Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRD with BLU ?

Hi all,

My BRD is currently level 24 and is using WHM as subjob. I have just recently finished my access quest for Aht Urhgan and was thinking about trying the quest for the BLU job and was wondering if it would be any good as a sub for my BRD job. Someone in my linkshell swears by BLU job and they use it as subjob for a lot of their other jobs everything from SAM with BLU to RDM with BLU they say you get stat bonuses from having BLU as a subjob.

I searched on google but couldn't find anything about BRD with BLU subjob. Do you think this would be a viable subjob to have? I'm not worried about finding parties as a BRD with BLU (I still have my WHM subjob for that) BRD with BLU subjob for me would be a fun thing for when I am forced to play alone due to lack of party invites or needing to make some money.

I apologise if this question has been asked before but I was unable to search these forums due to the spam filter image not recognising the letters and numbers I typed (i tried 4 times).

Thanks in advance

Rosalita.

Re: BRD with BLU ?

I've never tried it, but it seems that it might work well. You'd have Cocoon to raise your defense, Pollen and the drain spells to heal yourself (and later Magic Carrot), and damage spells for more damage if that's what you want. And bonuses to whatever stat you want. And a slow (Sprout Smack) that stacks with elegy when you get it.

You might find it more effective after 25 when you have Mage's Ballad, though. Otherwise you might end up having to sit a lot to regain your MP.
    Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
    RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
    All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

a fun thing for when I am forced to play alone due to lack of party invites
      poor DRG.
      Oh wait, you said BRD?
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Jei View Post
        poor DRG.
        Oh wait, you said BRD?
        XD

jei that hurt...

brd/blu hmm thats an intresting idea i may have to give it a shot this weekend.
        [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

It doesn't sound very practical at all.

You gain very few if any beneficial spells to the party, most of which if offensive (like Headbutt) will miss due to low Blue Magic skill.

For early level soloing though I can see it being somewhat useful. Perhaps ballista too?
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
            You gain very few if any beneficial spells to the party, most of which if offensive (like Headbutt) will miss due to low Blue Magic skill.
            That's not entirely accurate; physical Blue Magic spells' accuracy is based on your accuracy with the weapon you have equipped, even from /BLU. That said, Headbutt's stun rate will be drastically lower from /BLU, compared to BLU.

By the way, Malacite,
            Originally posted by Enchantrix View Post
            BRD with BLU subjob for me would be a fun thing for when I am forced to play alone due to lack of party invites or needing to make some money.
            ... The OP was referring to having some fun while solo'ing/farming. She has /WHM ready for her BRD's partying needs.

Edit:

Just speculations, but...

BRD/BLU solo'ing
            Better defense, and still have curing spells. Physical attack spells can add to the damage output, but the small MP pool cannot sustain heavy usage. Don't expect enfeebs to land/proc.

BRD/WHM solo'ing
            Earlier access to each level of cures, and -na spells for status removal. Still have defense potential (Protect, Stoneskin, Blink), but adds nothing to offense besides Dia.

It may be worthwhile to not that Wild Carrot (BLU30) doesn't seem have cap on MND modification on healing potency, while Cure III (WHM21) does.
            Last edited by ItazuraNhomango; 04-12-2007, 04:16 PM.
            Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
            yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
            Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
            leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Working...
            X