This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most powerful BLK?

My brother wants to be a Taru BLK, and we were trying to figure out which sub job would be the best? I think it would be SMN because of the MP increase and the SMN INT boost... WHat do you think? What makes the most powerful nuker?

There is a thread EXACTLY like this... it's right below.

If you think /SMN is better, fine, whatever, but why do you have to spam with questions?

In all due respect people like you are terribly lost because you all think about combos you'll use later on, but neglect your first jobs.

I'd rather be a BLM/WHM or BLM/RDM and be versitile, than BLM/SMN and never touch summons... and try to only nuke. If you plan on only nuking and nuking a lot... I can already see you dying a lot (in the future when you can even accquite such a combo... in the meantime being a pure BLM you'll suck.)
    FFXI

Comment

I don't see how:

between those two, blm/whm is better. summoner is never good as a sub.
      and
      I agree with Aimes. If you do a Summoner, most people do a Summoner/White Mage. Summoner should never be a sub job.
      Answer what will make the most powerful BLK at high levels. He is already planning on being a BLK/WHT FIRST so I didn't need to ask I was just wondering if ultimatly as a sub job it would help him kick the crap out of more people as he became more specialized... Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Sirius Black
        Answer what will make the most powerful BLK at high levels. He is already planning on being a BLK/WHT FIRST so I didn't need to ask I was just wondering if ultimatly as a sub job it would help him kick the crap out of more people as he became more specialized... Sorry
        The most powerful BLM would depend on so many factors... strictly relating to "power." You obviously need lots of INT, plus +INT equipment, and lots and lots of MP to dish out Ancient Magic.

I don't see BLM/SMN being any bit useful if what you want to do is attack. You and your friends won't ALWAYS be together, and even if you are it's best to do more things than focus on one. BLM's are usually thought of as backup healers as well as nukers. Why not use the time between your nukes to heal than have extra MP and never use it? Not to mention a /SMN is quite hard to even manage because unless you have atleast most of the summons, it's only an MP boost. I don't see how you could be a lvl 70 BLM and lvl 35 SMN if you hardly have any summons. :sweat:

(Remember you're focusing on the MP gain, not how good or plentiful your summons are... so I take it you'll complete the job for the sake of MP and INT ONLY. It'll be quite hard to make it to 35 with just Carbuncle... and while you're waiting you could just live on as BLM/WHM and you'll see how much better it is.)
        FFXI

Comment

Ahhhh

Ok, now I understand thanks you very much. He was planing on changing to a BLK/WHT at an 18 and then taking that to a 30 and getting SMN. Thanks for the info though, you are more helpful than most the people I've talked to about this game.....when you want to be. Seriously though thanks for your time it is much appriciated and sorry if I seem like a spaming dick (I'm just excited and curious) thanks though. With that plan though he would already have a WHT lv to a 15+ so once he hit 30+ would it really be that bad to try SMN then he could switch between super nuker and panda mage? Thanks

Comment

Re: Ahhhh

Originally posted by Sirius Black
            Ok, now I understand thanks you very much. He was planing on changing to a BLK/WHT at an 18 and then taking that to a 30 and getting SMN. Thanks for the info though, you are more helpful than most the people I've talked to about this game.....when you want to be. Seriously though thanks for your time it is much appriciated and sorry if I seem like a spaming dick (I'm just excited and curious) thanks though. With that plan though he would already have a WHT lv to a 15+ so once he hit 30+ would it really be that bad to try SMN then he could switch between super nuker and panda mage? Thanks
            He's going to have to try the "panda mage" combo for a lot longer than just lvl 30.

You CAN opt to be a SMN at lvl 30, but you won't ever be able to fight all the SMNs till you've arranged parties of lvl 60+. Those beasts are incredibly strong, and many die on those trips. Therefore your friend can practically consider himself a BLM/WHM and whenever he does accquire enough SMNs to be of use, he can try that job. I won't say to ignore /SMN, but it's going to be a while till you can face Titan, Shiva, Ifrit, etc with your magic. :sweat:

Switching from panda mage to BLM/SMN in certain situations works great, especially if you know what you're up against and whether or not you need extra MP/summon abilities. I don't expect him to ignore summons... because if he did it'd be a waste of hundreds of hours just for extra MP.
            FFXI

Comment

BLM/WHM is the best because if a blm cant heal it kinda sucks

Comment

Um...then why be a blkmage...a blkmages job is not to hea my friend...and for 2 there is no BEST blkmage cuz in every area u look at it u will see theres a downside to it all.
                White mage: less mp...healing magic
                Summoner: More magic +summonings+Autorefresh(ithink) but thats it no skils bosted nothing all raw mp....maybe u might get a little more heaftier at hitting but that's it!
                a tank: u won't get much...a little stronger and some crappy abilities to use i meaaaan cuz ur a blkmage.!
                I personally plan to keep my blkmage as a sub cuz it's not all that WOrthy to be a blkmage at all... specially cuz they are missing the Dark attacks...such as ultima...and they nee more Dark attacks then just ultima such as Myst (got from another square game* but it makes it harder to find u...I mean they always added ultima and they forgot X-zone i think. That basically should be an instant kil move with a high cost and low accuracy....but as i said they arenot here so its not worth the time...and there is no BEST blkmage...u can be the best blkmage if u try! n_n
                If ur a lone taru who is seeking to...
                fight for the city of Windurst.....
                You could just join my linkshell! Machi no Taru's (or however i change the name lol!)
                This offer is only limited to every race that lives in windurst...cept Elvaan's

I'm also in TWDM see Daxswells for that!

Comment

Re: Most powerful BLK?

I think you should be a black or white mage. that way yuouy can heal or use your magic on your enimies.

Comment

dude, why did you bump a 2 year old thread??? the original posters are 1) long gone already or 2) way past this stage.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

hehe

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

ok.. most powerful high level blm is me..

BLM/RDM you get...

INT (more dmg)
                        MP (more mp)
                        CURE (heal people and yourself)
                        Fast Cast (be able to solo alot better)
                        Gravity (be able to solo alot better)
                        Dispel (fun to use)
                        Phalanax (be able to solo alot better)
                        Parry (be able to solo alot better)

You lose....

/whm
                        -na spells (who gives a crap)
                        erase (this one hurts a tiny tiny bit)
                        Divine seal (screw this lol)

Ok now if you dont belive me w/e you suck I am 75BLM/37RDM i have solo'd....

NM Aquarias
                        IT Taz. Ram in Lufiase Meadows
                        IT King Buff. in Ule. Range
                        IT Elemental in sky
                        (working on KS30 Scorps)

Highest MB on Aura Statue 2324

blah blah boooooooooooooooooyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
                        Last edited by nugzkraka; 09-29-2005, 06:03 AM. Reason: edit the smiley

Comment

WTF is with the bumping of old threads now? It's getting out of hand =\

Also, Divine Seal + Erase is godly in an exp PT.
                          -Baka Inu!
                          Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
                          Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
                          Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
                          Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

Originally posted by nugzkraka
                            HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

ok.. most powerful high level blm is me..

BLM/RDM you get...

INT (more dmg)
                            MP (more mp)
                            CURE (heal people and yourself)
                            Fast Cast (be able to solo alot better)
                            Gravity (be able to solo alot better)
                            Dispel (fun to use)
                            Phalanax (be able to solo alot better)
                            Parry (be able to solo alot better)

You lose....

/whm
                            -na spells (who gives a crap)
                            erase (this one hurts a tiny tiny bit)
                            Divine seal (screw this lol)

Ok now if you dont belive me w/e you suck I am 75BLM/37RDM i have solo'd....

NM Aquarias
                            IT Taz. Ram in Lufiase Meadows
                            IT King Buff. in Ule. Range
                            IT Elemental in sky
                            (working on KS30 Scorps)

Highest MB on Aura Statue 2324

blah blah boooooooooooooooooyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
                            Subbing RDM will give you alot less MP than subbing WHM or SMN. True about the INT boost though.

Comment

Yea, but subbing RDM in an EXP PT just hurts... same with SMN, I'd rather hve my BLM sub WHM for erase =\
                              -Baka Inu!
                              Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
                              Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
                              Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
                              Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

Working...
                              X