Why am I getting so many resists? o.o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I getting so many resists? o.o

Hey I have a question about song resists, specifically elegy and lullaby.

I'm a level 54 bard and I seem to have trouble landing lullaby and elegy on exp mobs. I have capped wind skill (I actually have 2 Nereid rings, so my skill is capped 6 levels above where it would be for someone my level without the rings) and about +16 CHR. I use Light Staff for Lullaby, Requiem, and Finale, and I use Earth Staff for Elegy. I have recently been asked to pull as /nin quite frequently and it's rather embarrassing and can cause some serious issues when neither my Foe Lullaby or Horde Lullaby stick the first time and it takes me 3 or 4 tries to land elegy successfully.

Please provide some insight into what my issues may be.

I have a feeling it is a Charisma deficit and I am going to purchase a Jester's Cape +1 for an additional +10 CHR bringing my CHR to +26

Thanks in advance to any constructive answers,

Maeru

Re: Why am I getting so many resists? o.o

If you're facing Colibri, they have a strong affinity to light based magic, so Lullaby can be hard to stick when you're well below their level. Then those lil bastards are also magic resistant on top of that.

Investing in a Jester's Cape +1 would be wise regardless of what you're facing, so definitely pick one up. Look into some Melody Earrings as well.

The main thing is you're stuck in a situation where people are trying to apply higher level tactics to a lower level situation. Its going to be something you'll face a lot of from here on out. /NIN sub, too, unfortunately. So load up on the CHR, Haste,Evasion and Wind Skill gear as you can and get ready to finish NIN to 37 if you haven't already.

Word of advice regarding Colibri: After they stop being called "Lesser Colibri" stop using Horde Lullaby. These guys like to mimic spells at higher levels and a BRD sleeping their own PT is kinda embarrassing.

As for Elegy, grab an earth staff if you haven't already. You'll still see resists at times, but it should be less troublesome.

Comment

Concur with the above post. Also, I noticed my resist rate got better when I went to Terra's/Apollo's. If you have the resources, consider picking those up.
      sigpic
      Mains: 75 RNG/MNK/BLM/BLU/NIN/SAM/BRD
      Proud Sackholder: Celestial Guardians, Legacy of Old

Comment

Are you using a Horn +1 and Mary's Horn?
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
        X