Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thinking about PT Bst

I mistakenly said ridill....

So maybe it was temperance and juggernaut? or wrath tabar?

Anyways tigger is 73 with merits. Monster gloves +2 = 75. If funguar can hit 75, so can tigger. If the link would work for me, i would actually tell you which ones but im at work and it won't.

Comment

It has been awhile but I did party with a BST taking down Colibri. We had SAM/THF, BLU/THF (me), PLD/WAR, WHM/BLM, BST/NIN, and MNK/something. About halfway though, we change our strategy to revolve around not having any downtime.

SAM would pull, I would self SC Red Lotus Blade -> SATA Death Scissors on the PLD, then the SAM would use SATA Gecko to make Dark on the BST. The BST would use snarl to his Courier. We did this to give the WHM and PLD a battle to rest for MP so we would have less down time. It worked rather well.
      PSN ID: Kelshan
      Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
      Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
      sigpic

Comment

/old man Foobar the BST strolls in.

You don't want to solo, you say?

You're saying you don't want heaps of loot for yourself? You want to share it with people and remain slightly broke all the time?

You young BSTs today don't know how good you have it. Back in my day, we didn't have Empress bands, higher EP/DC EXP, Level Sync of Field Manuals. We didn't have Keeneared Steffi with a 90 minute duration or DNC subjobs to enfeeble with.

I've only had three Party invites. Three! And I turned down one of them! Ha! Seal-grubbing PTs, they ain't gettin' mine!

Comment

Originally posted by pearlsea View Post
          Jugs spawn a few levels below the master. Monster Gloves adds 2 levels towards the 75 cap. plus theres merits that add 10. So the tiger will spawn at best level 73. Funguar will spawn at a full 75.
          I got this info from Wikipedia so it could be wrong. Jug pets will spawn 0-2 levels below the Bst. Monster Gloves change this to be 0-1 levels below the Bst, and they don't add to the pets level cap.
          "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
            I've only had three Party invites. Three! And I turned down one of them! Ha! Seal-grubbing PTs, they ain't gettin' mine!

I duo'd with a DNC friend of mine on Monday and that was pure awesomeness the other day. Also, Seals {Yes, Please}

Thread Derailer!!! What 30 Cap BCNMs can BST solo? I'm at work and I can't check wikipedia.
            {New Sig in the works}
            -----------------------
            "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
            "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
            Originally posted by Solymir
            What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Looks like Birds of a Feather is the only one with a Bst solo strategy listed.
              "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Lol to omg. I like to solo, but with jobs not typically solo, im all about originality, or straying from the cookies. Regardless of anything I"ve done has been done before, I'm still about the non-normal way of things.

I don't take it for granted, I haven't got the job yet. I know its sweet ass solo loving. I understand it rocks, and its actually efficent. I'm not downing solo bst, rock on guys, I'm just saying... I kinda wanna pt, but with a tigger lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Potemken View Post
                  I kinda wanna pt, but with a tigger lol.
                  ZOMG THERE IS A DISNEY MMO COMING OUT???? {Waits for ShepardG to post}

You'll probably be making alot of your own parties then. Why not find another BST and duo or grab a DNC and let the DNC tank while you and your pet crush the mobs.

Sidenote: Jellies are omgwtfbbqpwn except when they are up against magickx. If they were to ever make a Jelly jug pet, it'd be all over for the world. Yesterday I grabbed a Jelly and 2hr'd in Korroloka Tunnel, fought a T bat trio only to get the jelly aggro from another T bat trio and a T Combat. Jelly fought off all 3 at the same time without hesitation. I tossed in some pet food every chance I could, but the way its defense held up, it really didn't need it.
                  {New Sig in the works}
                  -----------------------
                  "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

"Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with wanting to party on your BST. I have an ls member who partied his Bst all the way to the 50's.

(I picked on him for it, but it's still ok to do, lol) Be ready to build your own parties, though.

Bst is an ok dd, and an excellent puller (let the pet do the pulling )

Just remember to think like a melee dd (^.^)d

I will say, however, that if you don't solo Bst, then you're missing out on a lot of the fun of the job

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
                    Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
                    I live to entertain!

Comment

Originally posted by aegina View Post
                      I will say, however, that if you don't solo Bst, then you're missing out on a lot of the fun of the job
                      You get to enjoy the fine taste and variety of dirt for virtually all the zones of vanadiel.

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                        ZOMG THERE IS A DISNEY MMO COMING OUT???? {Waits for ShepardG to post}
                        LMaO!

I wish I had seen that when it was still fresh. At this point I just look desperate...er

Feba = Iago, Jaffar's Parrot

Comment

Originally posted by pearlsea View Post
                          You get to enjoy the fine taste and variety of dirt for virtually all the zones of vanadiel.
                          Sometimes you die face up and even get to taste the water.
                          {New Sig in the works}
                          -----------------------

Comment

Aren't Elvaan's the only ones that die face up?

Comment

My humie character dies body down, but face turned sorta sideways

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
                              Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
                              I live to entertain!

Comment

I die with my belly facing down, head in the dirt, and ass sticking up.

Comment

Working...
                                X