This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just something I found kewl

The other night a few people in my linkshell where talking about going to 5-2 so me and another BST said we would go. So the final party setup looked like this:

2x 70/RDM/BLM
    2x 66/BST/WHM
    58/WHM/BLM
    59/WAR/NIN

When we get there and get ready to enter the fight we find out the WHM and WAR can not get in.

So we are like well what are we going to do now? Being my normal impatient self, after running for a little over an hour to get there, I pull out a Panzer and attack the Shadow Lord, the other BST pulls a CC, all the while the RDMs are going we need to exit what are you doing? At that point it was too late to do any thing other than see how bad we would get our butts kicked. Before we knew it we had him down to half life(at which point he is immune to physical damage) so the RDMs start casting on him. Soon enough he looses interest in our pets and starts to chase the RDMs while the other BST and I heal the RDM so they can keep casting. The Shadow Lord goes down but not before one of the RDM dies. In the few seconds before he respawns for the second round the other BST and I get fresh pets and try to get a few clicks on MP. The second part of the fight was a breeze, so we ended up beating the Shadow Lord with 2x 66/BST & 2x 70/RDM.

Sorry for the long post I just thought it was kewl that we actually pulled this fight out.

Re: Just something I found kewl

Nice Job!! People get suprised when they actually see a bst in action on these types of battle.

When i was 68ish i went in with a full balanced party. Everything went "ok" until the third form when he started spamming his AoE. After a few quick moments of thought i knew that we were going to wipe so i ran to the other side and watched the whole party die with my CC still alive and kicking. Party chat looked like this "oh we are screwed...only the bst left". Two CCs later you see a dead Shadow Lord and a barely alive BST.

The next run we decided to let my CC tank. He tanked all the way through the 2nd phase (yes i know the physical-immune phase) with 2 blms nuking the heck out of him.

That day many people found out what bst can pull off

Comment

Re: Just something I found kewl

nice i'll remember that when i got for 5-2 lol

62THF, 51WAR, 36NIN, 31BLU, 19SAM
      I am the taru that doesn't like any mage class; only brute strength comes from my heart and soul.
      Rank 6
      CoP Mission: The Lost City
      Zilart mission #4

Comment

Working...
      X