This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The quest

What do u guys think the quest will be like to unlock Blue mage?

Re: The quest

good question. my guess is something along the lines of that quest is bastok. where you getta get cursed by the agressors? so you must be hit by a certain monster ability while you have a certain key item??

Comment

You'll have to stand in line at the door of that orc hut again.

Comment

LOL That was a fun time. Some of my ls mates came out and we had a little party with apple juice and some orcs XD
        WHM 59 BLM 56 The dream me Ricko, Masamuni and Drakos (yea I know =P)
        Clothcraft 62.0+1 Rank 6 San'doria
        Shadow Banisher, Dead Body, BlueElephantBrigade Member

Comment

Get hit by something and live.
          "I'm up for anything, as long as it doesn't get me killed."

~Lycosius

Comment

Kill this NM in this place to get this item so Joe Schmoe doesn't hafta get it.

It'll involve the new area, new monsters, and probably 10k gil
            All spells obtained!
            Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

i think it will be something like... a NPC will tell u to go visit him at this one point/ area... and when u get there he will tell u to kill things.. (like the dark quest) and when ur done.. a cut secen will take place.. and a monster will get back up and hit u with this move and then the guy will be schocked ur still standing and tell u have potential to be a bluemage... or something.. an will tel u to go speak with a legendary bluemage... and when u find him he will tell u how to use ur new powers.. or something.. =)

Comment

I'm guessing that the expansion will be required to unlock it, as it's described as being Aht Uragan's unique thing when it comes to combat. The comments about managing to survive a certain ability being part of the path seems likely. -- Pteryx

Comment

i think it will be something like... a NPC will tell u to go visit him at this one point/ area... and when u get there he will tell u to kill things.. (like the dark quest) and when ur done.. a cut secen will take place.. and a monster will get back up and hit u with this move and then the guy will be schocked ur still standing and tell u have potential to be a bluemage... or something.. an will tel u to go speak with a legendary bluemage... and when u find him he will tell u how to use ur new powers.. or something.. =)
                  that is a really good idea but minus the 100 kills >< problby you need to get hit by 10 different spells within a certain time period and live, then you get the job
                  "Ill buy that car!" "Sir is not for sale," "Fine then ill buy it for regular price!"

Comment

Dance with monsters without missing an /emote

Comment

Originally posted by Knight of Death
                      that is a really good idea but minus the 100 kills >< problby you need to get hit by 10 different spells within a certain time period and live, then you get the job
                      Maybe more like get hit by 10 special mob attacks...

Hmm... which scares me to think what kinda mob attack you gotta survive. I have a feeling a Paladin might be the best job to get it.
                      I am your resident noob. Fear my stupidity!

Comment

Yea problby just sit there with 10 diff mobs and let them hit you xD
                        "Ill buy that car!" "Sir is not for sale," "Fine then ill buy it for regular price!"

Comment

Odds are, you'll have to do more than just stand there. The attacks against you will most likely be TP abilities. So you'll actually have to tank it and do enough damage to build TP to learn the ability. But that sounds like a ton of work. I dunno if I'll unlock it right away, unless the quest is really sweet.
                          Odude
                          PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                          RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                          SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

i think it would b like u have to kill like 3 nms but they have to use atleast 2 ws on u and live tho both of them
                            i still get on here....even though it might not happen often i do!

Comment

there will be 2 level 60 nms that you must kill, funny considering you only have to be 30 to unlock it >.>

oh wait that was sam

you must get a key item after killing 3 level 55 nms at one time

oh wait that was nin

nah, what really must happen:

you must fight 10 level 70 nms at one time and some or many of them have SAM subjob (you're gonna get WSed to death). you must get hit or Observe 10 different Enemy skills no more than one per nm counts and you must kill them and they might drop an item, all rare ex. each one only drops 1 type of item but they don't always drop the item so if you don't get all 10 on the first run, you've gotta do it again. again you get this quest at 30+. only 5 skills out of 20 (2 per nm) are not Direct Damage so either you or a friend has to get hit and they must be in your foward arc to "observe"

after you turn in your 10 items (one at a time like subjob quest, rarest item first working backwards) and telling npc of the skill you "observed" from the nm of that item. you now unlock the BLU Advanced Job and he gives you a lvl 80 BLU rare/ex item that is very awesome that cannot be ever put in storage EDIT: NPC storage. but before you can go the NPC wipes your mind clear of those enemy skills you observed. They are raising the cap to 80 w/ the expansion.

NPC: hehe, have fun! ^_^

oh, and of course that will be the only time "observing" them will matter one bit since you can't ever learn their awesome skills. and you thought the line at Orc hut was bad

item 1: almost always drops, 99% since rare/ex you don't have to worry about passing if everyone's got one.
                              item 2: drops 50%
                              item 3: drops 33%
                              item 4: drops 25%
                              item 5: will only drop if there's a pld in pt/alliance & 20%
                              item 6: will not drop if there's a blm in pt/alliance & 20%
                              item 7: will not drop if there's a brd or rdm in pt/alliance & 20%
                              item 8: will only drop if there's a rdm or brd in pt/alliance & 20%
                              item 9: drops 5% if BLU in pt/alliance drops 10%
                              item 10: if no mage is in the pt/allince (whm/rdm/blm/blu/smn) including /subs drops 10% otherwise drops 1% pld/drk/brd/nin allowed for higher drop rate.

yes, you read right, it is impossible to get it all in 1 trip ; ;

these nms have no other drops, not even gil, nothing to steal.

oh one NM is a blm and he's considerably higher level than the others, casts Ultima, the Ultimate AoE spell, had a 30 sec cast time, and the nm has insane wind defense. Ultima has the AoE effect of the full BCNM area you zone to. If he casts it, hope beyond hope he's the last (or you killed him first) and you have a few whms w/ RR (or Reraise Scroll yourself). it does 9999 damage to all enemies within AoE, nonelemental, bypasses all defenses. shell, insane int, magic defense XXX, nothing helps. Since there's no hope to survive, you might as well kick back and enjoy the 45sec Cutscene this provides. yes this does count against your 30min timer.

by the time he starts casting it, you do have time to run to the zone, but like all other BCNMs, if you get hit while trying to exit, it'll say "Event Skipped" and you are SOL. This portion of the Quest can only be attempted once a VanaDiel month and not allow anyone who participated to enter within that timeframe (like Dynamis). If you exit the area, you forfit as well. If you believed anything from this post, just to let you know, it is a joke. I can only conjecture about it as much as you can. I was just posting something SE could do. Have a great day. Even though the quest is Difficult it gives bragging rights to every BLU like every SMN who is level 1 w/ Fenrir. But blu is such an awesome job that getting it at all costs and waiting in line for days (hey by the time you get back to the front of the line your time limit is passed). Anyways such a fun quest and awesome Cut Scene makes it worth it, even if you have to die to see THAT Cutscene, but if you're gonna die, that's the best way to go ^^

Good Luck getting Blue Mage! Bwahahahaha!!!
                              Last edited by Enialas; 11-12-2005, 09:31 AM.
                              Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
                              G1 (X) 2(X) 3(X) 4(X) 5(Test aquired)
                              San Doria Rank 6
                              ZM5, PM2-5, ToAU 1-1

Which FF Character Are You?

a male version anyways >.> ... ~.^

#2 Vivi #3 Kuja

Comment

Working...
                              X