Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to deal with someone like this?

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
    I did have something to go do, but then I had five minutes before I headed out the door to post. It was good times.
    Well, mediocre times.
    He does that to me too Feba.

And "what the lolly?" Do what? Murph is right, never would I say that! After the past two nights, "eh?" is about my limit - goddamn cultural overload...

if you count going to see Meatloaf as cultural

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

In America, Meatloaf is a food! Nothing more!

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
        Silly Americans.

Originally posted by Aksannyi
        "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Have you seen the "Rocky Horror Picture Show"? I didn't know you were into cannibalism...

Comment

Man, I don't know what the hell your problem is, but stop trying to piss off people here.

Lol only reason feba said this is pissing people off is his job!!!

(in late but rl > internet)
            [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Well until BBQ gives us an update on Cranger (I took the liberty of making up a name for the unnamed RNG, what of it?), this thread seems ripe for OT chitchat. Which is great because I just want to offer a hearty lol (appropriately enough) at 'what the lolly'. ^_^

Never in my two decades plus spent on this island have I heard ANYbody say that. Not in RL, not on TV, radio, never read it in a book nor heard tales of shoked posh people exclaiming such.

'What the blazes??' Now THAT's more like it. Typical upperclass outburst of bepuzzlement. As is 'Now just run that past me again, dear boy..?' and such.

At the other end of the UK spectrum, you'd have something like 'You wot?'. But really, to pronounce this properly you need to lower the pitch of your voice two octaves. And lower the level of your IQ two evoloutionary periods as well. Now try it again:

'You wot?'

I'm wondering how our Canadian friends actually pronounce 'eh?'.

Here in our United Kingdom (hahaha), it's as the 'ay?' in Yay? but for some reason, I imagine you western Atlanticans pronouncing it more as the 'e?' in yes? Have I got that utterly wrong? (I have, haven't I? Bah.)

But yeah. 'Eh?' is pretty commonplace. Coincidentally enough, I only just used it a few minutes ago. My manager asked me did I fancy coming back in and doing some extra work over this upcoming long weekend. Suitably baffled at the logic behind this question, all I could muster was a (oO)-ey 'Eh..?'.

True story.

I guess, rather than the 'huh?' Feba mentions, I could imagine Americans saying something along the lines of 'Woooooah there pard'ner! What in the hey now?'.

Yep. That works^^
              Oh, Warp. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

Comment

what the lolly= so using that for my pull macro in dynamis tonight

What The Lolly <t>!

Comment

Lol only reason feba said this is pissing people off is his job!!!
                  again, stop trying to start drama.

I could imagine Americans saying something along the lines of 'Woooooah there pard'ner! What in the hey now?'.
                  Nah, nowadays it would be more like "Wassaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuup!?", except with more of an upwards intonation than it normally has.

Comment

again, stop trying to start drama.

And again learn to take a joke feba, if I was going to start a fight it would constist with a ton of personal attacks on you seriously, learn to take a joke.

Comment

Meatloaf is still around?

Thanks for the sig, Selphiie!!

FFXI Xbox360 user ----- BLM 63 / RDM 36/ WHM 42 / THF 25
                      DRK 26 / BST 21 / DRG 17 / WAR 17 / MNK 10 / SMN 9 / PUP 4 /
                      BLU 1 / PLD 1 / BRD 1 / RNG 1 / NIN 1 / SAM 1
                      Bonecraft 63 / Leathercraft 19 / Fishing 7 Windhurst Rank 5

Comment

Nah, nowadays it would be more like "Wassaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuup!?"
                        Not for a few years they haven't. Unless maybe you hang around with idiots.
                        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Meatloaf will always be around!
                          75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
                          Woodworking 91.9+2
                          ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

I'm still intrigued by this spell check thing people keeps talking about.

PS > And about the OP, just kick the guy out and save yourself from all the headaches.
                            sigpic
                            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

@ spell checking issue: Is my version of Firefox the only one that highlights misspelled words as I type them so I know to correct them before I post? Or am I Mozilla's 100,000,000th downloaderererer ( <- that word is highlighted) person.

But there are actually people, who dislike the use of a lot of swearing in a chat, especially if it's the lead of an event linkshell, from which you know no one personally.
                              A. Welcome to the internet. Don't like it or the people on it? Go away.
                              B. FFXI has a chat filter.
                              C. I like to swear all the fucking time. Feels good.

OT:
                              Basically I agree with what just about everyone has said about trying to explain to the guy the importance of following the rules established by the LS. If he agrees, groovy. If he's unwilling to comply then I'd say just let him go. There's plenty of other end game linkshells out there.

Besides, it seems like it'd be more fun to go out with your LS and help other people accomplish things and get what's yours at an appropriate time then it would be to care only about benefiting yourself. At least that's how I look at it.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                              ------
                              Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                              When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

I just realised what a silly, unhelpful abbreviation 'OT' is....

*checks his previous post*

Damn. Yep - I used it. ><
                                Oh, Warp. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

Comment

Working...
                                X