This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beastmaster subjob

What subjob do most beastmasters take and why?
    Could anyone tell me what weapons and other items are required for a end-game BST. Any links are appreciated.

Thx

Re: Beastmaster subjob

/WHM:
    -Status effect removal spells (-na)
    -Status effect and elemental resistance spells (bar-ra)
    -Able to cure yourself
    -Blink and Stoneskin at later levels
    -Sneak and Invisible (for mobility; can allow you to fight mobs with only a pet in high aggro areas)
    -Regen spell
    -Auto-regen
    -Divine Seal for much needed cures
    -Clear mind for recovering MP quickly
    -Reraise (much later on)

/NIN:
    -Dual wield for more TP and possibly higher damage
    -Utsusemi for guaranteed blinks against mob attacks (nice to have if you mischarm or take mob hate frequently)
    -Tonko for invisible
    -Other debuff tools

WHM subjob is the most popular due to its obvious versatility. I wouldn't go with a NIN subjob unless you were in a duo, trio, or party of some kind, or if you were farming or soloing lower level mobs. NIN could be more advantageous for soloing at BST74+ for obvious reasons.
    Kurgan @ Ramuh
    NIN75, PLD75, BST75, WHM75
    TrionsDeathCrew linkshell leader
    Ranks: Sandoria(10) Bastok(9) Windurst(8)
    On ZM14, CoP missions completed.
    Leather 92.8+1, Cloth 60, Smithing 45, Alchemy 27

Comment

Originally posted by Kurgan
      -Dual wield for more damage and possibly higher tp.
      correction.
      "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Hmmm...choosing a BST sub...well, let me make a few suggestions...

WHM, WHM, WHM, or WHM...or possibly even WHM.

Take your pick. ~_^
        All Nations: Rank 10
        Rise of the Zilart: Complete
        Chains of Promathia: Complete
        75 BRD/75 WHM/75 BLM/75 MNK/75 RDM/57 DRK/40 THF/39 WAR/37 NIN & SMN/All the rest < 37

What to level next? (DRK!)

Comment

Wouldn't Red Mage be viable?
          "I'm up for anything, as long as it doesn't get me killed."

~Lycosius

Comment

Rdm would be, however whm is just standard. With whm you get some very useful utility spells and you get most of your cure spells @ earlier lvls ( i.e. CureIII @ 42 bst/ 21 whm whereas with rdm its lvl 52bst/ 26 rdm.) Plus Divine Seal + Cure III is probably a life saver ( only 17 bst atm so i wouldt know yet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kurgan
              /WHM:
              -Status effect removal spells (-na)
              -Status effect and elemental resistance spells (bar-ra)
              -Able to cure yourself
              -Blink and Stoneskin at later levels
              -Sneak and Invisible (for mobility; can allow you to fight mobs with only a pet in high aggro areas)
              -Regen spell
              -Auto-regen
              -Divine Seal for much needed cures
              -Clear mind for recovering MP quickly
              -Reraise (much later on)
              this is why /whm is the best sub for bst. more exp per hour due to the fact you dont have to heal 900+ hp, only 139 mp, with clear mind, an a dark staff takes little time. an all those who say nin should fight some gobs, or gob pets in an area were a gob bomb can take 750 hp.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

White Mage appears to be best for almost everything, doesn't it.
                "I'm up for anything, as long as it doesn't get me killed."

~Lycosius

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderKing
                  White Mage appears to be best for almost everything, doesn't it.
                  If you're soloing, yes.

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
                  Personality Tests

Comment

The whm is the best option for a BST^^.

Comment

/whm is better than /rdm for bst because of poisona, and similar spells. also, you get the next-tier cures sooner,etc...

bst chooses a mage subjob so he can keep himself healed. /whm is just better at doing that.

of course, if you're soloing, you can pick any sub you want. Go /drg and nobody will care^^. im just saying that /whm is the safest, and will reduce downtime the most.

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
                      Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
                      I live to entertain!

Comment

I have a question though, at 64 BST wouldnt rdm become viable say for faster kills? You could dispell mobs and therefor take away evasion bonuses and def bonuses or attack bonuses therefor having your pet last longer and kill faster? Just a though if anyone has tried please let me know, also phalanx but u loose erase. To me it seems like there are advantages and disadvantages.

Comment

Originally posted by SAVAGE
                          I have a question though, at 64 BST wouldnt rdm become viable say for faster kills? You could dispell mobs and therefor take away evasion bonuses and def bonuses or attack bonuses therefor having your pet last longer and kill faster? Just a though if anyone has tried please let me know, also phalanx but u loose erase. To me it seems like there are advantages and disadvantages.
                          You wouldn't notice the amount of time you'd save in killing a mob. Those bonuses don't make as big of a differance when fighting a T or VT as they would when you're in a party fighting an IT. Add the fact that your downtime will increase because you won't have things like Reraise, Erase, and -na spells, it really doesn't even out.

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
                          Personality Tests

Comment

i like whm for the solo ability. but if you get to a point where you get stuck and are having trouble and want to party then use mnk or war. rdm is nice as well, but really not as effective as whm. but play whatever you feel comfortable with. remember, this is only advice for what worked for us.

Comment

Working...
                            X