57 sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 57 sucks

I hate to hijack the thread, but some people were talking about how jellies will work post-leave change and figured I'd share my insights.

My duo partner and I have recently lvled from 35-40 using a combination of these techniques, and they seem to work pretty well. As far as I can tell you have 3 options:

A) Set up a camp and pull like anybody else. Get a spot with 2 (assuming you are in a duo) DC or EM pets (can be easily converted using the charm-move-leave-despawn technique) then use these mobs to literally attack another mob and pull it back to your pets spawn radius as a thf/rng/whatever would do in a typical exp pty.

B) Find a spot with 2 pets per beastmaster. This way you can charm one, fight a target mob, leave it, QUICKLY recharm it after the fight (yes, it can be done. It's easy to screw up but it works), return the mob to it's spawn point and leave it. That way it regenerates and you have another pet at 100% HP with which to fight.

C) As was previously suggested you can always leave the pet, finish the fight, recharm it quickly and break your bank account by using 3465787554 pieces of pet food to keep your little friend alive.

I hope this information helps somebody. Also, let me know if you have any better ideas, eh?

Comment

I did lvl 57 in Pso'Xja: camp of 2 lizards vs. 4 magic pots, with the occasional bat in between respawns. It was a grind, but very safe. Cool music too, I never really got bored.
      BST 59 | THF 40 | NIN 30 | SAM 22 | BLU 21 | WAR 15

Comment

This is the key item you need to enter Toraimarai Canal via Windurst Walls.

This is the quest you need to complete to get it.

You need to clear the four other quests in this series (see the list in above link), then acquire at least level 7 fame in Windurst to activate Toraimarai Turmoil.

This is the map to Toraimarai Canal. I strongly recommend acquiring it before doing this quest or XPing here, as the zone is very confusing if you aren't intimately familiar with it.

The map is a quest reward from another series of quests in Mhaura/Selbina:
        http://ffxi.somepage.com/questdb/378

Icemage

Comment

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just hit 57 a couple of nights ago. After doing part of 56 and getting my coffer key from soloing in the Garlaige Citadel basement, I went back to Bostaunieux Oubliette. I would have moved on to Toraimarai Canal instead, but I'm still waiting to hook up with a friend so we can finish Blue Ribbon Blues (which would allow us to start the quest which grants Toraimarai access).

I'm now about 2.6k into 57, and I may stick it out a bit longer in Bostaunieux. Between the passage of F-9/10 and the T junction at G-10, there's 7 Werebat spawns. Since Werebats range from 55 to 59, 2/5 Werebats will pop DC. My strategy has been to charm and drag any DC Werebats out of their spawn radius, and Leave them, hoping to up-convert them to EM or T. If a camp only has a DC Werebat left, I do this as I run back to the other camp. As a result, I don't spend time just standing around waiting for the respawn.

Doing this, I seem to be averaging 2k exp per hour without exp bonus from my ring. It's not as good as the 2.8k per hour I was getting at this camp the last few levels, but 2k per hour isn't too shabby.
          Lyonheart
          lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
          Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
          Fishing 60

Lakiskline
          Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
          Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
          Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
          Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

I'm 56 and this thread is making me very sad.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X