This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bard Food?

I apologize if this was previously posted.. I tried searching but to no avail. What kind of food is best for Bard? At the moment I'm only 11 and not sure how high I will take it.. but being a cook and obsessed with using food, I'd like to know what you all would suggest. ^^ Thanks.
    My Video Archive: http://hosted.filefront.com/Rhujaaa

Re: Bard Food?

I usually use cookies or pies.
    For MP use and some nice MP regen while healing.
    Rolanberry Pies and Cookies...but it also depends on your pt setup

Comment

At lower levels, i used Rolanberry pies mainly, for /whm healing support.

When you need to begin boosting your CHR (depending on your race/gear) you can look into Tuna Sushi (cooking 77ish, i believe?)

At lvl 50, just make sure your /whm has at least 150mp for an emergency raise, be it from gear or the food you chose.

At 65 i turned to 80g food, Pamamas. :D

I currently switch between pamamas with Opo Opo Crown or tuna sushi with Bard's Roundlet, depending on the situation.

hth

Ellamir
      Ellamir in Hades Server
      Main: O LightWarrior LS is my home ^^
      Dyn: O Dynamis Interlopers BRD AFv2 4/5

Comment

When I bother using food at all, I usually use Flint Caviar for +CHR and +MP.

Icemage

Comment

Up to 50, I've used pies. There really weren't a lot of time when I was resting enough for cookies to make much sense, especially post-Ballad. For a handful of levels now, though, I wasn't even using the MP I had from /WHM and was really just eating the pies as a formality.
          Ellipses on Fenrir
          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
          . . .

Comment

Until recently, I swore by Tavnazian Tacos, especially for parties in KRT (extra defense, yes, please!). Sadly, the prices have more than doubled for a stack, so I'm back to square one. I have a Tavnazian Salad waiting patiently for my next KRT party, but outside of that, it's either back to Tuna Sushi or onto some other +Def food for pulling.

For mose LS stuff (like lesser sky gods and such) I don't even eat food. I save it for stuff like wyrms, or kirin, or Dynamis Lord.

75BRD | 75 WHM | 52 THF
            Magitek ~ SecretCowLevel

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage
              When I bother using food at all, I usually use Flint Caviar for +CHR and +MP.
              I love the Flint Caviar. I used it until Lv65, switching to Tavnazian Salad/Tacos if the AH was out. At 65 I used Pamamas with Opo-Opo crown, then at 73 I switched to Demon Helm +1 and Tav. Tacos.

Comment

Flint caviar is good, but chamomile tea is also another nice pre-65 food. Lasts for 3 hrs, is pretty cheap, and gives a nice CHR boost. I used pies up until about 25-30 or so, and between then and the crown I used tav. tacos (back when they were only 40k/stack) and chamomile tea. Now I use crown/pamamas in places like dynamis and limbus (or where I'm otherwise likely to die a few times, or will need all the MP I can get, say, when I'm main heal in a ToAU melee burn PT), tuna sushi for duoing with my rdm friend, and tacos for pulling in exp pts. Food for bard is quite situational, you'll find! ^^
                Linliel: Tarutaru of Kujata
                75BRD/59WHM/43BLM
                RoZ: Complete ~ CoP: Complete
                AF2: 5/5 ~ AF+1 Body, Hands, Legs, Musical Earring [x]
                Alchemy: 60 ~ Clothcraft: 77+1 (Spinning) ~ Fishing: 34
                Linkshells: Covenant ~ Journey's End

Comment

When I'm broke, I usually swear by the Teas.. (although it's near impossible to find any Chalm Tea on sale [at leas ton Ifrit]). If I've got the pocket gil, it's Tacoes and Tanz. Salads otherwise.

I'm not a Tuna Sushi fan... it just seems to give more options for other jobs than it does for BRD.
                  Forget Pebbles.. I'm a Galkan Monk - Give me a Couch to throw!

Comment

The only time I use tuna sushi on Bard is for skillup parties. Otherwise the Acc+ and Dex+ are wasted, and I might as well be using something else.

Icemage

Comment

I have never really used food as BRD. BRD is very lucky gearwise in that if one chooses, they can get so much CHR from gear that the bonus from food would be redundant.

Also, the BRD resist rates are still a relativley large mystery and most BRD's have there own theories on what is best to get for food/gear to reduce resists so come an ask what is best is opening yourself up to get even more confused.

Like I said, I have never used food. I get enough CHR for me from my gear. Perhaps if I knew more about Def. food I would get it for parties where I am pulling but otherwise it is ust an uneeded expense, IMO.

Comment

>.> you don't use pamamas with an opo crown? :O
                        Linliel: Tarutaru of Kujata
                        75BRD/59WHM/43BLM
                        RoZ: Complete ~ CoP: Complete
                        AF2: 5/5 ~ AF+1 Body, Hands, Legs, Musical Earring [x]
                        Alchemy: 60 ~ Clothcraft: 77+1 (Spinning) ~ Fishing: 34
                        Linkshells: Covenant ~ Journey's End

Comment

well a lot of the discussion is on pre-65 food or basically the food-when-you-don't-have-opo-crown food :D

Comment

Pre-crown pies are good for the extra mp, 65+ (or until Bard's roundlet (got mine last Saturday!!) Panamas are a god-send.. The tacos and salads are great with Roundlet, but you can get away with no food with it too.
                            Valerian of Diabolos
                            75DRK/75BRD/75MNK/55WAR/50BLM/49SAM/47PLD/ 45THF/39WHM/38NIN

Take The Quiz Yourself!

Comment

Am I the only bard that likes to main Genbu's Kabuto and eat tacos for the insane amount of defence?

Teas (chamomile is best, but imperial and sandorian are good too) for +chr and minimal +mp
                              Pies for +mp (avoid pumpkin becuase it has -chr)
                              Tuna sushi b/c it's cheap for the +chr it gives
                              Tav. Tacos when you need/want the best when pulling

The opo-opo crown + pamama thing is the best general-use combination for bard, but for specialized roles or gear-combos there is almost always a better choice.

There are a couple combos of head gear that give more +mp, more +hp, and more +chr, but not all at once.
                              Crafts 520/520+5: Bone 100+3, Leather 60+1, Alchemy 60+1, Others: 60
                              Bard: Making 5 people better than 6 one party at a time.
                              Beastmaster: It's not a mindless killing machine, it's my friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X