lv63 Dead end..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lv63 Dead end..

So I hit level with my highest job with BLM.. (WHM 63.. BLM63)
    and now there is a dead end.. I have not had an invite in 4 days.. why do people not like BLM's at this level? i can do 500+ in one spell not MBd =/

don't say "make your own party" i was doing quests and stuff while seeking
    Crank dat Soulja boy..

Re: lv63 Dead end..

It only gets worse, my friend. Due to the new update, TP burn parties reign supreme, making the need for black mages go into nothing.

I make my own parties nowadays. Theres the occasional situation where I'll get picked up. If you plan on leveling your blm anymore, take initative: solo xp, make your xp party, and duo with a 75 blm once you hit 69 or so. Otherwise, you will take at least half a year waiting for parties. Levels 65-75 are affected most by this, and you aren't even seeing the beginning of it.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

there are mobs out there that make good manaburn targets. elementals, slimes, clots. 4 blm, rdm, and brd is all you need. starting at 69, move into KRT for undead.
      Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
      Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

Manaburn or bust. Square-Enix's recent changes and the release of ToAU have forced BLM almost exclusively into manaburn parties after level 62 since TP-burn parties are simply more efficient and easier to build.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
          Manaburn or bust. Square-Enix's recent changes and the release of ToAU have forced BLM almost exclusively into manaburn parties after level 62 since TP-burn parties are simply more efficient and easier to build.
          Icemage
          This trend has always kind of bummed me out as RDM since I've gotten to the higher levels. Honestly, I really prefer a standard party setup to burns. I have a lot more fun in normal setups, but... got to take what you can get, I suppose.
          RDM 75 - SMN 72 - WHM 37 - BLM 37 - DRK 37 -
          Bastok Rank 10 Completed
          Rise of the Zilart 16 "The Celestial Nexus"
          Chains of Promathia 8 - 1 "Garden of Antiquity"
          Treasures of Aht Urghan 13 "Lost Kingdom"

Comment

I, too, had quite a hard time levelling my BLM up post 60 in ToA area. It gets better when you're closer to 70 tho, I got invited into manaburns more and more often the higher I got.

75, meh, it's been exclusively mana burning. Mana burn is easy, however... whether easy is good or bad to you.
            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Well meleeburns are easy too, and that's basically what 90% of merit parties are at 75. But basically, get used to manaburns. It may sound bad, but they're actually really fun from what I hear. By friend plays his BRD exclusively in a manaburn static he's in, and he loves how manaburn parties work overall that he never accepts invites to meleeburns. He's only 71 now, but he says he'll probably stick with his static even after he hits 75 for merits.
              Cleverness - Hades
              75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
              DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

I am in the same boat as you - my static dried up when I hit 63 (I had to take some time of because of real life, and I didn't want to hold the others back), so I was basically left on my own. This was two weeks ago, and I have gone from about 6k into 63 to 12k into 66 purely from soloing - and I discovered I actually quite like it! And it was not all at once either.

I can go at my own pace. Only got 2 hours to spare? Well thats at least 5k xp then. Snap to it! I get all the seals that drop. I rarely get disturbed. I have a duo partner set up when I hit 69/70, and there are enough blm in the ls that we can manaburn when I get high enough. It is hard work, but I find it incredibly rewarding.

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Maybe I'm alone, but I've had no problem finding XP parties at my level. One of the main reasons? People like Caedarva Mire, and when they can't TP b/c of imps, who's going to kill the mobs? I've had great success on Ramuh, getting to 73 in a matter of weeks. Sure, there are TP burns, but there are plenty of manaburns, too. Mainly, though, it's mixed for me.

Here's a little secret: This is a game of reputation. Knowing that, I pick one person (the best dressed, the best at their job, the nicest) and strike up a conversation during the party. Since I'm a good player, seeing my name so often reminds them to associate that with me. And i get a lot of call-backs on that basis. One of them even joined my LS. So, before you get too upset about the lack of parties, try networking. It really does do wonders. I get parties within minutes (at most, half hours) of signing on every day.
                  BLM75 RNG65 BRD50 NIN37 RDM37 WHM25 WAR25 BST21 THF7
                  Cooking83
                  Elemental Magic Skill Merits 1/5

Thanks to Kazuki for the awesome sig!

Comment

Next time you pass up a mid level BLM or THF, think about it next time you bitch about the lack of them in end game.

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                      Next time you pass up a mid level BLM or THF, think about it next time you bitch about the lack of them in end game.
                      I never pass up thieves. When used correctly, they do amazing damage. The only time I tried to avoid them is when I was levelling Bard, since so few thieves know where to stand to receive the proper songs.

BLMs, on the other hand, are simply screwed in the 62-75 range now. ToAU zones offer the best XP rates, and nearly all are allergic to BLMs in XP parties, aside from manaburning. No amount of good play or tactics will make them "fit" well into a TP-burn party, and TP-burn is the optimal setup in most of those locations.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                        {That's interesting}

Whevenever I make my own party, a thief is almost top on my priority list. Having a good thief means the tank is going to hold hate even better, plus they deal nice damage too.
                        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I haven't played in the ToAU areas much, but I do know that one party I was in, we were doing Marids, and the BLM would nuke one-shot the Chigoes that popped, thus ensuring that we could get chain 4/5 on single Marids. It was 650-750 exp per chain (ok not exceptional exp, but I rate it as pretty damn good) there wasn't much downtime, plus we never ran out of Marids due to the low actual kill-time of each one. We were also a normal party set-up (PLD, DRK, RNG, BLM, RDM, WHM)
                          Quotes

Comment

It just takes perseverance. If you can find a blm friend the same level the pair of you can duo quite happily and get good xp. I actually got a party last night, and frankly it sucked. I was kinda happier going solo...

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                            "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Y'see the problem on my server when finding a manaburn at my level is.. (anyone on Unicorn should agree) the RMT taru's.. We had an influx of RMT BLM taru's and when you make a manaburn these are the guys you don't want and well they are usually the only BLMs online.

The reputation thing makes sense. I get tired of seeing BLMs at my level (BLM65) wearing seer's stuff when fighting. I got the best gear I can at this level and actually read up on BLM like: I really didn't understand the elemental enfeebs so i came on here and asked around.. and now i do great on them now i know the order they can be used. But then i see a BLM in this party i was in the other day (2xBLM) she opened up with BlizzardIII and took hate.

I think along with the new areas BLMs get given a bad name because its one of those jobs that noobs ride through if that makes sense?

Rank 7, good gear and technique.. someone pick me up for a static please lol

actually, if you are on Unicorn looking to start a static.. /tell Priet
                              i would be interested.. it's ok if you're at lv1 BLM because i'll still be seeking when you hit 65 lol
                              Crank dat Soulja boy..

Comment

Working...
                              X