X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blm/Nin @.@

lol.

Well, incase you didnt need to sub whm... would it be good as a blm/nin ?

Holding 2 int boosting weapons, having decent nin enfeebles, and dodging that huge hate from ancient MBs... i dunno, it just ocurred to me x.x maybe /whm gives you more int i dunno, i never played nin.

O well, am i crazeh
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

No. You lose all ability to heal and buffing spells such as Stoneskin which are vital, not to mention an MP dip and INT loss. Lv51+ you'll be using the corresponding elemental staves anyway, so dual wielding INT wands is pretty pointless. Only place to use /nin is vs Dynamis Lord.
    All HQ elemental staves
    Republic circlet obtained w00t.
    Tiamat trouncer : O
    World Serpent Slayer : O
    Vrtra Vanquisher : O

Comment

This combination can be quite useful for uncapped Ballista matches. Any player who can use Utsusemi: Ni wisely is virtually untouchable, especially in a Ballista with a small number of combatants.

Any other time...meh...BLM/WHM is king.

And elemental staves > INT boosting weapons.
      All Nations: Rank 10
      Rise of the Zilart: Complete
      Chains of Promathia: Complete
      75 BRD/75 WHM/75 BLM/75 MNK/75 RDM/57 DRK/40 THF/39 WAR/37 NIN & SMN/All the rest < 37

What to level next? (DRK!)

Comment

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/sho...4&pagenumber=1

Starting from PG2+, aKreuz, some other people and I stated the pros and cons of BLM/NIN. Go check it out. ^^
        Sony NW-E507 [wishlist]

Comment

and here i was thinking i was gonna get skinned and burned alive o.o

i kinda forgot the mp cut, i can count by the fingers how many times i died with uber MB damage, so i thought of nin but now i dont think its worth it ^^, with a good party the hate wont kill me i guess

Comment

i kinda forgot the mp cut, i can count by the fingers how many times i died with uber MB damage
            Sounds like you're either overnuking, you're not buffing yourself, you've been PTing with crappy tanks, or maybe some combination of the three.

Blink(+Stoneskin later on) really should be enough to keep you safe while the tank draws hate back away from you.
            75 BRD/75 WHM/75 BLM/75 MNK/75 RDM/57 DRK/40 THF/39 WAR/37 NIN & SMN/All the rest < 37

Comment

Blink is pretty useless in Ballista. Every battle is started with sleepga anyway. I even seen RNG's sub WHM so they can start with Banishga.

Comment

Blink is pretty useless in Ballista.
                If I may, I beg to differ. The simple Blink spell has saved my butt many times in Ballista. Utsusemi in the right hands is a deadly tool.

Shadows get wiped? Recast. Simple as that.

Comment

I wouldnt call /WHM 'king'. /RDM imo is better for the damage-dealing BLM, while /WHM does gives us a few more options on healing(which I never want to do outside the basic Cure III) and teleports.

Comment

agreed, i tried /rdm and loved it o.o i do more damage... +2 int or something

Comment

Re: Blm/Nin @.@

I would say to sub either /rdm (for int boost) or /whm (if you need status removal). But if you are doing Dynamis then the fact is blm/nin > *

Basically if you are going to be doing any kind of heavy croud control (i.e. sleepga maximus) then /nin is better.

"ave Promathia morituri te salutant"
                      - Krynn (2/26/996)

Comment

yea that seems reasonable, i suppose i'll go lvl nin now that i plan on joining dynamis, i'm 73, nearing 74.. must start thinking about these things

Comment

I've partied with someone who was BLM/NIN before. They Dual Wielded Rose Wands for a +16 INT boost. There's nothing wrong with trying out new combinations, sometimes they work. Strangest I've had that worked was a Japanese PLD/BLM I partied with. He didn't have any problems with hate at all.

Comment

wen ever i solo with my blm, i always use a nin sub, bcuz i like to duel weild swords/daggers, that and the utsumie for a soloing mage is a mages fream com true

Comment

wow i really wanna go level nin now! I totally hate melee but if I could solo more efficiently that would be so kewl!

Comment

Working...
                              X