X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're disbanding in 20 minutes...

Salutations Players.

Eauijhkuu here.

I will put restraint on the ammount of ranting I actually do on the forums; each post seems to be a disgruntled topic that sways me into a very dispositioned slump. But perhaps you would have done differently if you were in my situation.

The joys of destroying Imp chains in Caedavre mire, in the Ruins' portion of Nyzul Isle portals, where the soulflayers like to occasionally link to the unwarry passerby. So far, no deaths. Everything is going great. EXP is coming in extremely fast.

But the hours are swiftly coming upon us. 3 of the party members have to be up for work in 6 hours. I have to be up early the next day as well, so after two hours of partying, we decide to disband in 20 minutes.

A few people grab their merits. However, the inefficient almost-till-next-merit white mage who basically begs the party to stay after the alotted twenty minutes are expired, sees that people are tired...and unwilling to party much longer. Given this evidence, he commands his sprite to dig down into its satchel...and the prompt triggers the most annoyingly rude words on my window prompt:

"Whitemage uses an anniversary ring."

. . . What the heck.
    . . . What. The. Heck.

Within good reason, I was most tempted to accidentally misplace a TA weaponskill, and warp from the party altogether, had it not been that most of this party was made of linkshell members. Had it not been for some of their own decisions I would have completely skidoodled from said scene without much concern of whether or not.

Actions like these are often considered future problems - unfortunate that this WHM is currently in my LS. I personally have abosolutely no beef with him whatsoever; nevertheless, I doubt I'll be making him a selected personal choice into my party ever again.

Inappropriate attitude to take against an LS member you say?
    . . . I'm sorry you think that way.
    I will pretty much stick by my decision, since it not only inconvenienced me, but 3 other people as well.

Inconsiderate players, irregardless of whether or not they're in your LS, just suck.
    "Vacation. Alienation. Japanamation. Manga. Kanga. Naked Lunch. Hawaiian punch!!"

Re: We're disbanding in 20 minutes...

And what the hell is the problem? Unless he's demanding the party stick together, he's just squeezing out some extra EXP. I didn't see a single thing in your post to suggest he was actually rude.

If you need help getting the sand out, let me know, I have a vacuum.

Comment

How is the WHM using his Anniversary ring being inconsiderate to you?
      Current Server: Asura
      Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
      Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
      Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
      Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
      Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

If he was asking for you guys to stay for the entire 3k (which in a good merit party isn't really too long, but I still understand), that kind of seems crappy. But if he was just trying to make that last bit to next merit go faster, then I totally understand his reasoning.

Comment

You need to learn to relax and, well, be quiet. You're in the Mire, that exp bonus could easily be used up in 20 min.
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I could understand the white mage's request if he was with in just a few kills to his next merit. Either way, it wouldn't be a big deal if he had to wait till his next party to get that merit.

Personally if someone pulled that type of tactic to rope into staying longer I'd say, "Well good thing the charge last twelve hours before it wears off, thanks for the party, see ya around". If he was something like another 20 minutes away from a merit, then I'd say sorry, need sleep. I wouldn't feel bad unless he's like 100 exp away from a merit.

As for him being in your LS, tough for him. There are a few members of my shell that I don't particularly agree with it, and would rather them go away. But I just ignore them, and pay no attention for the pleas of help when they need something. Eventually he'll learn as he gets on more and more people's blacklist that forcing things out of people is not the way to obtain things.

Comment

I think maybe i just failed at reading the post this happened:

1) Party Says 20 more min everyone agrees
              2) 20 Min expires
              3) Whm asks everyone to stay longer
              4) Party really doesn't want to but are considering it due to the fact they in the same ls
              5) Before decision is made whm uses anniversary ring
              6) pt now guilted into staying until ring is up. 6k exp for the Whm, 3k normally

Also: unless on the outside chance as the pt expired his timer hit 0:00, he should have used it in the first 20 set.
              [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by SevIfrit View Post
                I think maybe i just failed at reading the post this happened:
                1) Party Says 20 more min everyone agrees
                2) 20 Min expires
                3) Whm asks everyone to stay longer
                4) Party really doesn't want to but are considering it due to the fact they in the same ls
                5) Before decision is made whm uses anniversary ring
                6) pt now guilted into staying until ring is up. 6k exp for the Whm, 3k normally
                Also: unless on the outside chance as the pt expired his timer hit 0:00, he should have used it in the first 20 set.
                Thats how I see it happening. The whm could have used it when the first 20 minute warning was given but instead waited until the PT was ready to disband. And since the OP said they've been there for hours, the Whm could have used that at the beginning and not the end. If that was me, I would have left regardless, they were given ample warning and many players had responsibilities to attend to the next day. It's not my responsibility to make sure the Whm made full use of his ring when he had plenty of opportunity to do so prior.
                "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

It would really help if we had some more info like was he close usually I will stay 1~1.5k for a merit after the end
                  [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by SevIfrit View Post
                    It would really help if we had some more info like was he close usually I will stay 1~1.5k for a merit after the end
                    Agreed. If it's anything like the situation you suggested above, then the OP is well within his rights to be annoyed. If we say we're disbanding in 20 minutes, and then in 20 minutes you decide to ask for even more time, and pop a charge on an EXP ring, then it's your loss (unless you are ridiculously close to your next level/merit).

Comment

True that, but if you are "ridiculously" close as you put it, the party would be a bunch of assholes to disband on you. I mean, at 70+, 1k tnl is nothing. I would stay for someone if they were less than 1k. 1.5k, maybe, depends how sleepy I am, and 2k, forget it.
                      sigpic
                      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Things like this really don't surprise me any more. I personally find that guy who forms a "Dynamis buffer" PT and leaves after 20-30 minutes - oh... because he's supposed to be entering Dynamis now - to be the biggest shitbag to ever build a PT. Not only is it not polite to the PT he made, but he's possibly stalling others from entering Dynamis.

Comment

It's possible that the whm was using the ring to be considerate rather than inconsiderate. That 50% bonus to exp means 33% less time that the party would have to stay together to finish the merit and disband. The duration on the dedication effect from Anniversary Ring lasts twelve hours. I popped an anniversary ring for a party on Sunday, went to dynamis with it still on, went fishing for a while, then switched jobs and finished up the 3k solo. Point being, if the party was altruistically concerned about the exp bonus not being wasted, there was still no reason to feel guilty about breaking the party before the ring was up. The whm had plenty of time to find another party to finish the ring with, or heck finish it solo even at a whm's kill speed.
                          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

sometimes i've PTed till 6AM if the person was over 1 2k tops i would say i'm sorry tell them the time and then normally they understand, if they dont i just say goodbye and log as the other PT members normally want to get going aswell
                            "Death shall seek you out, If death fails, I promise you, i wont." ~ Srxjo (me)
                            "My lips are stained scarlet red from my blood" ~Srxjo (me)
                            "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

Comment

Reminds me of a party i was in once when the whm just said im leaving for assault guys see ya later....

Comment

Working...
                              X