The best race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The best race

Seems Taru is indeed the best option available...

Thanks for the sig, Selphiie!!

FFXI Xbox360 user ----- BLM 63 / RDM 36/ WHM 42 / THF 25
    DRK 26 / BST 21 / DRG 17 / WAR 17 / MNK 10 / SMN 9 / PUP 4 /
    BLU 1 / PLD 1 / BRD 1 / RNG 1 / NIN 1 / SAM 1
    Bonecraft 63 / Leathercraft 19 / Fishing 7 Windhurst Rank 5

Comment

In your sig

Originally posted by Feba
      Donate to FFXIOnline.com! <-Click, or PiNG gets it!
      No Wai!! Didn't know ffxionline was through dreamhost all these years. We use Dreamhost for a couple of websites as well and they're always great on service.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage
        I agree with all the people who said tarutaru, who are obviously right. The fact that we're also delicious is just further proof that Altana made us to be more pleasing in every possible way. Personally, I feel I am best served alive and uncooked, and nibbled on over a period of many years. :3
        *Nibble* Mmmmmm, tastes like chocobo!

Anyways... If you want a race that won't have a problem no matter what job you take, use hume.

If you are a horny teenager who's into butts, use hume female or mithra.

If you like cute little things that run without knees to bend, choose taru. Male or female, there's really no difference.

If you want to just hit things, choose galka or elvaan.

If you want to hit things STRATEGICALLY (ie, with arrows or as a thief), choose mithra.

If you want to be a caster-class (white mage, black mage or red mage), choose tarutaru.

With all that said, if you don't know what the heck you want, just choose what looks best. I started as a warrior, went to Red mage, went to bard, went to ranger, went to black mage. I never have problems really, because I'm hume.
        BLM75 RNG65 BRD50 NIN37 RDM37 WHM25 WAR25 BST21 THF7
        Cooking83
        Elemental Magic Skill Merits 1/5

Thanks to Kazuki for the awesome sig!

Comment

Greydaze, I'm not sure I agree with a few of your points, (re: casting and hitting things "strategically"), but it's probably not a debate worth getting into here.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcticie
            What is the best race to be in the game and why?
            Tarutaru owns all. It's just a fact.

hume, galka, elvaan {Too weak}

mithra {Yes, please}

And yes, in the year 1000, we tarutaru are going to rebel and take over the world of Vana'diel, so enjoy eating us while you can.
            ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

It's a Japanese game...the races kinda mirror real races. They made themselves out to be the tarus, so the tarus will have the upper hand when you get to the top. Elvaan are European, Humes American, Mithra (because even the Japanese love their pRon), and then Galka, the enslaved group.

It's like, you can work for a Japanese corporation, and they will take good care of you, but if you're not Japanese, don't expect to run the company anytime soon. Er, ever.

Best race = the race most like you.

Best job = the job you like the best.

Best race/job = the one you think you are for a little while to get away from reality for a while.

Comment

I think the real life racial parallels are taking it a bit far, though I can't deny that Elvaan language and culture is based heavily on French and I suppose British.
                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Taru cant do nething except /panic for gil. Theyre all beggars!
                  75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
                  Woodworking 91.9+2
                  ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

I prefer to be slowly licked, and most people seem to appreciate sweet taru sweat more than the actual meat.

Comment

I prefer to be slowly licked, and most people seem to appreciate sweet taru sweat more than the actual meat.
                      People eat me all the time! They also use my skin remains to play a nice game a football.
                      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

All Tarutaru males are perverts!

... >_>

<_<

*hides self*
                        Originally posted by Mog
                        People eat me all the time! They also use my skin remains to play a nice game a football.
                        I get eaten all the time too! O_o I just take it as a compliment.

Comment

I like how taru males just proclaim me as their wife once they know im a female taru nin.

Then I blade:jin their face.

if you are really having a hard time to decide what race, pick hume. you'll be the most ordinary of them all. :p

oh and wahts with punt macros. every time someone does a punt macro, even now, 2.5 yrs later after playing this game, they still laugh like idiots.

"huh huh huh huh huuuuuhhhhhhhhhh i just punt taru huh huh funny heeeeee my macro funny heeee"
                          Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                          ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Galka is very low haha.
                            Wrong.

According to the most recent census, Galka are more popular than Elvaan females, and there has been a significant rise in their numbers since the first census.
                            All Nations: Rank 10
                            Rise of the Zilart: Complete
                            Chains of Promathia: Complete
                            75 BRD/75 WHM/75 BLM/75 MNK/75 RDM/57 DRK/40 THF/39 WAR/37 NIN & SMN/All the rest < 37

What to level next? (DRK!)

Comment

Link to the most recent census: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/gui.../04racial.html

Racial data from the census:[code]1 Tarutaru (Male) 17.52%
                              2 Hume (Male) 16.90%
                              3 Mithra (Female) 14.50%
                              4 Elvaan (Male) 12.62%
                              5 Hume (Female) 12.50%
                              6 Tarutaru (Female) 11.84%
                              7 Galka (Male) 7.55%
                              8 Elvaan (Female) 6.57%
                              [/code]

Double Post Edited:
                              I think it's still fair to say that Galka is very low. They sport less than half as many numbers as any other race. True they only have one gender, but even taking that into account, every race/gender combination other than Elvaan F has at least 50% more members.

Not that I feel that any of that matters in the slightest.
                              Last edited by Taskmage; 06-21-2006, 12:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

All Tarutaru males are perverts!

lol, actually i've been doing that lately to keep people from getting sat on.

*sitting around, minding own business*
                                *elvaan sits on me*
                                Elvaan: lol, sat on the taru
                                /em starts to unbutton Elvaan's <body armor here> (alternatively, unlace, or unzip)
                                /em starts to slowly <lick/rub his small taru hands over> Elvaan's <adjective> <body/abs/muscles>.
                                Usually, by the time you get to this point, the elvaan is totally creeped out, and gets the hell off.

Although I did try that with someone who I had forgotten was gay..... ><

Comment

Working...
                                X