This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crafts for BST

I was thinking the most obvious would be Bonecraft since most of the materials are from mobs but the profit may not be as good. I am just wondering what craft I should take up that would give me a fair amount of profit but not take a huge chunk to start up. Which craft goes with BST the best is what I am asking.

Re: Crafts for BST

I leveled both Cooking and Leathercraft. Cooking was cheap and the ability to make juice in the field is very convenient. Also, if you're cooking level is moderately high, you can make and HQ your own jugs. Leathercraft, on the other hand, I leveled because I just wanted to do something with all the skins I kept getting. It also increases the profitability of my farming sessions.

This is just what worked for me.

Comment

Yeah id have to go with cooking for BST, make your own food for your bets, own jugs and juices

Which FF Character Are You?

And you, wich Final Fantasy character do you resemble?

Comment

cooking for practicality, leathercrafiting if you want to get RICH!. You can farm so much stuff as bst for leathercraft and make 2mil an hour ^^
        Last edited by Darkrain; 05-06-2006, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Alchemy and Woodworking both are stable profit overtime. But then again I am bit biased in my opinion.
          NIN 75 RDM 65 RNG 59 BST 60
          Main: Woodworking 99.4+3
          Mule A: Alchemy 100+3

Comment

Hmmm leathercraft makes alot of sense....I also have cooking already near 40 I believe...haven't checked since I start back playing yesterday. One reason I was leveling cooking was specifically for jugs as you all said. Leathercraft seems pretty profitable as well. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

with leathercraft you can level off things like lizards and such for long periods of time and get exp while you make a couple 100k per hour (probably less actually since it would take you a bit to kill them) sything the skins and stuff ^^.

Comment

Can't deny the usefullness of Cooking. I'm personally doing Clothcraft tho. Mostly for the reason I want to sign my friend a Noble's Tunic someday. And my own Vermy for Brd.

San d'Oria 8-2 :: ZM14 :: PM Storms of Fate :: ToAU 15
                Want an Optical Hat? 1M (Your cluster) / 2.5M (Cluster suplied). /tell Cesario, Firedevil, or Duong. (Siren)

Comment

Probably one of the less common ones-- but Goldsmithing! I just recently got it to level 50 on my other character, and let me tell you, I've been making insane profits-- even off low level synths! :D As a BST, you can make it through areas such as Ifrits Cauldron to get to the mineing points, and when you get all the items and seals that drop when you EXP, funding GS isn't a problem anymore. Dunno about you, but I didn't mind making a 50-350k profit off *one* stack of gold ignots. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Aletta
                    Probably one of the less common ones-- but Goldsmithing! I just recently got it to level 50 on my other character, and let me tell you, I've been making insane profits-- even off low level synths! :D As a BST, you can make it through areas such as Ifrits Cauldron to get to the mineing points, and when you get all the items and seals that drop when you EXP, funding GS isn't a problem anymore. Dunno about you, but I didn't mind making a 50-350k profit off *one* stack of gold ignots. ^^
                    Oooh, that's a good one, might want to keep it under your hat though. The more people there are in your racket the less you'll make. Just saying~

But I was going to suggest Leathercraft for the same reasons previously mentioned. Also, farming with Jug pets is great! Those guys tear EP/Too weak to shreads! My Funguar was doing around 200DMG per hit on Raptors on Meriphitaud(sp?) Mountains!
                    sigpic

Comment

I myself am a cook, though I've been very occasionally dabbling in Alchemy (primarily to level my sub to make Snoll Gelato, but It obviously has other uses). Cooking is a great field. Nothing beats making some cheap carrot broths to farm stuff up.

Of course, Woodworking (for beetles/Panzers) and Leathercraft are good ideas too. I know I get a little peeved at the excess skins at times (oh lord, you'd cry if you've found out how many hides I've pitched for lack of usefulness)

I'd say find out which crafts are most useful to your character in everyday activities, then leave the rest to mules. Sure, you might have issues with inventory during exp sessions, but that's what Gobbybags are for.

Comment

I would toss a vote for cooking in as well. Being able to make all your jug pets and all your food as needed, I would think, would be quite handy.
                        Buteo
                        Midgardsormr
                        Rank 10 Sandy
                        RotZ: 14, CoP: Complete, ToAU: Mission 8
                        75whm/75smn/40blm/22rdm/15bst/15thf/9war/7rng/5brd
                        Cooking: 100 (Raw Fish Handling, Patissier, Stewpot Mastery, Noodle Kneading)
                        Woodworking: 60 (Lumberjack)
                        Alchemy: 60
                        Bonecraft: 60
                        Clothcraft: 53; Leathercraft: 42; Goldsmithing: 42; Fishing: 42; Smithing: 32

Comment

I will say from experience, there isn't a lot of profit to made from Bonecrafting unless you are HQing the few equips that are in demand. I can make more money from my other crafts that are 60 or below than I can with Bone. There is just very little that Bonecrafters make that is wanted except some high level endgame equipment, or stuff that every Bonecrafter and their brother makes like Beetle Armor. I'm sticking with Bone just because I like it personally.
                          72+2 Bonecrafting (Bone Purification, Filing, Protective Spectacles, Boneworker's Apron)
                          60+1 Leathercraft (Leather Ensorcellment, Tanning, Tanner's Gloves)
                          53 Clothcraft
                          60 Woodworking (Lumberjack, Wood Ensorcellment)
                          60 Cooking (92+1 Mule)
                          58 Alchemy
                          40 Fishing (Frog Fishing, 3,704/10,000 MC for Lu Shang)
                          15 Smithing
                          5 Goldsmithing

Comment

Oooh, that's a good one, might want to keep it under your hat though. The more people there are in your racket the less you'll make. Just saying~
                            Eh, I don't mind sharing it, especially with a BST community. :D But most people are afraid to level it, as it is a pure loss of gil if you go about it the wrong way. But if you know what to use to level and are very, and I mean VERY patient, its a handome profit. ^^

Comment

get a little of all of the crafts. Every craft is really useful @60. But if i were to trade my 97+2 alchemy for 100 cooking i'd do it in a heartbeat. Cooking is awesome esspically at high lvls and is probably the most useful. But any craft is useful as long as you know how to use it to make money because thats really what is all about.

Comment

Working...
                              X