Equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment

Are there any equipment FAQS that you know that can help me? I've been looking for some and haven't been able to find any that have the same guidelines as others.

Anyways I'll post my equipment and you can rate my equipment, both charm and battle, for my lvl 27 BST/13 WHM if you want:

Main: Tomahawk
    Sub: Decurion's Shield
    Range: None
    Ammo: Fish Oil Broth
    Head: (Charm) Entracing Ribbon, (Battle) Silver Haripin
    Neck: (Charm) Bird Whilstle, (Battle) Fang Necklace
    Ear1: Beetle Earring +1, Reraise Earring
    Ear2: Beetle Earring
    Body: Chainmail
    Hands: Chain Gloves
    Ring1: (Charm) Hope Ring, (Battle) Courage Ring
    Ring2: (Charm) Hope Ring, (Battle) Courage Ring
    Back: Night Cape
    Waist: Warrior's Belt +1
    Legs: Chain Hose
    Feet: Greaves
    Food: Tavnazian Tacos for defense and it gives +4 CHR

Thank you to whoever posts and any help will be gladly appriciated.
    Last edited by Samora; 07-11-2006, 12:19 PM. Reason: >.> Typos
    Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy VII

Which FF Character Are You?
    Samora Windurst Rank 8
    {Tarutaru}{Power}
    BLM75, BST45, NIN37, WHM36, THF25,WAR17, SMN10
    Sylph Server
    BLM:
    AF: 5/5
    Zenith Mitts: O
    Rostrum Pumps: O
    Iquira Weskit: O
    Moldavite Earring: O
    Sky: O
    Sea: X
    Cooking: 85

Re: Equipment

A couple things that I do differently (as Bst28/Nin14 so the nin vs whm might make a big difference).

Earrings: 1 reraise, 1 silver. I like the +eva to keep my shadows up
    Rings: In battle I use balance instead of courage - I tend to prefer the acc and crit over str for low lvl melee (I'm elvaan)
    Hands: Battle Gloves. +3 acc, +3 eva and they're fairly cheap. I like eva to help keep shadows up
    Legs: Kingdom Trousers. Again, I love the +3 eva to help with shadows.

I'm certainly not saying these differences are the end-all of Bst our lvl, it's just my preferene and why I like it that way. Let me know what you think.

Comment

Battles gloves. ^^ Earrings/rings, watch your hate issues. If you're pulling hate too easily from outdamaging your pet, tone the +att/str down a bit. I rarely used food at all in the first 60 levels, occasionally some +chr food for charm resistant mobs(crawlers in yhoat -_-/slimes sometimes), with the ease of death in the early levels, I'd certainly look for a cheaper food than tacos IMO.

My main suggestion, skip the HQ crab jugs. CC is not that much better than NQ jugs for a long time in most circumstances. NQs will be massively cheaper for a pet to use while you look for your next charm, or escape. For farming, carrot broth bunnies will get double attack, and more offensive based sic moves. @33, you can start using Seedbed Soil for funguar familiars, you can buy these in Kazham for ~600-700 gil each, and they don't cap until lvl 65. Double attack, darkspore/frogkick are good damage sic moves, and spore(paralyze) can just be plain sick when it sticks well.

Main beauty of playing BST, you can truly play it however you want to, eq/food/strategy are all up to you in the end, just a matter of the limits of your patience every now and then. ^^

Comment

Agh, forgot to mention that I'm a Tarutaru sorry. My pet usually outdamages me by a lot unless I critical hit the mob. I'm gonna switch from Fish Oil and Fish Broths to the Hare broths soon (HQed too many so I use them when I don't have anything to charm ). I'm also gonna take both of your advice with the Battle Gloves and the Kingdom Trousers for the + Evasion when I grab hate. I bought the Chainmail for the Defense. Also, forgot to mention that I use Zeta biscuits for my pets and I usually carry around 4-5 stacks every level.

Another equipment opinion, should I get the Tarutaru RSE mitts at my level or wait until level 30 for Royal Squires Mufflers?
        Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy VII

Samora Windurst Rank 8
        {Tarutaru}{Power}
        Sylph Server
        BLM:

Comment

A couple of quick comments:

1) Food - I used Tavnazian Tacos at your level and they are really awesome for low lvl BST. +4 CHR is a big deal at lower levels and the defense boost really helps you live when you pull hate.

2) There's absolutely nothing wrong with your gear. Looks like you are going for defense which is fine. Evasion is one way to go, but BST has horrible base evasion, so take that for what it's worth. As far as the gloves, it depends on your accuracy. I would go with the taru RSE since it's free and gives HP+, unless you are having problems with accuracy.
          3) I saw your comment about switching jugs. It's probably a good idea. The rabbits are cheaper, and honestly the fish oil broth is a waste for you to use at low lvls. The NQ crab is just as good as the HQ really. Sell those Fish Oil Broths and use that to finance the rabbit jugs and Tacos.

BST/NIN/DRK 75

Comment

~Update~

I've noticed that my ACC has been improving with the Battle Gloves. Also, with both the Kingdom Trousers and Battle Gloves, I've dodged a lot more hits (along with capped EVA). I might switch out the Beetle for Silver Earrings because the more I hit the mob, the more hate I get. After I finish my last jug I'll switch to the hares too.
            Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy VII

Samora Windurst Rank 8
            {Tarutaru}{Power}
            Sylph Server
            BLM:

Comment

Looks good to me .

I went the Beetle Earring +1 route also, as opposed to Silver Earrings (personal preference).

I will mention two things:

1.) Like others have said, the Battle Gloves are an awesopme piece of equip, and are also relatively cheap

2.) I choose to upgrade my Warrior's Belt + 1 to a Brave Belt (+2 STR, +2 VIT, -1 DEX, -1 AGI). I never found the -1 DEX/AGI to be that big of an issue.

I also am a Taru, and felt that boosting my STR/attack to be most beneficial (Opting for EVA and VIT as a secondary).

But, that's the great thing about BST.. you can truely play it however you want

Edit: One more thing, I do recomend switching jugs . Tiger jugs (Meat Broth - lvl 28 I believe) are pretty nice. So you will be able to equip these in a level.

Currently, I enjoy using Seedbed Soil (Funguar jug - lvl 33 I think); they have nice damage and TP moves
              Last edited by Jugil; 07-12-2006, 06:26 AM.
              BST66

Have you hugged your Taru today =)

Comment

your gear looks to be pretty good. If i was around that lvl i'd have very simular gear.

Only suggestion that i can make which someone has already mentioned was to use a different jug pet. The best jug i think you can get for your money spent/quality is the fungar pets from kazaam. I remember they were like 600 a peice i think. I wish i would have known that when i went out to lvl bstie when i was your lvl.

Learn and you grow. Gear as you go. Have fun as you go. No one will judge you gear except youself.

Comment

Working...
                X