Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: We're disbanding in 20 minutes...

relax people.

unless he said u guys have to stay... which i dont know how he would make you guys, i think he was just trying to squeeze in more xp in the X minutes more u guys were gonna stay up.

in the end, do what you have to do. no one is gonna care or hold it against you that you have to goto bed because you have work in 6 hours. if they do? that's just sad then. RL is really greater than game. remember that.
    Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
    ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Hmm. When most of the party members agreed on 20 minutes, then the WHM uses the ring at or right before 20 minutes was up, then it's slightly rude. (That is, if he didn't get agreement from other party members to stay longer before using the ring.)

If your friend says "I have to go soon; long day at work tomorrow," you should not do anything to keep him longer if you're really a friend. In fact, you should just offer to let him go ASAP; if you were doing something together, you can always pick it up again next day or some other time.

It would be inconsiderate to say or do things to cause him to want to stay longer than he should, for whatever the reason.

p.s. I've ended parties at 30 TNL and less without saying a word--a good party is reward enough, and bad parties make me want to escape now; I can get that 30 exp at next party easily.
      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

lol.
        I might need to clarify myself for some, since it seems emphasis might have mislead you.

It's not about the WHM using his exp+ ring.

It's moreso about when and why he used it after 20 minutes had expired.

And we ended up staying as long as you would need to to accumulate 10~12k w/a bonus ring on.

Albeit, irregardless of the time or ammount that it actually took to get it, it was moreso the timing and the intentional matter in which the ring was used in an attempt to keep the party going, even after everyone had agreed to disband in the 20 minute time frame.

But from the recent responses, it'd seem that you guys wouldn't find a problem or care much at all w/ that. Which is more than slightly interesting.

Maybe I should just hurry and finish my merits. Or something.
        "Vacation. Alienation. Japanamation. Manga. Kanga. Naked Lunch. Hawaiian punch!!"

Comment

ok I admit I havn't done much parting at lvl 75(I took a big extended break to farm up endgame gear and work a second job up to 75) but that does seem abit rude. I'm not saying you should take up a fight with him, but he at least needs a talking to...
          Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
          (have fun MMO players ^^)
          Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Originally posted by Eauijhkuu View Post

And we ended up staying as long as you would need to to accumulate 10~12k w/a bonus ring on.

Albeit, irregardless of the time or ammount that it actually took to get it, it was moreso the timing and the intentional matter in which the ring was used in an attempt to keep the party going, even after everyone had agreed to disband in the 20 minute time frame.

But from the recent responses, it'd seem that you guys wouldn't find a problem or care much at all w/ that. Which is more than slightly interesting.

Just because someone used their anniversary ring doesn't mean everyone else is obligated to stay until the charge wears off. It's the WHM's choice to use the ring in the first place. He's taking the risk that he won't get the full benefit from the charge. Next time, just ignore that factor when making the decision on continuing or disbanding. If the pt disbands, the WHM has no one to blame for a potentially wasted charge other than himself.

And as Taskmage pointed out, it actually reduces the amount of time it takes to get that next merit. If the WHM was only 300 exp from next merit, the ring could make it happen in one kill instead of 2.

Could he have used it 20 minutes earlier? Perhaps. But then, maybe he didn't realize just how close he was going to get to his next merit in those 20 minutes.
            Lyonheart
            lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
            Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
            Fishing 60

Lakiskline
            Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
            Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
            Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
            Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Another thing to consider is that if it was particularly late at night your friend may not have been using their best judgement. I could very easily see a scenario where the sleepy whm puts on their ring intending to squeeze out one last merit, then gets distracted by curing and forgets to pop the ring until "oops, it's been 20 minutes already? ><" I've done very similar things myself.

Maybe some explanation applies or maybe it doesn't, but at any rate I wouldn't be too quick to judge the person on the basis of this one incident.
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Eauijhkuu View Post
                lol.
                I might need to clarify myself for some, since it seems emphasis might have mislead you.

Well, unless you asked if they did that purposefully then I don't see the problem with it. During a PT when I get my ring going, and if they all decide to disband, I'm going to find a place to solo and use the xp ring to its full extent. It's a waste to use it and not get anything for it.

It was honestly also your decision to stay or not. You could of simply said, "Fuck it," instead of hanging around like that. Saying no isn't as hard as you think it might be.

It would be annoying if they did it on purpose to keep the party going but at any given point in time if I'm tired and want to go to sleep, I'm going. Regardless if they're in my LS or not. If we all agreed to leave within that set amount of time then that's what's going to happen.

It seems like you forget you have a choice to say yes or no to someone or have the ability to just walk away from a situation like that.

Comment

I realize some people are going to look at the dates of the previous two posts, disregard everything else and descend on Lunaped with righteous zeal, so before he gets run over by a train I'd like to add one thing: forming/joining very short lived parties or manipulating pt members to get a few more exp after the agreed on disband time is doubly unforgivable *now*, when you can easily get that last little smidgen of exp in Campaign.

Given the ridiculously long time that you have to use up a charge on anni ring, though, I wouldn't feel bad about disbanding on someone before it was finished. Even a DD should be able to find another party sooner than that - or hell, solo 3k worth of easy prey.
                  Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                  RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                  All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Yesterday, Valkurm Dunes party disbanded with me at 18 TNL on Scholar. XD (No, I didn't make a fuss, or even let anyone know.)

In another party later, I got those 18 points, and yet another level--then promptly deleveled on a wipe (HP'ed, changed job to raise people). Late night, got an unsolicited invite, and leveled up again, and yet again.

Seriously, what's the big deal about being a few points from level or merit or what not? Begging parties to stay 20 minutes, then another 20, then another... It's just so unseemly. =b
                    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

I pretty much never tell parties when I'm close to leveling. Unless someone asks, and then notices that I didn't answer, and asks again.

I just look at it as "Wow, I've got a really huge buffer now. I can die so many times!"

Although this also tends to make me the jackass who levels and starts gimping XP for everyone else two fights in.

(Bit different when it's merit points, I'm sure. But still.)
                      Ellipses on Fenrir
                      There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                      . . .

Comment

/em smells an old and rotting thread...

/em looks around and sees a necro'd thread trying to claw its way back to life...

/em gets out her cane of doom and raises it high above her head to beat down the necro thread...

/em falls on her a**....too much eggnog....

/em goes to sleep in the corner...
                        Originally posted by Feba
                        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                        Originally posted by Taskmage
                        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                        Originally posted by DakAttack
                        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

The Necro Slayer . . . was Slain by the Necro?
                          Originally posted by Armando
                          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                          Originally posted by Armando
                          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                          Matthew 16:15

Comment

The egg nog taketh its toll on us all.
                            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Working...
                            X