This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LVL 75 Bst End-Game Guide

Note: This guide will be updated a lot more. I have seen some people asking about lvl 75 and where to merit and such so I am posting it tonight. So in otherwords check back. If you notice any errors or have suggestions PM me or msg me. Also if you have any questions do the same. It's 2am right now and I'm to tired to edit grammar and spelling so forgive me. I'll fix it up sometime tommorow and add a lot more ^^. -Darkrain

Level 75 Beastmaster Guide

Well congratulations for being a level 75 bst. Now the job finally gets fun. Most people have no idea how to play bst at level 75, and hopefully this guide will give you some ideas on what to do.

How to handle misscharms

Misscharms suck and not many bst know how to handle them properly. Basically if you misscharm something in (charm fails) you should attempt to tame it right away. If this doesn’t work the best thing to do if you can is run around a natural obstacle. For example in most caves there are rocks you can run in circles around to avoid ever getting hit. In sky you can kite the mob around trees, bushes, and the obelisk looking things. You won’t get hit if you do it properly and you can charm through the obstacles usually. If you can’t kite around an obstacle try casting stoneskin right away to possibly minimize damage.

Experience and Merit points at level 75

The Boyahda Tree

Here the best camp is right where the cloister of storms zone is. What you do is charm Korrigan or Steelshell and pull an Elder Goobbue to the waterfall. Do not enter the path to the cloister of storms because there is a Steelshell there. Make sure you have sneak on when running past Steelshell because they do agro sound. An equal match Korrigan should be able to take out any Goobbue alone. If you can’t find an equal match Korrigan just use 2 pets, like 1 crab then one fly, or 1 dc Korrigan and then 1 fly. Before starting each fight cast stoneskin on yourself so if you do swap pets you don’t take much damage. In a worst case scenario, just run to the zone.

Exp here is a little slow solo but if you find a duo partner it’s extremely fast. Solo I get around 4000 exp an hour and duo around 6-8k depending on how good my partner is and how tired I am.

Ru’Aun Gardens

Flamingos

This is probably the best place to level at 75, just because it is extremely easy, has almost no danger at all, and requires almost no attention. All you do here is find a spot with flamingos and then run around killing them all. Charm a flamingo, send it to attack a flamingo, wait for it to hit the flamingo 3 times, and then engage. When it’s nearing death release and just use rampage. Occasionally your flamingo might die first so in that case just use rampage. What you should do while doing this is watch anime/DVDs, study for school, do homework, learn about world poverty, troll message boards, or anything else you think you can do in the time period it take to kill a flamingo. You will get TONS of kindred seals and beastmen seals so you will have a chance at making a lot of profit too. Usually I get about 2000 exp an hour here without empress band. Oh and if you start to get hit, turn around for a few seconds and then turn back.

My new tactic: Since I never actually get hit doing this I am leveling up corsair to 37 as a subjob. I intend to use it for corsairs roll (for extra exp) and possible the +pet atk and +pet acc rolls (puppetmaster and beastmaster)

Spots to level: When you enter and warp down, there’s a good spot (but hnmls usually kill them at night times). The next good spot is straight ahead; remember not to walk off the long pathway between dolls on the way there unless you want death. On most islands (maybe every one) on the second level, both to the north and to the south where the switches are to open portals, there are 6 flamingos. These are all good spots. Northern Genbu island (I-5) is really pretty so if you are a girl or a guy who like flowers a lot I suggest you head there, lots of flowers and bushes in which you can fight in.

Sprinklers

No, these will not make your mithra wet or your girlfriend’s equipment see-through, but they are fairly decent to exp off of. So here what you do is you send a flamingo to fight a sprinkler. Next you /sit and watch it smack the pot around. Then when it’s at about 75% hp release, charm something else, send it after the pot. Wait for the flamingo to hit it a few times and engage. Release near the end and rampage. Pots have AOE magic and this annoying move that eats stuff like blink and uses gravity on you. I tried buying 2 arete-del-sol (earrings) to help against this but they were useless so I don’t suggest wasting your gil (2million on Kujata x_x).

My opinion of these is that they suck, I hate aoe I hate gravity and I hate magic pots. Some people seem to like this (and probably have some different strategies), so that’s why I put it here. Understand I never fight these because they don’t seem worth the trouble for me.

Spots to level: Anywhere with flamingos and pots, same basic spots as the flamingos really.

Dolls

Dolls go boom.. When Dolls go boom you usually die or go into red hp. Therefore if you fight dolls you should probably expect to die or have a whm sub. You CAN run from them when they go boom but its very risky and its pointless. If you want to solo dolls use 2 flamingos and release after it blows up. If you release as its blowing up it will stop blowing up. Make sure to stand back, far back, at all times.

Duo here is awesome, send 2 flamingos and wait for it to blow. If it doesn’t release at like 2% and hit it to death. Easy. Or another duo strategy is have 2 birds and both bst hitting the doll and one bst releases whenever its about to explode and then recharms and continues.

Best camp for this is straight ahead from entrance by despot, especially if you want to make gil. Kill the dolls in the little holes in that long hallway (don’t step off the path) and then when despot pops kill him. Just use flamingo after flamingo to take him down.

Exp here solo is 2000 - 3000 exp an hour maybe, or less, or more, depending on amount they blow up.

Exp here duo is about 2000 - 3000 exp an hour also

Arrapago Reef

Well I explored for days when the new expansion came out and I found the best spot I have been to so far for exp in Arrapago Reef. Basically you use leeches against imps, or leeches against merall (those hot mermaid things). Go to http://www.ffxi-atlas.com/nav/?act=s...=arrapago-reef and look on the second map. The camp I was at was by G-8, past 5 or so imps at G9. You walk right past them (dodge them or use the 2 leeches before to take them out) and then right past them is a ship thing. Camp on the ledge there and use leeches vs. imps and leeches vs. Merall. I got about 6-7k exp here fighting imps the second day of the expansions release.

Caedarva Mire

Ok this exp spot rocks!!!!! You need to sub Whitemage for this and make sure you have gaudy harness or some way to regen mp. Go to the tunnel at J-8 after you exit east or north of Nashmau and use sheep vs sheep (karakuls or something). Basically your goal is NOT the exp from the sheep. It is the exp from the chigoe that the sheep pop. These give 30 exp+ each and usually 2-4 are spawned per fight. What this means is that you will get 60 – 120 exp from the chigoe pops PLUS the 100exp or so from the sheep kill.

So to do this start at full health, and cast stoneskin on yourself. Charm a sheep and send it after another sheep. Run to the tunnel or far enough away so that you can’t see your pets hp and heal mp. Run up and look for a chigoe (the sheep spawn them as a tp attack). If you see one kill it, they usually die in 3-4 hits, often before stoneskin even wears. Run back, cure + stoneskin again, heal mp, then run up again and find one and kill it. Repeat as much as necessary and depending on the fight between sheep, either release and rampage or run up and fight for 5 hits and then release and rampage. The chigoe will never attack your pet, they will start heading to where you are. Watch the ground to see if they are coming (you wont see their name but you will see them hopping). If they get to close, run into the middle of the tunnel. The tunnel is the best camp really because in a worse case scenario you can charm a leech.

This should net you 3000-4000 exp an hour or more, depending on how many other people are killing the chigoe as they run by.

MountZhayolm

This place is fairly decent to exp but a little dangerous. Here what you want to do is have crawlers vs. pugils at H-9. Crawlers agro sound and pugils agro sight and at night time annoying ghosts spawn which agro to sound as well as low hp. I got about 4000 exp an hour here.

Inside the Gates of Halvung there are a few great spots for duos or even soloing, with leeches on Trolls. The only problem is that you have to deal with a lot of hot swaps if you are soloing. (Contributed by Puppypizzle)

Also on the eastern part of the shore a ??? spawns under a tree which should give you a key thing to open the huge gates of Halvung, so check for that occasionally because it seems a lot of people have trouble getting it.

BibikiBay

Ok this place has way to many people so I tend to avoid it but for anyone who wants to try it, soloing in the first area with Tropical Rarabs vs Catoblepas seems to work well and for duo, move to the next area where the Catoblepas are higher level. These areas from what I hear are really good exp but again there tend to be a lot of people leveling here making it a bit annoying for bst.

Riverene Site #A01/#B01 / other capped areas

Basically most capped areas you can solo in near the beginning where the mobs tend to be DC – VT. The exp can be pretty good but often in these areas a bst duo or trio works best. When I get some more information on this I’ll post it.

How to make millions of gil!

YOU CAN CHARM! Always remember that because it is often the key to getting rich. That and you can use courier carries. The easiest path to money for Beastmasters is KS30 and BCNM40. No one in the game gets nearly the amount of seals that bst do, and these seals can make you millions of gil. On my server (Kujata) peacock charm fluctuates between 17mil and 30mil. Leveling in areas like sky where you fight all dc birds very fast can net you an easy 30 Kindred seals per day (if you level about 6 hours or so) if you are lucky. You can also get many beastmen seals.

The Seal Way

Under Observation (peacock charm, Utsusemi: Ni, Erase)

BCNM 40

Star Orb

Location = Horlais Peak

To get there = North San’doria >> West Ronfaure >> Ghelsba Outpost >> Yughott Grotto >> Fort Ghelsba >> Yughott Grotto >> Horlais Peak

What to do on the way there: Occasionally wide scan for NMs.. You’re a bst, might as well check to make some extra gil on the way.

This fight allows only 3 people to enter and caps them at 40. The easiest way to win is to go with 2 ninja and 1 bst. There are 2 little eyes and one big NM eye. (eyes being hakutaku type mobs). Bst calls jug pet, sends it after the big eye, heels and runs down the hill as the 2 ninjas take hate from one little eye each. Nin’s solo the little eyes while standing backwards in order to not be hit by paralyze (using elemental wheel, so like the elemental magic spells in the order so that when you use one it weakens the eye to the next one you use), while bst kites the big eye to the bottom. At the bottom the bst puts his jugpet on the big eye, and runs up to the top. When the 2 little eyes have been killed the bst heels his pet and the 2 nins solo the big eye in a similar way to the little eyes. Droprate on Peacock charm seems to be 1/8 with a ¼ chance of either erase or utsusemi: ni.

Operation Desert Storm (Venomous Claw, Orichalcum Ingot, Damascus Ingot, Damascene Ingot)

Kindred Seal 30

Lachesis Orb

Location = Waughroon Shrine

To get there = Port Bastok >> North Gustaberg >> Palborough Mines >> Waughroon Shrine

You should go on this fight with 4 blms and split gil with them. The blms should know what to do and this KS is often shouted for in Jeuno so it will be easy for you to join a run. I would say the most fair deal is you pick one of the expensive items and if that drops you get it, any other expensive items drop and they are split, and all normal/ 1mil items go to you. This is a sure-fire way to make a few million gil quickly.

The Farming Way

Farming is a very easy way to make gil. The best time to attempt to make a lot of gil is right after updates where new items are released. Often these items are released in places people rarely go and places that bst can easily abuse. For example last summer Silica was released in an expansion in Phomiuna Aqueducts. I was able to make 3mil a day with little effort here (at the time 3mil bought a haubergeon/hauberk). On a note I was nice and monopolized the Silica market selling them for 90k each, while on other servers they were selling 500k each, so you can see the potential profit. Only bst could really farm these successfully and fast and it was very easy to abuse it and monopolize the entire market. With the new expansion Wamoura could easily be farmed by bst, although a bit slowly. On many servers their drops were going for 300k+ each (500k on Kujata at one point). Also the new fungaurs in Aydeewa Subterrane dropped a certain food ingredient that was selling on Kujata for 30k+ each and very often. Being a bst you can explore new areas, find new drops, and monopolize the markets. Right now my best suggestion is to go into Wajaom Woodlands and abuse spiders for spider webs. I was getting 10 drops an hour and selling them for 20k+ each. Merall can be killed by bst and exp’d off of (see Arrapago Reef leveling info) and I think they drop Merall Scales which were going for 300k each on multiple servers when the expansion came out. My point is that as a bst when new items are released quickly try and find them (they are often posted on crafting boards) and then monopolize the markets. If you see other bst attempting the same team up and just up the selling price. If you control most of the supply the crafters will pay for it. This may seem immoral or mean but this is how the economy works, and as a bst it is a very easy way to profit fairly. Its better you do it then let the CGF’s do it.

More coming soon (Maybe a new thread since I hit the limit) Check back!
    Last edited by Darkrain; 05-08-2006, 11:59 AM.

Re: LVL 75 Bst End-Game Guide

I'm excited about levelling BST again now =D Great guide^^

Comment

Nice guide

Inside the Gates of Halvung there are a few great spots for duos or even soloing, with leeches on Trolls. The only problem is that you have to deal with a lot of hot swaps if you are soloing.

Comment

Thanks ^^ puppy, I added it :p.

Comment

Great Info thanks, I personally do love Dolls in sky, hehe, they're great because of there low hp and Vit. Flamigos there take them down Fast. Sometimes go there and use Exp ring, 3,000 to 4,000 exp an hour usually. Gonna have to try out Tree again too, never tried by Cloister, only the big room with the tree, hated that area with no people Skilling up, lol. Gotta go check out those Expasnion pack camps. =D Arrapago Reef camp looks like it'll be great!
          75 Bst/37Nin/37Whm
          Leather 86.6 Smithing 30 Goldsmithing 20
          65k/100k on Apron... I'm to cheap with Gp items. )=

Comment

cloister is in the big room with the tree, its just a really safe camp where goobbue are easily accessable.

Comment

Ru’Aun Gardens

Flamingos

This is probably the best place to level at 75, just because it is extremely easy, has almost no danger at all, and requires almost no attention. All you do here is find a spot with flamingos and then run around killing them all. Charm a flamingo, send it to attack a flamingo, wait for it to hit the flamingo 3 times, and then engage. When it’s nearing death release and just use rampage. Occasionally your flamingo might die first so in that case just use rampage. What you should do while doing this is watch anime/DVDs, study for school, do homework, learn about world poverty, troll message boards, or anything else you think you can do in the time period it take to kill a flamingo. You will get TONS of kindred seals and beastmen seals so you will have a chance at making a lot of profit too. Usually I get about 2000 exp an hour here without empress band. Oh and if you start to get hit, turn around for a few seconds and then turn back.

My new tactic: Since I never actually get hit doing this I am leveling up corsair to 37 as a subjob. I intend to use it for corsairs roll (for extra exp) and possible the +pet atk and +pet acc rolls (puppetmaster and beastmaster)

Spots to level: When you enter and warp down, there’s a good spot (but hnmls usually kill them at night times). The next good spot is straight ahead; remember not to walk off the long pathway between dolls on the way there unless you want death. On most islands (maybe every one) on the second level, both to the north and to the south where the switches are to open portals, there are 6 flamingos. These are all good spots. Northern Genbu island (I-5) is really pretty so if you are a girl or a guy who like flowers a lot I suggest you head there, lots of flowers and bushes in which you can fight in.
              With this stratagy i've gotten about 70k exp @75. Its actually really nice for skilling up your weapons as well. I usually go /nin so just mix in a weapon you don't use that much like a sword/dagger. If a weapon is about @100+ skill wise its lvls up here pretty fast. I almost maxed my sword lvling here on birds. Also don't forget that axe of trail that you need 300 + kills to unlock ~_-

Another piece of advice i have is the guady harness + rune axe combo here when you are /nin. One rune axe is all you really need for those stray hits that actually hit you. After a while i didn't even need to cast utisimi to block all damage. The most you ever get hit for would be about 250 if you get unlucky but after a battle and constant regen you get most of that back.

But the main hardcore reason i go to sky is despot. Killing dolls for exp is ok but honestly killing birds is much faster than killing dolls/pots. Start killing the main stationary dolls on the main island to get him to pop. Usually no one really camps him so just start hacking away at 2 of them and alternate between the two. Takes about 1-15 kills if despot is ready to pop. Once he's popped find a spot with LOTS O BIRDS and start chucking them at him. Despot is another good reason why /nin is god here. hitting for over 250 & double attacking he can tear through any blink/stoneskin in a heart beat.

Despot drops the 2nd best scythe a bst can carry (rare) and also drops the gem of the west (always). Gem of the west is used to spawn a god in sky so is very popular with the hnmls's on any server of all race and ethnicacy. Usually goes for about 700k to 1m(if you are lucky to find a buyer ^_^).

2000/ hour is the most i've gotten off birds w/o ring.
              Last edited by Patrian; 05-08-2006, 04:40 AM. Reason: addition of material.

Comment

Nice thread! Keep it coming

I hit 75 not too long ago and have not leveled a lot since. Spending most of my time trying to make money and level NIN and WAR for subs. This will be a nice guide to use when I am finally ready to Merit and have some lv 75 fun.
                75 Beastmaster

Comment

Very nice. Even more motivation to hit 75 now, especially to do some of the new areas.
                  72+2 Bonecrafting (Bone Purification, Filing, Protective Spectacles, Boneworker's Apron)
                  60+1 Leathercraft (Leather Ensorcellment, Tanning, Tanner's Gloves)
                  53 Clothcraft
                  60 Woodworking (Lumberjack, Wood Ensorcellment)
                  60 Cooking (92+1 Mule)
                  58 Alchemy
                  40 Fishing (Frog Fishing, 3,704/10,000 MC for Lu Shang)
                  15 Smithing
                  5 Goldsmithing

Comment

Originally posted by Darkrain
                    cloister is in the big room with the tree, its just a really safe camp where goobbue are easily accessable.
                    Wow.. I spend 64-71 there on Bst and never once found the zone to cloister there, haha. Always thought it was further in. >_>
                    75 Bst/37Nin/37Whm
                    Leather 86.6 Smithing 30 Goldsmithing 20
                    65k/100k on Apron... I'm to cheap with Gp items. )=

Comment

I added some ways to make gil. Going to do a lot more wedsnday night and possible complete the guide, When that happens I will make a new thread I think since I reached the character limit.

Comment

The spot in Arrapargo Reef where you fight the imps seems to be a good spot and relatively safe. I would avoid the Qutrab (sp) if possible as they have a ton of HP. It took a pet swap even though the leeches were hitting it for over 100 ever hit. But the leeches tear through the Lamia, Imps, and skeles there.

EDIT: Not only are the imps true sight, they also aggro magic.
                        Last edited by GoingPostal; 05-09-2006, 08:34 AM.
                        Name: Treabor
                        Server : Fenrir
                        Linkshell: NightStalkers / WildeCards / BombToss
                        Jobs: BST75-NIN75-RDM71-WHM41-BLM37-WAR37-THF30-MNK30-SMN24-DRK1-SAM1-DRG1-PLD1-RNG1-BRD1

"I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence" - Ricky Bobby

Comment

Working...
                        X