This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Math Game... Max obtainable MAB.

Okay lets see how much MAB+(% of damage added) we can add.

Thundaga III will be the spell based on this topic. (Not sure on some MAB rating on some crap ;x)

Magic Burst
    Weather, Double Thunder
    Thundersday
    Thunder Staff(+10 MAB)
    *something* Obi(+10 MAB)
    AF2 Slops(+5 MAB)
    AF2 gloves(+10 MAB)
    Full Merits(+10 MAB)
    Uggalp. Pendant(+10 MAB) (Below 50% MP and full tonberry hate)
    Republican Circlet(+5 MAB)

Okay there is obviously more to be said ;o.

Re: Math Game... Max obtainable MAB.

o goodness i'm a newb.. whats MAB?
    (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
    sigpic

Comment

"Magic attack bonus"

Comment

Its also known as a map if youre drunk.

Windurst Rank 10. ZM14. CoP M5-2.
        RDM->62 (AF Completed), MNK->62 (AF Completed).

Comment

Don't wanna look through info to make sure everything is right, but I can tell you right now that Jupiter's Staff > Thunder Staff and it's not +10 exact, only +10%. So... Jupiter's is +15%~
          Sony NW-E507 [wishlist]

Comment

There's also the the sorcerer's ring i think the name is anyway it's +10 but latent effect, hp is gotta be inyellow

Comment

If the goal is to do max damage, obi is not the way to go.
              You need to equip penitent's rope and be lucky enough for the 3 effects (2 weather icons + day) to kick in.

Once again, tonberry hate has NOTHING to do with uggalepih pendant mab ;p

Comment

Actually, of the items listed, Raiton Obi will produce the largest damage base damage boost of all under the correct conditions (Double Lightning weather + Lightningsday): +30%. Note that it does not stack with day/weather bonus, it simply makes those bonuses *consistent*.

I own a Suiton Obi (water), and it produces a tested 30% water spell damage boost under Squall weather on Watersday (Yuhtunga/Yhoator Jungle).

Icemage

Comment

Then what DOES affect uggalepih pendant mab? out of curiosity...
                  Typho - Elvaan - San d'Oria - Rank 10 - Titan

THF - 75 | RNG - 55 | NIN - 38 | WAR - 27 | WHM - 20 | SAM - 16 | MNK - 14 | BLM - 10

Comment

The obis don't provide *directly* MAB by themselves, day & weather do, and the obis are just the way for this MAB to kick in everytime. That's why they obviously are the best waist gear (DOT wise). But once again, if you're looking for max damage on one cast, then luck + penitent rope will provide that.

For Uggalepih pendant, the MAB is +8 (always). It has been tested several times (before and after resetting hate). This information can be found on allak/KI blm forums.
                    Last edited by Witty; 07-10-2005, 07:14 AM.

Comment

The obvious thing you're leaving out (equip-wise) is Moldavite Earring.

But there's a few things I don't know about the mechanics of MAB:

Do staffs, day and weather count as MAB, or a separate multiplier that works independently of "real" MAB?

Is the magic burst damage bonus MAB or something else?

What is the numeric value of the MAB job traits?

Does MAB affect "magic" weaponskills (Gust Slash, Red Lotus Blade, Shadow of Death, Earth Crusher, etc.)? Do staffs, day and weather affect these?
                      Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                      RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                      All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Made the post really late ;p (I want the forum gilz...) sorry if I forget stuff.

Comment

LOL u all noobs loloolollolololoolololoolol

2324 MB IT Aura Statue SKY

Comment

don't forget this little beauty:

Spirit Lantern

I've done several non-scientific/thorough tests and am pretty sure somepage is accurate with the +10 m.a.b. It's fairly easy to get, just keep doing the solo ENM every week and it'll eventually drop. ~.^

Also, if you're going max mab, don't forget HQ weskit. ;x
                            75 bst 75 blm
                            100.0 Bonecraft || 60.0 Leathercraft || 60.0 Alchemy

Comment

Working...
                            X