinya
                    Well, given how long the fights are, the chance of seeing the move is practically 100%. The chance of learning it wouldn't be any worse than the drop rate of any particular abjuration... or the Black Belt pieces. And both of those have to outclaim a dozen other LSes too.

I'm kinda surprised they *didn't* have them as exactly that kind of "prestige" accomplishment (and because boss-only blue magics are practically a tradition). But maybe they're being added in a couple months.

You probably couldn't learn them from the KS99s - they have the "no experience" flag. The Adamantoise one could be learned from Genbu, though, and the Wyrm one from any of the CoP wyrms in addition to Faf/Nid.

Meteor would probably have even higher MP cost and casting time than 1000 needles, making it almost totally impractical, but who wouldn't love to have it anyway?

If nothing else, it could lead to enough public pressure to finally get SE to reform the pop system for those mobs. It's stayed the same while the population of 70+ players increased 100-fold.
                    Think about it. Most of the time, the three kings on servers are dominated by paticular LSes. Not only do they want the items now, but then they'd also wanna make sure all their BLU get the move. Likewise, you'll hafta pay upwards of 30m gil to get into the party and having a "chance" of learning it. Even if it uses the move 3 times, you still might not learn it.

Another reason is the sheer power of the moves they possess. Thunderbolt, Spike Flail, ??? Wing, Turtle Stomp, and of course many others. Most of those moves would devestating if someone had them. Could you imagine going to top of Boyahd tree, pulling everything with a BRD, then having 5 BLUs all use Spike Flail?

I'm thankfully glad that none of the three kings have BLU magic attunded to them. It'd make the BLU job that much harder. Could you imagine seeing "Need Spike Flail" or "Meteor ONLY/ONRY"?
                    All spells obtained!

Comment

Updated with info:
                      Clear mind 2: Soporific + Poison Breath + Venom shell + Awful Eye
                      I believe most sigs are like the people they represent - useless, loud and obnoxious.

Comment

how do you tell its clear mind II? i mean, it doesnt add it twice in the job traits list right?
                        Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                        ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Ctrl+H is a wonderful way of testing clear mind.
                          I believe most sigs are like the people they represent - useless, loud and obnoxious.

Comment

Originally posted by Omni-Ragnarok
                            how do you tell its clear mind II? i mean, it doesnt add it twice in the job traits list right?
                            well i would think if there are 2 sets of skills that do clear mind that would = clear mind 2
                            TERA - Dark.Anubis 70 High Elf Preist - RETIRED
                            WOW Ihornedyourmom 85 Tauren Paladin - RETIRED
                            FFXIV - Sergei Volkov - RETIRED
                            FFXI - Massaranger, Daytimes and Sunghee - RETIRED

Comment

Originally posted by massaranger
                              well i would think if there are 2 sets of skills that do clear mind that would = clear mind 2
                              you can tell which clear mind is in effect by how much you get back on the first rest heal tick. No clear mind present and on the first rest heal tick you'll recover 10 mp, clear mind 1 you'll recover 15mp on first tick, clear mind 2 (mind getting fuzzy not much of a mage) I think it gives back 18mp, clear mind 3 is 21mp(?), and so on...

But only measure to what the first rest tick gives because rest ticks increase from the previous by 1 point per tick. So if you start of with 10 mp rest tick on the 11th rest tick (uninterrupted) you'll get 21mp, but with clear mind 3 on the first rest tick you get 21mp and 11 ticks later it would be 32mp.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Guys, Mystery Tour has a running list of the known Spell Combinations, Clear Mind II is listed even, wow. :D

http://mysterytour.web.infoseek.co.j...9blu-combo.htm

Go go mysterytour, get your Blue Magic fix!

Avatar picture obtained from NamcoXCapcom Subarashiki Shin Sekai Community http://www.livejournal.com/community/namcoxcapcom/

Comment

Working...
                                X