This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More DRGs?

ive been in kazham for a couple of days now and i have noticed a dramatic increase in DRGs lately, and the other day someone was running around and said "man everyone is DRG now" This got me thinking, has DRG gotten more popular since the RNG nerf? If it has, im gonna be a little dissapointed, cuase i dont want all those that were RNG or thought RNG better than DRGs to suddenly turn and either become DRG or say DRG rock, If DRG has become a fad like RNG was, i'll be dissapointed also because ppl might say that i just became DRG cause everyone else was, i want them to know i WAS DRGbefore i even got the game, and i stck with it even through all the flames about them. Well this was just something i noticed and how i felt about it. If you have noticed this too pls tell me and what you think about the situation. Also this is in no way a flame on RNG or saying DRGs pwn all, if you think so then please dont post a flame.

Take The Quiz Yourself!

Re: More DRGs?

honestly... ive noticed a dramatic increase in brd's...

Comment

Its really just an increase in all jobs after alot of Rngs changed to another because of the patch, pretty much just that the ex-rngs have filtered out into different jobs.

Linkshell(s) : BritishGeezers, SoulPirates, ThreadsOfFate - Roleplaying LS of Ragnarok, and Anzana HNMls.
      LJ: http://www.livejournal.com/users/seldzar/

Comment

Players are fickle.

Comment

Moved to Jobs Forum.
          PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
          Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
          WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
          Currently Playing:
          FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Look at what happened to MNK and SAM item prices like Ochiudo's Kote, Sniper's Rings, Amemet Mantle+1, Fuma Kyahan, Brown Belt (great example on Midgard, went all the way from 400k to 2 mil) and ask yourself where all the RNG went =P

Gotta love Manaburn parties

Comment

"Brown Belt (great example on Midgard, went all the way from 400k to 2 mil)"....
              LoL my old server it was already 2 million before I emigrated to Midgardsmor...
              BTW, Fuma Kyahan is complete garbage for SAM or MNK unless you're going for a haste set-up end-game. Anyone MNK or SAM who's reading this thread and getting near level 39, don't get them!!! NIN onry pwease.

Windurst Rank 10. ZM14. CoP M5-2.
              RDM->62 (AF Completed), MNK->62 (AF Completed).

Comment

Originally posted by Sepukku
                "BTW, Fuma Kyahan is complete garbage for SAM or MNK unless you're going for a haste set-up end-game. Anyone MNK or SAM who's reading this thread and getting near level 39, don't get them!!! NIN onry pwease.
                ok, you have suggested we dont use this piece of equipment, could you give a little more background for why you think it is a bad idea?

also which foot gear would you recommend in its stead?

thanks.

Comment

Sure,
                  MNK Hand-to-Hand Delay at level 39 with best hand to hand weapon (Mythril Knuckles+1) is 451 delay. Samurai weapons are usually 420-450 so basically the same numbers. 3% means take off 3% of that 451 delay. Your delay is now 437.47. Thats 13.53 less delay, which is a marginal undetectable by the human senses change in attack speed. No, it won't help you build your TP faster, you won't even get one more attack round per battle (unless your party sucks and you need 34 attack rounds in one fight). Now for no additional attacks your WS will be doing less damage than it could be and your wallet will be 1,000,000 gil less. Alternative are:
                  Mithra: RSE Feet (+16 HP, +3 STR)
                  Tarutaru: RSE Feet (+20 HP, +2 STR)
                  Humes, Galkans, Elvaans:
                  MNK: Windurstian/Federation Kyahan.
                  SAM: Leaping Boots or Federation Kyahan.

Are you sure your join date is accurate? Anyone who's been playing for over 2 years wouldn't need this explained to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepukku
                    Sure,
                    Are you sure your join date is accurate? Anyone who's been playing for over 2 years wouldn't need this explained to them.
                    yeah, ive been playing that long...

oh and i wouldnt spend the Gil on it if I chose to get them, I would go hunt for it with my friends..

thanks for the input, you can keep the sarcasm.

Comment

I havn't really noticed an increase in their numbers but I was impressed to see what my party members were saying yesterday.

Things like : "Oh yeah. cool, get the DRG." "DRG are cool, get them".

Much nicer change than what it was like a few month ago.

Comment

ye im a drg aswell and i seem to be gettin more pt invites although unfortunatly is no comparrison to whm.
                        i have also had to tank as the drg which i was suppried that i managed to pull it off very easily without any deaths at all

Comment

I personally haven't changed my attitude about DRG in the slightest. They're still weakened jobs that need to be fixed by SE in my opinion and although I don't mind DRG, I'd rather have something else in my party at the moment. It sounds kind of harsh but for optimal exp, I tend to notice that not having a DRG in the party helps quite a bit...poor DRG =(. They should give DRG back Penta Thrust spam, because back then...they were godly. DRG was THE job to be.

Also, I haven't really seen an increase of DRGs at all, mostly just more BRD, SAM, and MNK as was mentioned by myself and others earlier. And by the way, speaking of MNK, in reply to your post about the Fuma Kyahan Sepukku, people pay 10x more to get a HQ version of the weapons for +1 damage and -10~ delay....so...just something to think about ^^

Gotta love Manaburn parties

Comment

+1 damage is the main reason, your weapon's base damage is a factor for your WS damage.

"I tend to notice that not having a DRG in the party helps quite a bit"...<----Same with SMN's. Lately almost every SMN has been getting all "high and mighty" and saying they can't main heal even a Ninja Tank (ok, be serious, you almost aren't even healing at all). I understand you want to do your job, but I didn't pay my $100 (HDD+FFXI) and $15 a month for 17 consecutive months following just so I can inconvenience myself so that some other person (The SMN) can be happy. I want good XP, the best XP possible at the time of day and who's available, and SMN isn't part of that equation pre-70, ESPECIALLY if they won't heal or main-heal.

Every PT has 6 slots, Tank, 2 DDs for SC, Healer, Dispeller (You may be able to go without Refresh/Ballad, but 40+ you need a Dispeller of some sort pretty much anywhere you go), and a BLM or other heavy DD to speed things up. If the SMN can't put themself in the Healer spot, they don't meet any otheR PT spot. Fenrir -could- Dispel, and the PT Leader (The Summoner) in my PT last night said she'd Dispel with Fenrir, but when it came down with it, due to Bloodpact timers she couldn't ever do it and we had to fight Anticans fully buffed. (Melees: Ever fought a PLD Beastman with Protect III on it, Evasion Boost, and Defense Boost? Isn't fun or good for XP.) I'm sorry, but SMN is completely useless for an efficient and desired XP PT if they won't main heal.

I've handed Square Enix over $350 so far for this game due to HDD costs and Monthly Fees and I refuse to inconvenience myself so someone else can be happy due to them being a gimp job and garunteeing a bad PT. I play for fun, being in a sucky XP PT is frustrating and far from entertaining.

Comment

The reason I originally got FFXI was because I wanted to play Dragoon. I heard mixed feelings from both sides. What keeps me going is the fun of hardness thing. But I agree with Kaylik in his first statement.

Anyhow, I never seen an increase of dragoons. Well when I was using WHM one time in Yhoatar Jungle, we had 4 dragoons. We easily killed mandys AND goblins from 30 to 32 very fast. Just my experience, but on the Fairy server there seems to always be a White Mage shortage-which was why I went with WHM as I did.

Comment

Working...
                              X