This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level 20 EXP area?

I can't seem to find a decent area at level 20. The snippers in Bubu are too few and the ghosts are the plague at night. The mands and rarabs are definitely too low to get any decent exp. Meriph. is too spread out. Maze of Shakrami is too low now. I have not checked out Ordelles but I believe it was more in the 16-18 range.

Would Carpenter's Landing fit nicely? Am I missing a spot in Bubu? Any other areas I am forgetting...

Re: Level 20 EXP area?

You could try the area by the outpost in Meriphataud Mountains. Use Crane Flys (18-21) and Hill Lizards (19-22) against goblins (21-25), flys and lizards.

Jugner Forest is another option. Run the length of the path using Forest Leeches (19-22) against Jugner Funguars (21-25).

Pashhow Marshlands may be possible, using Thread Leeches (19-22) and Carnivorous Crawlers (20-23) against Quadavs (20-26) and crawlers. Pashhow is often heavily farmed (for Beastmen's Blood which drops from the leeches) so it may be more difficult here. There are also regular elemental pops (water and lightning) which can be quite awkward.
    I have heard that those who celebrate life
    walk safely amongst the wild animals.
    When they go into battle, they remain unharmed,
    the animals find no place to attack them
    and weapons are unable to harm them.
    Why? Because they find no place for death in them.

Comment

HEy

I think you really should go try Ordelles caves. There are alot of mobs there and many different poaths that have different lvl enemies to fight. The gobs wuill net you a god sac of gil and there is always plenty of pets )bunnies and tons of bats) .

Just my 2 cents. Happy HUnting
      Bst - 40 Thf - 20 Rng - 10 Sam - XXX
      Pld - 31 Mnk - 20 Brd - 1 Smn - XXX
      War - 31 Drk - 20 Nin - 12 Drg - 17
      Wht - 25 Rdm - 15 Blk - 10

Beastmaster AF

AXe - COMPLETE

Comment

Yeah, I'm having lots of trouble with level 20 too. I can tell you what I've tried so far:

Ordelles cave: Looks like it might be okay, but getting to the right camp is a pain in the butt if you're too cheap to buy prism powder.

The mobs in Meriphataud were too T and too far apart; I could get some exp here easily enough but it was slow going. Fly links really suck, too, and they fly faster than you so zoning is kind of a pain.

Buburimu was also difficult; again due to 90% of the possible pets being T. I didn't have a problem with charms (26 +18 chr), but duration was a minor problem. Killed my first Bomb here though, plenty of adrenaline-pumping action and a nice exp bonus to boot.

Carpenters' Landing looked a little too low, mostly DC mobs in the north landing.

Shakhrami is too low and full of frickin Ghouls.

My LS advised me to give Valkurm a try using the local leeches... we'll see how that works out.

-sam

Update: The Leeches in Valkurm were all Tough and unusable as pets. However, looking around the area, there were enough EM flies, snippers, and sheep to use against either the T versions of themselves or against the local goblins T-VT, of which there are plenty.

However I plan to make a return appearance in Jugner Forest. At 19, most of the leeches were Tough with the rare EM; I hope that one level's difference is enough.
        Last edited by samarium; 05-24-2006, 04:24 AM.
        "And NO sprinkles! For every sprinkle I find... I shall kill you." -Stewie Griffin

My job levels and goals.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I used DC/EM Flies and sheep vs. EM/T/VT goblins in Valkrum at 20. I think I stayed there until 24 before moving to funguars in jugner.
          BST 59 | THF 40 | NIN 30 | SAM 22 | BLU 21 | WAR 15

Comment

I'll second the recommendation for Jugner

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Thanks for the input...seems everyone votes for Jugner and I will go give it a try later. But first must switch my kingdom to Windurst and level cooking up a bit. Also, I can't wait till I can go to Carpenter's Landing...haven't been there and I really want to see what it looks like. I am assuming the next levels to go there are 29ish?

Comment

Originally posted by Jinkusu
                I'm pretty sure I used DC/EM Flies and sheep vs. EM/T/VT goblins in Valkurm at 20. I think I stayed there until 24 before moving to funguars in jugner.
                At 20, all the flies and sheep are EM or T. If you can find enough EM pets, this zone's pretty good at 20, the Tier 2 goblins make good prey (except of course for Leechers), with a preference towards Gamblers 'cause they're so squishy. Muggers are somewhat more challenging 'cause of their evasion, but still doable.

You can also fling DC/EP bunnies and crabs against some of the T sheep or flies for some exp and to try to convert them to EM, just stay clear of sheep song.

If I can get past 20, 21 will be much smoother - I intend to do Buburimu. Not much else to do but tough it out.

-sam
                "And NO sprinkles! For every sprinkle I find... I shall kill you." -Stewie Griffin

My job levels and goals.

Comment

I would recommend Valkurm Dunes as well. I actually enjoyed my time xp'ing there as BST

There isn't that much party aggro either, as generally you're steering clear of all the camp sites - plus you're fighting mobs which parties tend to avoid - i.e gobs.

A good camp is in the trees northeast of the Oasis - a roaming camp using whatever pets you can use against the gobs.

I think Jugner is a little hard at that level - lots of roaming mobs which can tear you too bits. It does come good though when you get to fighting the funguars.

Whichever you choose - have fun

Comment

Working...
                  X