This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mischarms in Mount Zhayolm

I have been in Mount Zhayolm for merits/exp solo ever since the expansion came out practically. I love that place honestly. Anyway, most days I can lvl all day with no missharms or deaths. Today has been a big exception. Let me preface this by saying I have a lot of CHR and an Apollo's Staff. I have been there today for about an hour and 10 minutes and have had a total of about 12 mischarms. From Misdnight LIGHTDAY of all days to 10 am, I had 7, yes, 7 mischarms, one leading to my death in a pet swap. I usually don't have to swap, but my DC Eruca kept getting nailed with 300+ Splash Breaths.

So, here's what I want to know. This is the 2nd day I can remember having this much problem charming here and I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. The weird this is that it's Lightday for one. The 2nd thing is that I checked moon phase out of curiosity and it was Waxing 62%, which is about where the moon was the last time I noticed this high mischarm rate. Anyone got any thoughts or theories?

BST/NIN/DRK 75

Re: Mischarms in Mount Zhayolm

I hate lightday with a passion, I was saying it to my trio partners back when we were lvl 40 and I say it to my bst ls friends now, Lightday is worse for me and mischarms than darkday. I can't explain it but more than a few bst's have noticed the same thing.

I'd be curious to see what some other bst think might be the cause of this but as for me yeah I feel your pain and have had light days very similar to you. On lightday during a new moon I was mischarming on DC's repeatedly. Instead of exping during that horrible time I just logged out and tried later. Later on I think I got one mischarm on an EM in an hour.

36 War/15 Mnk/22 Thf/62 Pld/Bst 75/Nin 33/Whm 36/Blm 19/Cor 7
    Full Af X2 • Rank 8 • Alchemy 65

Comment

I also have noticed that lightsday is crap when it comes to mis-charms. I always notice it more since i'll think to myself lightsday should be great for a light based spell right? a lot of the time it's not. My logic is that light is strong against dark, which is my reasoning for little charm difficulty during darksday. why light based skill wouldnt be strong on lightsday beats the heck outta me.
      Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
      ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

When ToA came out I was keen to try the new zones out as I was getting fed up of crawling along in the tree. After five deaths due to mischarms, I gave up and went back to Boyahda...

Whilst I don't have an Apollo staff - my CHR is also quite high (+32 with food) and I found that most days I was lucky to charm successfully twice in a row - quite simply too dangerous if you had to do a pet swap, when the mob you're fighting decides to do some uber WS (Diamondhide )...

To me it seems that all the charmable mobs in the new areas have an incredibly hard charm rate - on a par with slimes in the "normal" areas, and given that they also hit very hard, i'm leaving these zones for assault and other missions.

So close to 75 now - I'm not taking any more risks !

Comment

I have noticed problems charming on lightsday for a long, long time. I think it's a problem of having too much light/chr rather than not enough. Try charming with less +chr/light rather than more on lightsday, I think it helps.

It's like there's a "sweet spot" for light, and lightsday, especially the stronger the moon phase, is just too much.

(Supposedly your moghouse engancement doesn't affect anything but crafting, but I have overwhelming light in MH and started noticing problems charming on lightsday as early as level 35 - I'm 68 now. Level 35 is about when I put in that mh enhancement).

Comment

Maybe lightsday also affects the chance to resist? I'm just tossing out my random thought...

Comment

Mischarms happened more often to me on Lightsdays then any other day.

Comment

Originally posted by METDeath
                Maybe lightsday also affects the chance to resist? I'm just tossing out my random thought...
                I seem to remember reading about some BLM's Maat fight a while back - he fought Maat on Firesday to get more mileage out of his Firaga IIIs and ended up dying because Maat resisted more often than usual.

I think you may be right; Lightsday makes our Charm stronger but also increases resistance to Light, and comparing the difference between PC abilities and mob resistance I think I know who wins.

-sam
                "And NO sprinkles! For every sprinkle I find... I shall kill you." -Stewie Griffin

My job levels and goals.

Comment

Wow, I thought I was just cursed. I was running around the aquaducts for my subligar and mischarmed an oil spill at least a dozen times in a row on lightday.

Then when I aggro'd one and it was beating on me, I desperation tried to charm and it stuck...on Darkday. IT too.

Don't the days have some strange description about them, though? Like Darkday is the day that is the most resistant to dark, or something like that? Some kind of opposite meaning? I don't remember where I saw it, but maybe that explains the lighday charm curse.

Comment

Working...
                  X