Brd/Drk (situational only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brd/Drk (situational only)

Ok so i know rdm's are sometimes asked to /drk for the whole chainspell stun thing, and i know that sometimes other jobs are asked to /drk for stun, but has anyone looked at /drk for brd in certain situations? I mean we could stun just as well as someone else? no? thoughts?

RNG67 BRD66 THF55 NIN35 WHM31 RDM35 WAR24 PLD30

Re: Brd/Drk (situational only)

Originally posted by qaitakalnin
    Ok so i know rdm's are sometimes asked to /drk for the whole chainspell stun thing, and i know that sometimes other jobs are asked to /drk for stun, but has anyone looked at /drk for brd in certain situations? I mean we could stun just as well as someone else? no? thoughts?
    DRK sub can work for RDM and BLM because they have enfeebling, dark, and elemental magic skills. A BRD does not. As such, when ever you attempt to cast the DRK spells you will be using a Magic Skill that is the equivilent of a job that is half your lvl.

So, a BRD/DRK can NOT stun just as well as someone else. It would most likely get resisted.

REGENSHIRE / CARBUNCLE SERVER - TheAMC Linkshell / Creator of The Final Fantasy Opera & Seeds of Discord
    BRD 75 / WHM 44 / BLM 22 / RDM 18 / WAR 18

Comment

No. Bards have no naitive Dark Magic Skill, so imagine a 37 DRK trying to stun a 75+ monster. Belive it or not, stun can be resisted.
      Originally posted by Ellipses
      Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
      Originally posted by MCLV
      A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
      More Sig:

Comment

Oh ok, i knew stun could be resisted, and that some mobs are just flat not stunnable, what i didnt know is what that resist rate would be. So in the end it is not viable in any situation. I had orginally thought could be like that 1 extra stun you have just in case, but i guess not.

RNG67 BRD66 THF55 NIN35 WHM31 RDM35 WAR24 PLD30

Comment

I sub DRK in sky as a THF and never resist on the 4 gods >_> I'm sure other HNMs may resist though, earth based ones. But I've never had a problem with the 4 sky gods.

Comment

IMO stun from blm, drk, or rdm/drk works well because of the near-100% success rate. It's my understanding that, like dispel, the resist rate on stun is very very low and can actually work from a subjob. Therefore it isn't completely stupid to try out bard/dark as part of the stun cycle. However, I wouldn't do it unless you're LS has serious issues with not having enough people for the stun cycle.
            Crafts 520/520+5: Bone 100+3, Leather 60+1, Alchemy 60+1, Others: 60
            Bard: Making 5 people better than 6 one party at a time.
            Beastmaster: It's not a mindless killing machine, it's my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by tordall
              I wouldn't do it unless you're LS has serious issues with not having enough people for the stun cycle.
              My thoughts exactly.
              BLM75 RNG65 BRD50 NIN37 RDM37 WHM25 WAR25 BST21 THF7
              Cooking83
              Elemental Magic Skill Merits 1/5

Thanks to Kazuki for the awesome sig!

Comment

Working...
              X