This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSt farming with Jugs

Im farming sheep and bees as 31bst/15 thf. Im also lvling cooking and useing the jugs I make to help me farm. NOw my question is does the bonus at finding treasure extend to include both me and my jug or just me. Has anybody done any tests to see exactly how TH works as bst. DO you other bst's attack the mob you really want the drop from and send the jug to fight the secondary farming mobs, this seems to be an alright solution. Please tell me what you think.

Dagada Orden
    Bst - 40 Thf - 20 Rng - 10 Sam - XXX
    Pld - 31 Mnk - 20 Brd - 1 Smn - XXX
    War - 31 Drk - 20 Nin - 12 Drg - 17
    Wht - 25 Rdm - 15 Blk - 10

Beastmaster AF

AXe - COMPLETE

Re: BSt farming with Jugs

I remember someone asking at the fan festival about how th worked. Whether or not the thf had to get the last hit on the mob to have it work (pertaining to hnm battles), and the dev team said that as long as the thf is in the party/alliance, th is in effect. I'm sure this applies the same way with bst.
    Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
    ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

I doubt you have to attack the mob yourself for activating TH.

Comment

I agree.... having THF in the party should give the entire party the effect. Although there are some arguments as to is your pet really "in your party" since it does not show in your party list. In my exp it's really hard to see the difference with just THF1 anyway with out watching and counting closely.

With all that said my guess is you probably have the effect on your pet as well.

Good luck farming
        {Mikb}Human - 75-BST 37-WHM 42-RDM 37-NIN 17-BLM 17-WAR 15-THF 12-BRD 7-SMN

{Mikeb}Taru(mule for now) - 58-WHM 42-BRD31-BLM 5-BST 3-SMN 1-RNG 1-NIN

So many jobs... so little time ;( Bastok - Siren / Cooking lvl 62
        Full BST AF complete
        Limit 1 [X] Limit2 [X] Limit3 [X] Limit4 [X] Maat(Yay)

It's Nice to solo something as a 35 BST that gives my 58WHM a hard time to kill.

LS- Strikeforce /Kagedragons /BeastHut

Comment

You get TH effect ONLY if the guy with TH effect touches the target mob. I was farming in Zi'Tah with THF friend. So he had TH2 while I had nothing (came just for kicks and checking out Boyahda). We split the area to get more claims. While we werer fighting... I didn't get a single drop. He got like five or six. Every mob I killed just didn't drop a thing. I'm very sure when subbing THF you also have to take swing at the mob to get TH effect.

This is just my speculation though. I might be wrong but I continue to believe THF or /THF has to touch the target to get TH effect until someone proves me wrong.
          Kitfox / BST69/THF47/WHM42/NIN32
          Server: Siren / Linkshell: Aequitas

Comment

SE has stated before that the THF just needs to be in the party. Thats what they say. I can't find the freaking link now, but I'm sure someone can.
            66MNK | 37WAR | 22SAM | 20THF | 20BST | 18 NIN | 17BLM | 10WHM
            Cooking 69 / Fishing 48
            01 / 10 on Hoo Mjuu the Torrent (Monster Signa: O)
            01 / 08 on Mee Deggi the Punisher (Ochiumsha Kote:
            O)
            01 / 04 on Quu Domi the Gallant (Sarutobi Kyahan: O)

Comment

Originally posted by Kitfox
              You get TH effect ONLY if the guy with TH effect touches the target mob. I was farming in Zi'Tah with THF friend. So he had TH2 while I had nothing (came just for kicks and checking out Boyahda). We split the area to get more claims. While we werer fighting... I didn't get a single drop. He got like five or six. Every mob I killed just didn't drop a thing. I'm very sure when subbing THF you also have to take swing at the mob to get TH effect.

This is just my speculation though. I might be wrong but I continue to believe THF or /THF has to touch the target to get TH effect until someone proves me wrong.
              Don't know if the thf has to touch the mob, but my brain seems to want to say that they have to be within XP range for it to work. So I'll say that.

-sam
              "And NO sprinkles! For every sprinkle I find... I shall kill you." -Stewie Griffin

My job levels and goals.

Comment

When I sub thf and use jugs in low lvl areas both me and my pet will one shot everything. For awhile I thought the jug might not get good drop rates but after killing entire zones with one and then doing it solo a few times just to compare I'd say letting the jug kill the enemy doesn't reduce the drops.

36 War/15 Mnk/22 Thf/62 Pld/Bst 75/Nin 33/Whm 36/Blm 19/Cor 7
                Full Af X2 • Rank 8 • Alchemy 65

Comment

Originally posted by Kitfox

This is false. They covered this at the fan festival.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoronas
                    When I sub thf and use jugs in low lvl areas both me and my pet will one shot everything. For awhile I thought the jug might not get good drop rates but after killing entire zones with one and then doing it solo a few times just to compare I'd say letting the jug kill the enemy doesn't reduce the drops.
                    I'm with him. Way back when I farmed Bubu with a jug pet. Kills from just my pet without me touching the mob got just as many drops as if I did engage.
                    72+2 Bonecrafting (Bone Purification, Filing, Protective Spectacles, Boneworker's Apron)
                    60+1 Leathercraft (Leather Ensorcellment, Tanning, Tanner's Gloves)
                    53 Clothcraft
                    60 Woodworking (Lumberjack, Wood Ensorcellment)
                    60 Cooking (92+1 Mule)
                    58 Alchemy
                    40 Fishing (Frog Fishing, 3,704/10,000 MC for Lu Shang)
                    15 Smithing
                    5 Goldsmithing

Comment

FunguarFamiliar is a great killer when farming but I hate it so much that I almost never get any good drops (drops that I'm aiming for).

This is only from my experience. May vary from every BSTs out there.

So yeah... I dumped Funguar when I'm farming and use other cheap broths. Most of the time CC. Sometimes SaberSiravarde.

Once again, this is from my own experience. Not tested. Not Proven. Just me (Idont know about other BSTs).

Happy Farming XD
                      Gravityluke -The Elvaan Beast of Stolen Linkshell-

Comment

Originally posted by Omni-Ragnarok
                        This is false. They covered this at the fan festival.
                        Actually, no. They denied that the THF has to get the *last* hit. They didn't address the question of whether the THF has to get *at least one* hit *sometime* (or be on the monster's hate list with a nonzero amount of hate).

There's a lot of unresolved questions about TH:
                        1. Does the THF have to be in the killer's party (or person with claim's party, which may not be the same party), or just their alliance? And what about Dynamis, do all THFs in the zone count toward every mob?

2. Does it still work if the THF is afk, weakened or otherwise doesn't participate in the fight at all?

3. How do multiple THFs (or a mix of THFs and /THFs) work? Fully cumulative, only the single best THF, somewhere in between?

Some things that are known:
                        TH doesn't affect crystals, beastman seals, kindred seals, BCNM/ENM loot or the contents of treasure chests/coffers.
                        TH doesn't affect 100% drops (duh) - this includes monsters that are guaranteed to drop multiples of something, like Porphyrion.
                        It's not necessary for the THF to get the finishing blow for TH to work.
                        Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                        RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                        All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Avatars follow the same principles as jug pets as well though it doesn't truly belong here most things that affect avatars affect jugs

And TH ain't got ???? on either when i farmed with rdm/smn or used bst/thf from a friend

Main Jobs- Rdm 60 Smn 31 Bst 28 Blu 27

The Quetzlcoatl Gimp's SS Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Karinya
                            Actually, no. They denied that the THF has to get the *last* hit. They didn't address the question of whether the THF has to get *at least one* hit *sometime* (or be on the monster's hate list with a nonzero amount of hate).

There's a lot of unresolved questions about TH:
                            1. Does the THF have to be in the killer's party (or person with claim's party, which may not be the same party), or just their alliance? And what about Dynamis, do all THFs in the zone count toward every mob?

2. Does it still work if the THF is afk, weakened or otherwise doesn't participate in the fight at all?

3. How do multiple THFs (or a mix of THFs and /THFs) work? Fully cumulative, only the single best THF, somewhere in between?

Some things that are known:
                            TH doesn't affect crystals, beastman seals, kindred seals, BCNM/ENM loot or the contents of treasure chests/coffers.
                            TH doesn't affect 100% drops (duh) - this includes monsters that are guaranteed to drop multiples of something, like Porphyrion.
                            It's not necessary for the THF to get the finishing blow for TH to work.
                            reading too much into it i think.

for th to work do you need to fight the mob yourself? yes, it doesnt say you have to get the last strike, and it does omit whether or not you need to actually hit the mob too but from the phrasing of what the developer said: Fan Festival Recap Thread

Q: how does treasure hunter work?
                            A: ehhh... if he tells you too much, when he gets back to japan, he'll be dead. but not last strike. as long as thf in group, PT will feel the effects
                            i think trying to pick apart that wording like you are doing is a bit unnecessary. the developer quickly assured the person who posed the question that all you need is the thf in pt.

imo, whether or not the thf actually hits the mob is not really an issue nor does it make sense in game design. it makes more sense from a game design point of view, that once a thf is in your pt (alliance and multiple thf might warrant different behaviors but that isnt the question here) it probably increments the party's chance at loot, sort of like a lucky charm. you dont need to take your rabbits foot and rub it against the slot machine for it help you (if you believe in that stuff), just you having it is the whole point of the charm. hitting the mob doesnt make sense. if you want to go down that route or thinking, then we could further digress to: would a thf hitting the mob more make it better? no i highly doubt it.

th isnt something that fluxates or is varied according to action, its just a modifer that is applied once a thf enters your party, sort of like an buff, but you just dont see the icon. how would you explain thfs with th IV (th2 + thf knife + thf hands af2) still not making a noticeable effect on some of the rare drops? because in the end its still a % thats being applied. for example: 15% chance. there would still be that other 85% of it not dropping plus you need to consider the % of the drop itself.

thats my take on it anyways.

edit: added paragraphs for clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouijaman

So yeah... I dumped Funguar when I'm farming and use other cheap broths. Most of the time CC. Sometimes SaberSiravarde.
                              What world are you living in? Carries are 50-60k, and Siravardes are 50kish at all times on Asura. Funguars are 8k a stack from an M&P NPC in Kazham. I find your post to be a bit misleading to the less-informed BSTs of the world.

63 Beastmaster / 55 Thief
                              91 Alchemy / 69 Cooking / 60 Woodworking
                              60 Goldsmithing, 50 Smithing, 15 Leathercraft

Comment

Working...
                              X