This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Do You Prefer As A Healer?

Just wondering what job people prefer to be their pt's healer.
    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Re: Who Do You Prefer As A Healer?

Personally, I like WHMs... even when there arn't any BRDs or RDM's, I can depend on a WHM/BRD for a simple Ballad for the mages while I pick up stronger run&gun type melee classes... the negative effects arn't so bad~
    Sony NW-E507 [wishlist]

Comment

I had a pt once with thf/nin(me), nin/war, war/nin, blm/whm, and 2 rdm/?. All the melee had utsusemi so the rdms didn't have to even worry about healing too much, and kept each other and the blm refreshed very well. If you can get a party setup where not much healing is needed like that, rdm will do just fine as main, and in cases like that I'd prefer them over a whm. Overall though wouldn't whm just be the most usefull healer?

fk yes

Comment

WHM, as long as we have a refresher (brd or rdm).
        Trys - 67 BRD/WHM - Ragnarok (Active)

Comment

Umm a pt don't nessasarly need a main healer. Sometimes 2 or 3 part time healers, other times, you need full times, etc.

It will really come down to how your pt functions with what mix of jobs.

Comment

Depends entirely on PT setup >.>

Comment

What Mephisto said, but in general I prefer RDM as primary healer in XP groups. The only benefits WHM have over them is Cure V, Raise 2/3 (Which XP group shouldn't need) and Stonea and Regen2/3.. and a few higher level group bar spells.

RDM BRD BLM TANK DAMAGE DAMAGE, makes for some damn efficent and effective XP groups.
              Last edited by Vinen; 07-06-2005, 07:58 AM.

CoP/Zilart/San/Win Finished, Bastok 1-1

Comment

Originally posted by Vinen
                What Mephisto said, but in general I prefer RDM as primary healer in XP groups. The only benefits WHM have over them is Cure V, Raise 2/3 (Which XP group shouldn't need) and Stonea and Regen2/3.. and a few higher level group bar spells.

RDM BRD BLM TANK DAMAGE DAMAGE, makes for some damn efficent and effective XP groups.
                /signed

this is the best party setup in my time on FFXI minus the times you might possibly get unlucky and die, but you make that exp up really fast. little to no downtime for the whole party
                PANDEMONIUM

Nites 75RDM/BLM - Rank 10

I need a buddy pass!

Comment

Depends on the tank. With a NIN tank I prefer me (RDM) and a BRD. With a PLD I usually prefer to have WHM or another RDM so me or the other RDM can focus on other RDMly duties.

Comment

SMN aint that bad of a main healer

Comment

I like anyone who knows what they are doing and are able to adapt to the party's needs. That can be either of these three jobs.
                      BRD75/WHM75/BLM75/RDM75/SMN70/NIN67/MNK33/WAR33/THF15/etc
                      Race: Elvaan. I just like to play with race changer. :3
                      Zilart, CoP completed
                      Vrtra downed.

San d'Oria Rank 10 & Windurst Rank 10
                      FFXI journal

Comment

pure healer i'll go for whm of course... having raise 2/3 as a back up is a god sent gift.
                        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Overall I like Whms more. They have so many useful spells including Raise 2/3. I mean, they ARE the main healing job in the game.

Thanks to Bila for the signature

Comment

Originally posted by Skygto
                            Overall I like Whms more. They have so many useful spells including Raise 2/3. I mean, they ARE the main healing job in the game.
                            Couldnt agree more^^
                            But I dont mind being the healer, but i'll also do attacking to of course.
                            Leavign a free carbuncle out and have him do target healing or group healing is great. With juice i dont even need a rdm for refreshing. Free rat = WOOHOO!!
                            It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                            それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                            Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                            A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Well being a WHM and feeling that i feel i am at least decent..well yeah WHM O_o But i do prefer if you dont have a refresher to let me sub BRD at the least to keep up the MP especially with PLD tanks. In leveling other jobs, usually the other jobs dont heal as well as the WHM as i noticed, and the RDM although great, does better when theres 2 at the least because of all the job duties they need to attend to. SMN however also does good(except vs hard hitting mobs..no access to CureIV).

Comment

Working...
                              X