6.56%
    Black Mage
    18.85%
    Dark Knight
    9.02%
    Dragoon
    27.05%

Re: Pick my job!

I do not know all of the changes they have made since I stopped two years ago, but I always loved inviting a BLM. I was a SAM/RNG, so I did alot of WS meaning alot of renkai(?) with Magic Bursts(?).

Though I cannot say anything on the new jobs, haven't seen them at all. I am planning on COR/RNG myself. Really depends on your style.

Seems you want to be a DD. Took me a while to figure it out. You can always go Samurai...
    *Under Construction*

Comment

Every job you listed, except Black Mage, is an extra job that you must unlock, by getting another job to level 30, and doing the job quest, so, to start out, maybe black mage?

To be more helpful, I counter with this question: What do you envision yourself doing in parties? Do you want to be right in the monster's face, or would you rather back off and attack from a safe distance?
      Wevrain - Shiva

Comment

Fairly childish to ask a question like this.

Play what you want to play. Try them all.

Comment

Black mage, useful in any party with enfeebles and nukes at all levels.

Comment

I voted for PuppetMaster, because they are one of the most awesome jobs out there. Be sure to be a Male Elvaan or Galka PUP, so that when you get your AF you can look badass.

Comment

As someone mentioned, most of those jobs are advanced jobs (with the exception of Black Mage [BLM]). In order to unlock these jobs, you will need one job at level 30.

Now, based upon many of your job choices, It appears you would really like to be a melee damage dealer (with some exceptions [BLM, and to an extent BLU]).

That being said, a good route to go is to level Monk to 18, and unlock your subjob. Then, level Warrior to 30 and unlock the advanced jobs. For many of those jobs, WAR or MNK is a very viable sub:

> Blue Mage/WAR
              > Dark Knight/WAR
              > Dragoon/WAR
              > Puppetmaster/MNK
              > Maybe Corsair/WAR.. sorry don’t know much about this job ;;

If you choose BLM from the start, you will want to level WHM also (which along with WAR is one of the most versatile subjobs). When you get to 30BLM (based upon the advanced jobs you want to unlock), you won’t have as many options:

> BLU/WHM
              > PUP/WHM

These are just some suggestions based upon your job choices. One great thing about this game is you can level them all . I just merely laid out a direct route to being able to try all those jobs.

Anectdote:

I started this game over 2 years ago and wanted to take WHM all the way to 75 at the time, and then SMN to 75 (influenced greatly by FFX). Well, I got WHM to 38 and decided to unlock BRD (mainly for the cash [5100 gil], which was a nice chunk of change at the time). Ended up falling in love with the BRD job and took it all the way to 75.

I tried end game activities, and the whole HNM thing didn’t suit me too well. As such, I retired my BRD, and now, I am currently leveling BST, and enjoying every minute of it. I haven’t touched WHM in like 2 years.

I guess the point of this is: Your job choice will probably change throughout your FFXI adventures .
              BST66

Have you hugged your Taru today =)

Comment

black mage > j00

the hell is dragoon first? o.O
                ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I was thinking the same thing... BLM>DRG
                  *Under Construction*

Comment

Are there a bunch of closet loldrgs at FFXIO?

Comment

No, that's just silly...

*Tucks it between his legs and dances infront of a mirror while wearing the purple Dragoon AF armor and listening "Goodbye Horses".*
                      *Under Construction*

Comment

It's not your average poster who can reference The Silence of the Lambs and Dragoons in one post.

Comment

it puts the lotion on the skin or else it gets the hose again.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie
                            It's not your average poster who can reference The Silence of the Lambs and Dragoons in one post.
                            I'm just a sweet transvestite, from Transsexual Transylvania...

Edit:

My old LS nickname is Man Nipples... Wonder where that picture on FFXIPlayers.com went.
                            *Under Construction*

Comment

Buffalo Bill will never get out of my head. Why did you have to mention Silence of the Lambs? Now I'm picturing that disgusting scene of him. x.x

Comment

Working...
                              X