Bst and hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bst and hate

Hello, first off i'd like to say that im not that high of a bst (only lvl 12 going on 13 now) but somthing is bothering me. When I start off a fight I charm my pet, send it to attack somthing, let my pet hit the mob 2 or 3 times then I go in to try and help it. Now right as I hit the mob I get all the hate.. making me the tank.
    Now I was wondering if this is normal for a bst, or do most just use eva. gear to get hate back on there pet. Any info would be great, Thanks so much everyone!

Re: Bst and hate

I think the pets just dont do enough damage to each other at this level. Higher lvs I dont think youll outdamage your pet as much. Try waiting longer before attacking.
    75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
    Woodworking 91.9+2
    ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Ya.. the problem here is with your level. At that level, yopu can easily pull hate from your pets. You pretty much have to let your pet do all/most of the work, and jump in towards the end.

You could try to purposfully gimp your damage. Remove any stat boosting items (i.e. +STR, +DEX, +atk, etc.). Try not eating any food (if you are). You could even gimp your weapon; use a weapon that is a few levels behind.

As for myself, I wasn't really able to melee with my pet till around 20ish.

Another good thing, is you get Sic at 25. Sic will allow you to tell your pet to use its TP. When you Sic your pet, alot of times, the move your pet does will generate a decent amount of enmity towards the pet.

Basically, all BST's go through this; you just gotta stick it out.
      BST66

Have you hugged your Taru today =)

Comment

Thank you both, im meleeing with my pet a few fights, and then letting my pet go off and kill somthing while i rest up. Seems to work (got lvl 14 now) Cant wait for some of the new things bst can do.

Comment

your pet wont hold hate confortably till around lv. 40. even when you get sic and release, you really still need to be careful about meleeing. up until then, let your pet melee for 5-6 rounds first before you do anything that can generate hate.
          Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
          ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

your pet wont hold hate confortably till around lv. 40d... up until then, let your pet melee for 5-6 rounds first before you do anything that can generate hate.
            True, even in the high 40's, I still find that I typically need to wait till my pet has about 40-50% TP before I can jump in. But before 20, it's hard to even swing a few times at the mob along side your pet without pullin hate off.
            BST66

Have you hugged your Taru today =)

Comment

Another trick that you'll get more and more use from as you level is fighting unlocked. It will allow you to walk closer to that razor's edge of hate, simply turning away when you find yourself receiving too much TLC from your current prey

Also, if you're not already, try to have your prey totally off your radar before casting any cures or issuing any pet commands. At the early levels, pets barely do enough damage at times to offset the relatively small amount of hate generated by pet commands like Heel and Stay.
              Sig coming soon to a PC near you

You can die on your knees . . . or you can stand.

Comment

Working...
              X