Armor Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armor Advice

I'm really sorry for posting another one of these, but this time it seems like theres nothing worth getting at lvl 37BST . So if you want post so armor changes and I'll most likely take them. Thank you for whoever posts. I'm a Tarutaru with /NIN sub.

Main: Warrior's Axe (Soon to be De Saintre's Axe)
    Sub: Mythril Axe (Soon to be Combat Caster's Axe for Battle and Barbaroi Axe for Charm)
    Ammo: Any Jugs
    Head: Mercenary Captain's Headgear (Battle) Entrancing Ribbon (Charm)
    Neck: Fang Necklace (Battle) Bird Whislte (Charm)
    Ear1: Dodge Earring
    Ear2: Dodge Earring
    Hand: Royal Squire's Mufflers
    Body: Wonder Kafkan
    Ring1: Balance Ring (Battle) Hope Ring (Charm)
    Ring2: Balance Ring (Battle) Hope Ring (Charm)
    Back: Night Cape
    Waist: Warrior Belt +1
    Leg: Wonder Braccae
    Feet: Wonder Clomps

The food I use is Tuna Sushi for money problems, and with all of the gear I have +14 CHR.
    Last edited by Samora; 08-02-2006, 01:34 PM.
    Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy VII

Which FF Character Are You?
    Samora Windurst Rank 8
    {Tarutaru}{Power}
    BLM75, BST45, NIN37, WHM36, THF25,WAR17, SMN10
    Sylph Server
    BLM:
    AF: 5/5
    Zenith Mitts: O
    Rostrum Pumps: O
    Iquira Weskit: O
    Moldavite Earring: O
    Sky: O
    Sea: X
    Cooking: 85

Re: Armor Advice

Originally posted by Samora
    I'm really sorry for posting another one of these, but this time it seems like theres nothing worth getting at lvl 37BST . So if you want post so armor changes and I'll most likely take them. Thank you for whoever posts. I'm a Tarutaru with /NIN sub.

Main: Warrior's Axe (Soon to be De Saintre's Axe)
    Sub: Mythril Axe (Soon to be Combat Caster's Axe for Battle and Barbaroi Axe for Charm)
    Ammo: Any Jugs
    Head: Mercenary Captain's Headgear (Battle) Entrancing Headband (Charm)
    Neck: Fang Necklace (Battle) Bird Whislte (Charm)
    Ear1: Dodge Earring
    Ear2: Dodge Earring
    Hand: Royal Squire's Mufflers
    Body: Wonder Kafkan
    Ring1: Balance Ring (Battle) Hope Ring (Charm)
    Ring2: Balance Ring (Battle) Hope Ring (Charm)
    Back: Night Cape
    Waist: Warrior Belt +1
    Leg: Wonder Braccae
    Feet: Wonder Clomps

The food I use is Tuna Sushi for money problems, and with all of the gear I have +14 CHR.
    From a melee standpoint, get Courage Rings(2STR) instead of Balance Rings. (in fact you could check out the lvl36 3STR Rings)

Could swap out dodge earrings for Beetle+1 (+3Atk)

These are a couple inexpensive, yet effective changes i could see you making on the battle side at lvl37.

Oh and Spike Necklace is one of the best pieces of armor in the game, good idea to upgrade Fang to Spike.

Comment

Why not main Barbaroi? Barb. Axe has a higher base dmg than De Saintre's. Just switch out De Saintre's and C.C. Axe when you charm to benefit from the Charm+1. Which I'm thinking you're wanting to use it for.
      Your food choice is also good, +CHR is always a nice thing
      But once you hit 40, more armor will become available. If you want, I could list what I used at that level.
      Quetzacoatl:

Comment

Entrancing Headband? Is that supposed to be Entrancing Ribbon (+2 CHR)?

There isn't really a "worthwhile" eq upgrade at every level. Instead, you can focus on saving up gil for the past upgrades which you've gone without so far. Spike Necklace, as was mentioned earlier, is probably one of the cheapest ones. It's been a while since I bought my Noble's Ribbon, but it wasn't terribly expensive IIRC.
        Lyonheart
        lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
        Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
        Fishing 60

Lakiskline
        Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
        Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
        Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
        Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

I was in RSE till 40 for RYL. SQR. Chainmail body. I slowly moved to different heavier armor, but kept RSE pants (mithra) till 71 in exchange for Bison's Kecks.

Armor isn't important since you're trying to only deal enough damage to finish a mob and hit enough to get the TP to finish a mob. So find acc+ equip and a small amount of +STR to satisify these conditions. I'm BST/WHM whenever I solo (even in sky) so I find MP very important, (hence RSE legs) I carried quite a few MP+ equipment and quested my Gaudy Harness the second I could.

Otherwise, BST is a lot more about personal preference, find what suits your taste, find the stragity, gear, macros, etc that you think is the best and tweek it till you've "perfected" your solo experience.

Good luck & happy hunting

Elffy the untamed beast... ...master!
          BST75/RDM73/WHM51/NIN40/BRD38/WAR37/BLM37...
          Paragon of Beastmaster Excellence
          Paragon of White Mage Excellence
          Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
          My quest for a very full wardrobe continues...

Comment

Originally posted by Hearshot
            From a melee standpoint, get Courage Rings(2STR) instead of Balance Rings. (in fact you could check out the lvl36 3STR Rings)

Could swap out dodge earrings for Beetle+1 (+3Atk)

These are a couple inexpensive, yet effective changes i could see you making on the battle side at lvl37.

Oh and Spike Necklace is one of the best pieces of armor in the game, good idea to upgrade Fang to Spike.
            I second that motion.

Originally posted by eikichi
            Why not main Barbaroi? Barb. Axe has a higher base dmg than De Saintre's.
            Plus a little boost to STR

Depends how you feel, but I personally like the Brave Belt.
            BST66

Have you hugged your Taru today =)

Comment

switch the balance rings for the str rings. at 40 if your acc is still a problem swap out a str ring for the V ring. Dodge earrings dont really do much. so swap those out for bettle +1 earrings.

Other then that your gear sound about right with what i wore.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

eikichi: I might use all 3 axes(Bar., De Saintre's, and C.C) for my BST.

I'm going to switch from Fang->Spike as soon as I log on tomorrow, as well as the Beetle +1 earrings. I might also look into the STR rings at lvl 36 (lol not the +1 either, too expensive).

Also, for my armor, do I look into DEF, or should I go for more armor with attributes(example VIT)?

Thank you to everyone that posted on the thread. ^^

{Thank you}{Nice to meet you} and {Take care}.
                Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy VII

Which FF Character Are You?
                Samora Windurst Rank 8
                {Tarutaru}{Power}
                BLM75, BST45, NIN37, WHM36, THF25,WAR17, SMN10
                Sylph Server
                BLM:
                AF: 5/5
                Zenith Mitts: O
                Rostrum Pumps: O
                Iquira Weskit: O
                Moldavite Earring: O
                Sky: O
                Sea: X
                Cooking: 85

Comment

Some little pieces of nice stuff that I used on my Bst, if you can get them.. but not major need to get are...

Ajase Bead Necklace, Federation Doublet, Survival Belt next level is quite strong too... but the joy of Bst is your gear is as good/bad/indifferent as you want it to be. So long as it gets you exp in comfort... doesn't matter what you wear. ^^

Comment

I know you plan on using all 3 axes. Just saying that if you main hand Barb. Axe, while switching out the other two axes during charm. You'll have the stronger of the two axes(Barb. and de Saint) main handed at all time.

Main: Barb. Axe
                    Off-hand: C.C. Axe(melee); de Saint(charm)

That way you get the benefit of the +2CHR and +1Charm from both axes. Then the +2STR and +5 attack from the melee.
                    Quetzacoatl:

Comment

Working...
                    X