Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting a BST LS, I would love some pointers...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a BST LS, I would love some pointers...

Well I'm a 64 BST, also a 75 RDM and NIN. I've noticed I that I love BST more than RDM or NIN, and I now consider it my main job. I think this may be a good idea, lots of new players, lots of people wanting to solo/duo as opposed to rank and stock exp PTs. Theres only one BST LS on my server and I'm in it...its mainly empty. This might be a good move.
    Now my questions:

How do I go about recruiting?

What kind of activities can we do?

Would be wise to invite other pet jobs like PUP, SMN, and DRG?

Would it be wise to invite jobs that make our events much easier like a WHM COR or THF?

The only endgame activities BST can do it seems is Xotol, and Tiamat(I could be wrong). Can a BST LS do limbus/sky/assault?

Thanks!

Re: Starting a BST LS, I would love some pointers...

Be friendly to every BST around you. It will help a lot. If you do this well enough, you won't have to "recruit," people will seek you out.

Plan on running a LOT of BCNMs...

Summoner is Beastmaster's little brother. So they indeed belong together. Puppetmaster and Dragoon, not so much..

Would it be wise to invite jobs that make our events much easier like a WHM COR or THF?
    This game has been out for a long time. I would imagine that most people have multiple jobs levelled, and Beastmaster isn't their only one. {Job}{Change}{Easy Prey} I'd just invite people who you think are cool, and not make it "BST ONRY" but more of an enviornment with a high Beastmaster influence.

The only endgame activities BST can do it seems is Xotol, and Tiamat(I could be wrong). Can a BST LS do limbus/sky/assault?
    That's kind of a broad question. Can Beastmaster do Sky? Yes, and no. You can farm pop items pretty easy I bet (With the right number of people.) but can you kill a god? Probably not. (Read: No.) Limbus? I don't know, I don't have Sea. And I know for sure Beastmaster could play an active role in many of the current Assault missions.

Hope this helped.

Comment

Can Beastmaster do Sky? Yes, and no. You can farm pop items pretty easy I bet (With the right number of people.) but can you kill a god? Probably not. (Read: No.)
      Actually, LotB on Shiva have been successful in defeating Genbu and Suzaku. The flamingos really tear them up. ^^

Comment

in your 60+ levels of bst you run across some cool bst and some idiots. filter out the cool bst and see if they would like to join.

bcnm, ks, sky, promy, etc. this (imo) will make or break your ls, because trying to convince other to try something new might not be worth the trouble.

no.

no.

sky im sure of but the others i have little experience in.

Comment

As mentioned above Lords of the Beast on Shiva is the most successful BST LS I know of. They've gotten Sky access, Sea access, rank 1-10 in each nation, and defeated all the prime avatars as BST-only groups. In Sky they've taken down a few of the gods in nearly BST-only alliances. They are a pretty rare example though. I think every server has had at least a couple all-BST linkshells form up, but most break at some point. You might want to head over to www.lotb.org and ask the guys at LotB how they started and how they have stayed alive so long.
          75BST 75BLU 40BLM 40DRK 38WHM 37RDM 37NIN 37THF 20WAR
          99.1 Cooking / 20 Alchemy / 15 Woodworking
          Asura Hume LS=Illuminaire
          FFXI Wiki - Beastmaster Page
          FFXI Wiki - Beastmaster Cooking Guide

Comment

With our BST/SMN shell it just kind of came together. BeastintheSack is also a reformation of a reformation of a reformation of a BST LS, with each new incarnation growing a bit larger, and our goals getting loftier.

In each of our experiences soloing or duoing+ it was inevitable that we came across other BSTs. Whether it was in passing, or running in to each other in the same camps, you just tend to "notice" each other. It was a perfect opportunity for us to know which BSTs were respectable, were helpful and in contrast which we tended to clash with, or want to avoid in the future.

Out of that, as our first LS came together, we formed quite a few friendships. So my advice is to talk with the BSTs you come across, I was always surprised just how amiable we are as a whole.

As we in BitS have spent more and more time together, we have grown closer as a BST/SMN "unit" and while there are newer members that we may not be familiar with at all, the "oldies" in the LS are careful to show respect and provide any help we can to those coming up the ranks. Done well, and done right, you will soon have a tightknit group of very formidable allies in your LS.

Speaking from experience, we have spent our recent months doing Gration Runs, Hakutaku/O.Hat Runs, various NMs like Bugbear Matman (for Rutter Sabatons), tried and horridly wiped to Bomb Queen, Golden-Tongued Culberry (Uggalepih Pendant), KSNMs (Operation Desert Swarm, Copycat, and Come Into My Parlor. Currently, we are discussing pitting our ranks against a handful of Gods!

In my opinion yes. Kakusaijin said, "Summoner is Beastmaster's little brother." and that is true, but trust me there are times when you as BST are the little brother. Watching Avatars hit very nice Spike Damage on Hakutaku, or Gration, or Bugbear... well... you just smile and realize how much shorter they just made the fight =P PUP and DRG are jobs that we lack in our LS. To me it just seems that the interest is not there for those jobs in regards to the LS. And, as PUP is still in its beginning stages as far as what we truly know of thier capabilities at higher levels... its hard to say. But go with what you want, if you want a "Pet Job" LS, then by all means invite whomever you like.

While we haven't actively invited jobs, it almost goes without saying that we have several of them in the LS by default, as secondary jobs. We have quite a few high level BLMs, NINs, THFs, and of course WHMs as the BSTs favored Subjob. And it can be handy at times to have a nice selection of alternate mains, or subjobs, depending on what your ideal opinion of a "BST LS" construes. We generally have a /THF with us at Bugbear... though it sure doesn't seem to help as we usually go 1/10 or so each run on Sabatons. Again, its your LS, and your rules and regs.

There is plenty of information still coming in about BST versions of any of the above. A handful of our LS has torn up the first 5 Assaults as BSTs. Strategies will change, marathons may ensue, but you can't know until you try. LotB has been very successful in an all BST CoP Static, as well as toppling some Gods.

Good luck, and I hope you form a great and respected BST LS.
            ~Beastmaster 75 | White Mage 41 | Ninja 50~

Comment

Working...
            X