This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blue mage or beastmaster

i think bluemage is just like beeast master but without the treats and charm and the scaredness of dieing from ur pet killing them
    i still get on here....even though it might not happen often i do!

Re: blue mage or beastmaster

So Blue Mages can charm pets, wear heavy armor and wield axes in your world?

Comment

yeah.. in "his world"
      CHECK MY JOURNAL!

Comment

Correct me if i'm mistaken but Blue mages closest job have to be Red Mage except that you probably gain you new spells/abilities in a slightly different manner.

And we still do not know wherther they are magic or abilities or if they cost mp and so on so it's hard to make any asumptions.

Comment

hummmm i need to check wat blu mage is if im rite it has monsters abilitys and beastmaster is that but with extra attack from monster am i rite
          i still get on here....even though it might not happen often i do!

Comment

I see what you're saying. A Blue Mage gets to keep every ability he's learned. A BST can use his current pet's skills, but they're chosen randomly. The style of play is totally different though...

Comment

In my opinion, I doubt they would release a brand new job that plays exactly like an old one. That would mean a lot of pissed off players and I don't think that is SE's intentions.
              You kill one man, your a murderer
              Kill many and your a conquerer
              Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

In all likelihood the Blue Mage will probably play somewhere between a Red Mage and a Dark Knight, but this is of course merely speculation.

Historically, however, Blue Mages were very similar to Red Mages, just with a different type of magic.
                RDM 75 - SMN 72 - WHM 37 - BLM 37 - DRK 37 -
                Bastok Rank 10 Completed
                Rise of the Zilart 16 "The Celestial Nexus"
                Chains of Promathia 8 - 1 "Garden of Antiquity"
                Treasures of Aht Urghan 13 "Lost Kingdom"

Comment

This r saddest.
                  signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Blu will be like a Khimari Lancet type of job. Gain theyre abbilities and use them to mess them up. Willl they erase or add up after each fight? Or maybe even Chain abbilities like a rdm chain. I Dunno. I like the curved daggers they will use tho. and arabian af looks damn riht sweet. ((BLU LFG Please invite me)) Pretty scary huh?
                    Tortura 67 Whm - Elizabeth 34 Thf - Foolycooly 42 Drk - Zanoletti 50 whm.

Comment

Just as Teasures of Aht Urhgan's website states about Blue Mage:

Employing the legendary arts of Aht Urhgan, these formidable fighter-mages employ elegantly curved blades for close combat, while decimating their enemies from afar with fell magic mastered from their opponents.
                      It's already stating it's a magic they use not an ability for doing the enemies attacks, so it will be MP that is used of course. Not really magic if you are not using a Mana Pool.

I agree from SE's view the Blue Mage looks like an attempt of something between RDM and DRK in function.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

ninjutsu is a type of magic, but doesn't use mp.

bard songs are a tyype of magic but don't use mp (they trigger they wyvern hb)

it's possible these abillities will require something other than an mp bar to use. i'm not saying they will, i'm just saying se could use something other than an mp bar for them.

after all, these are tp moves when the mobs use them, am i wrong?

Originally posted by DrivenTooFar
                        In my opinion, I doubt they would release a brand new job that plays exactly like an old one. That would mean a lot of pissed off players and I don't think that is SE's intentions.
                        and since when has se cared whenther their paying customers got pissed off?

check out every update theyve made in the past 6 months...

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
                        Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
                        I live to entertain!

Comment

Originally posted by aegina
                          ninjutsu is a type of magic, but doesn't use mp.

bard songs are a tyype of magic but don't use mp (they trigger they wyvern hb)

it's possible these abillities will require something other than an mp bar to use. i'm not saying they will, i'm just saying se could use something other than an mp bar for them.

after all, these are tp moves when the mobs use them, am i wrong?

and since when has se cared whenther their paying customers got pissed off?

check out every update theyve made in the past 6 months...
                          Point is they also don't directly call "Ninjutsu" or "Songs" magic either. They are only classified under magic because of their function and execution is the same as magic and for object oriented program (as well as sanity of the programmers) putting in that same catagory is the most logical, but they do not call those two magic directly.

I wouldn't say that the mobs are restricted to that TP gauge either though, especially when you see mobs use 2 or 3 back to back. That kind of says right off that TP just likely gives the attack bonuses nothing more as far as mobs are conserned.

EDIT:

I still think they will be restricted to MP, SE has implemented every job keeping key functions to them intact and part of Blue Mage has been MP.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if the Blue Mage's spells and their damage or effectiveness were affected by TP. So say a Blue Mage at 300% TP uses the spiders web ability then I wouldn't be surprised if the slow effect was stronger then say using it with 10% TP.
                          Last edited by Macht; 12-13-2005, 10:30 AM.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkages
                            i think bluemage is just like beeast master but without the treats and charm and the scaredness of dieing from ur pet killing them
                            a little bit of a ridiculous post.. And there like 999 other threads on the forum randomly guessing about stuff coming.. And the most funny one is some post in this thread starting with "Blue Mage will be..."

Le sigh.
                            http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

Working...
                            X