X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate issues with Heel and Stay

From level 1-17 I have been using the stragety of:
    1) Charm mob
    2) Attack mob with the charm mob is weak against or could almost take.
    3) Use charm mob until it dies get new mob.

I turned level 18 last night and try to use the strategies from the beastmaster forum to use the ghetto leave.

Everytime I tell the mob to Heel or Heel then Stay, I always get hate. This is how I was using the ghetto leave strategy:
    1) Charm mob
    2) Attack target mob with the charm mob is weak against or could almost take.
    3) When the target mob is almost dead, use Heel then wait until the timer is reset then use Stay.
    -Either when I use Heel or Stay the mob starts attacking me.
    4) Attempt to run away to a safe distance and wait for Charmed mob to die.

I was using paralyze but I stop doing casting it because I was thinking it is giving me the edge in hate. It wasnt so could someone explain why I am getting hate?

(BAH! could someone fix the title to make it say Hate issues with heel and stay)
    Last edited by Losrase; 11-21-2008, 11:57 AM. Reason: Asking a for someone to fix the title.
    PSN ID: Kelshan
    Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
    Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
    sigpic

Re: Hate issues with Hell and Stay

Use the two commands outside of hate range. Run far enough away that you can still see your pet and your target, but not see the animation of them fighting (It will look like they're just standing there looking at each other).
    Ellipses on Fenrir
    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
    . . .

Comment

Re: Hate issues with Heel and Stay

Fixed the spelling in the title.

Icemage

Comment

Not sure why you need to do this?

Pets don't eat your exp anymore.
        Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
        Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
        Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
        Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
        Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Susurrus View Post
          Not sure why you need to do this?

Pets don't eat your exp anymore.
          Ya. You can skip this.

Comment

That Sig is so awesome (and totally describes me
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
              That Sig is so awesome (and totally describes me

Makes me jealous as well.

Comment

I use this because at higher levels my pet NEEDs to die. So technically there's a use for it.

I've made a funny observation in the Colibri-Leech camp in the thickets.

It seems if you heel across the water then your leech loses hate (this was during DRK/BST at level 69) and the other leech comes directly for you. I'll test more soon when the camp is free but this is why heel ghetto leave doesn't work for me there, and only there (for now).
                [LadyKiKi]
                Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
                .:|The Prototype BST|:.
                Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

Definitely lvling BST to 75 soon, I have 60 lvls to go! lol

Comment

Originally posted by LadyKiKi View Post
                    I use this because at higher levels my pet NEEDs to die. So technically there's a use for it.

I've made a funny observation in the Colibri-Leech camp in the thickets.

It seems if you heel across the water then your leech loses hate (this was during DRK/BST at level 69) and the other leech comes directly for you. I'll test more soon when the camp is free but this is why heel ghetto leave doesn't work for me there, and only there (for now).
                    That's true. /bst has to play like that until 70. If you could post that up after testing that would be pretty cool. I'll give it a shot as whm/bst when I get my whm to that lvl. Thanks for your testing.

Comment

Working...
                    X