57 sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 sucks

it has to be the most diffcult lvl in the game due to Garilage being extremely over crowded and other places just extremely diffcult to access. anyways, i have run into a wall finally. i finally get GC all to myself, only to have many mischarms and premature self-destructs.

lol, any other horror stories you would like to share?

Balmor: Elvaan Male San D'oria Rank 7
    BST 70 WAR 56 NIN 35 THF 30 MNK 30 PLD 22 DRG 19 RDM 13

Malag: Tarutaru Male Windurst Rank 10
    BLM 75 WHM 37 BRD 20 THF 16 BST 14

Re: 57 sucks

i lvld somewhere else. avoided garlaige altogether.

I recommend Toromai Canal (sp?) it was stress-free lvling at the entrance from Windurst Walls. I had to do a few quests to get access but it was worth it.

"Five severed fingers do not make a hand."

Comment

I'd like to second that suggestion. Toraimarai canal was a really nice camp.

Also, something to think about here - the tough-to-access places are some of your best friends as a Bst. Remember, if it's hard for you to reach, that'll go a long way toward ensuring that your camp will remain relatively free for you to exploit to its full potential.
      Sig coming soon to a PC near you

You can die on your knees . . . or you can stand.

Comment

as shitty as gc was, its some pretty insane xp tbh.

at 57, your charm rate should be pretty decent down there... make sure you bring your light staff and etc.

premature self-destructs? hmm, you shouldnt be anywhere near the bomb no matter what, unless you are finishing off the last sliver of health.

fight, heel to safe spot, fight, watch from afar as the 450 xp kills roll in :D
        Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
        ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

I have to agree with going to Toraimarai Canal (SP?) too.

I fought for a while in the basement of GC and the xp was nice when things were going well. But the problem was things didn't always go well depending on how many parties were in the area. I preferred the camp behind one of the banishing gates because it's so hard to get to so you're almost guaranteed to be alone there, but that was also the problem that ended up making me abandon that camp. What finally clinched it for me was waiting 5 hours to get behind one of the banishing gates to have the first bomb I fought SD on me during a pet swap.

The difficulty with accessing a camp and how good it is are often directly related, but I found that GC was a bit too frustrating for me personally. I don't mind the difficulty with getting to good camps (hence waiting 5 hours to have the gate open) but I had terrible luck once I got there. It sounds like you're having about the same luck that I did, so you might want to try the canal to see if that works any better for you.

Aside from the somewhat bothersome npc levelers that frequent the Canal, the xp was fun and once you got a rythym going the xp flows in at a steady pace and can be pretty safe. One thing that I think is interesting is really how few people are normally in the zone where the camp is, given that it is directly accessible from Windy. Make sure you have a search comment stating your pet and prey so that you can ask npc levelers nicely to leave those few mobs alone, or at least leave a few for you as well. ^^
          Windurst: Rank6
          Cook81.4 || WW62.7 || Alch60 || Cloth52 || Bone54.1 || GS31 || SM24 || Leather8 || Fishing18.3 || Cook94 (mule)

Comment

yes, getting to places behind any gate is always best. however, i always liked to see how an xp pt can compete with a bst for mobs. if they want to try and out pull me, that's fine. i'll switch to fighting bat vs bat or beetle vs beetle.

they leave soon after.

my biggest problem down there was other bsts that arent 1 lvl near me or that dont want to duo.
            Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
            ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

I was at Toraimarai too.
              Jelly >>> Bat until lv58
              Fish >>> Crab until lv60

But isn't jelly one not possible anymore because of the pet disappearing now?

Comment

well, i joined with 2 other bsts and got to 58. they are both 57 and are trying to get to 58 so we can trio in Attawoh, i think. but til they catch up, im off to Ule(tab) range.

Comment

TaruBST, I never tried the jelly one because I was there after the patch, but I would assume it isn't really easily doable anymore because of the despawn like you mention. You can always try to charm the jelly again right after you kill the mob, but then you're forced to rely on Reward to heal your pet which I don't think is possible for more than a mob or two because of the long recast timer... but I wish that strategy would have been usable when I was there. As it was, I mainly stuck to bats as pets. Maybe someone else has tried it with jellies since the Leave patch and found that they could make it work? I'd be pretty interested to know how it worked out!
                  Windurst: Rank6
                  Cook81.4 || WW62.7 || Alch60 || Cloth52 || Bone54.1 || GS31 || SM24 || Leather8 || Fishing18.3 || Cook94 (mule)

Comment

I didn't like canal and I leveled in GC behind gate 2 for tha longest time. I practically lived there for a week getting 3 levels (many trips saved with reraise earring). I basically took the 30% exp cut from bombs and kill off a beetle, that would be chain 3 constantly.

Elffy the untamed beast... ...master!
                    BST75/RDM73/WHM51/NIN40/BRD38/WAR37/BLM37...
                    Paragon of Beastmaster Excellence
                    Paragon of White Mage Excellence
                    Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
                    My quest for a very full wardrobe continues...

Comment

I am at 57 with my bst right now and leveling in Bostaunieux Oubliette.

I did try GC at 55, but i couldnt get past the 2nd banishing gate, and pt's we're taking all the bettles in the basement, so that sucked.

Iv also been over to Toraimarai Canal, but i didnt like that much either, due to the fact that i couldnt find any mobs to fight that were T near our pet slimes, and i wasnt going to drag a slime accross the map for every fight.

Soooo anywho, BO has been pretty good to me, thiers a few camps around kinda hard to explain we're their at (the one i like most is between F9 and F10 on the upper floor), but u basically use DC dark aspic's vs. werebats. you got to /whm for sneek, and at 57 im still finding some T Werebats, but some are also spawning DC and EM. The downside is that thiers no real totally safe spots to camp so you always gatta be watching your back.

Comment

I must agree that Level 57 wasn't one of the more pleasant ones, as there was only at least for myself about 5 or 6 viable 'camps' (due to bst partner not having access to some like the T-Canal camp =(

The first camp I did (and i truly preferred), but I don't think we could of duo'd it. but a trio of bst was great exp was the very far camp entrance for Quicksand caves. Lizard vs Anticans. Was very fun, great skill up and overal quick respawns
                        The quicksand cave camp was rather free, only saw 1 group of players, all from the same LS heading deeper in.

The Crawler's Nest Knight Crawler room (off the Rumble Crawler room), it's good exp overall but the wespes are hunted often by farmers, and alot of NCP levellers or power levelled players (at least on Sylph) which tend to make exp-ing a pain as they're competing for beasts.

Garlaige Citadel, was a love/hate relationship. it was great when it was just the 2 of us and a skill up PT. They were were killing the Fallen Mages/Majors, and left all the Hellmines for us, worked beautifully. But when there was 1 or 2 exp groups, or even a 3rd BST who didn't want to group with us (though they had a Seek party tag up O.o ) it became rather a waste of time, so we'd usually move to one of the other 2 camps above.
                        ToAU M8 - Completed
                        Assault LV1 2/5
                        Lv75 SMN, Lv75 WHM Lv66 BST
                        Lu Shang Acquired 28/08/04
                        ----------------------------------------

Comment

i am loving Worker bees(dont recall the name) vs Lesses Colibis(same) in Wajoam Woodlands @ 63.....

Comment

Hello all fellow BST.

Could someone please hint me on how to get access to the Toraimari Channel in Windurst?? Thanks in advance for your help. BTW...this forums are awesome! and BST is the best :-)

Comment

i'd tell ya, but i never managed to get access from windy myself. ill look it up later though and if no one replies, ill post. i always just used the horotoro ruins entrance.

Comment

Working...
                              X