How to deal with someone like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to deal with someone like this?

If people are annoyed by it then they can feel free to use the chat langauge filter. Just like people who dont like getting checked, filter it. I dont care if you like me swearing or not because I like it.
    75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
    Woodworking 91.9+2
    ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

My spelling is because i'm not American nor English.
      Again, spell check.

And "forum culture?" Hmm.
      Yes. If you'd bothered to absorb even a little bit of our conversations before you started posting, you'd have seen this.

What a waste of a thread to start personal attacks. Everyone expressed their opinion, as so did I.
      My only point is this: You're very obviously agitating at least a few forum members who have been here much longer than you. Stop it. Learn to respect what we have, instead of complaining about every little off color comment and bit of sarcasm, or look elsewhere. We're happy to have you here if you won't cause trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirsteena View Post
        Eh?
        What I said was directed at the poster above you, sorry.

And Feba.. I have absolutely no words for that reply. And you know why, it's more than obvious.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world.

Comment

Oh.

My brain is about up to the 'eh?' stage. Too tired for anything else.

Originally posted by Aksannyi
          "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
            Whoosh.

Also, the last thing this game needs is the e-peen contest that is the /duel command.
            Unless of course, it was done in Yu-gi-oh manner.

/em pulls out a Tetra-master deck.
            It's time to d-d-d-d-d-d-duel!
            Lyonheart
            lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
            Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
            Fishing 60

Lakiskline
            Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
            Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
            Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
            Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

My brain is about up to the 'eh?' stage.
              Wait, you're British?

Eh is for Canadians, Huh is for Americans, you Brits are supposed to say "What the lolly?!", or something to that effect.

Have you no concept of cultural differences?

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Wolf View Post
                My spelling is because i'm not American nor English. And "forum culture?" Hmm.
                Every forum has a culture. A sense, a soul, a feel that is distinctly its own. And while the members can be found at one another's throat from time to time, generally speaking, they are 'family.' I haven't been here long enough/posted enough to really consider myself part of this one, but I appreciate and respect how things are handled and done. (I also get the vibe I'm sort of alienated myself from some of the 'core' but that's ok.)

I do, however, run two very small, very close knit communities, and like Feba said, no one takes well to someone trying to sound over-smart and change them. As admin on mine, I have a little more swing in how I deal with that kind of thing, but eh.

OT!

I'd say at least talk to him first. See if he's the type can be reasoned with on this issue. From his attitude, I'm thinking that might be iffy, but you know him better and I'm just judging from what I gather from your tale.

It couldn't hurt. And if he shows no willingness to knock himself down a few notches, then you (or the leadership) will just have to do it for him.
                "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

Comment

I can't imagine Kirst saying "What the lolly?"

Comment

I think it's best to let the linkshell leader and officers handle it. If you are an officer, do not handle it yourself.

If that person asks why they've been kicked, (if that was the only resolution) you can provide the examples above as to why they were forcibly removed. You can also say it was a "majority vote" situation where everyone else voted him out.

I think that is more kosher than kicking them out with no explaination.
                    Hacked on 9/9/09
                    FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

I can't imagine Kirst saying "What the lolly?"
                      What's this you said about being busy?

Comment

Geez, a guy can't take five minutes to troll his favorite forum.

Comment

Drama bomb x2 ftw, irony. These boards are seemingly starting to grow the stuff much like a dank bathroom floor.

Talk to the fellow about what is going on, if he reacts harshly or doesn't catch on, drop him quickly. Common courtesy should be instilled in them already, its a shame that it appears it isn't.
                          Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                            Geez, a guy can't take five minutes to troll his favorite forum.
                            What does that mean?
                            Hacked on 9/9/09
                            FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

He said (on AIM) that he had something to go do, so naturally when he made a post, I had to make an "lolmurphieliveshere" joke.

Comment

I did have something to go do, but then I had five minutes before I headed out the door to post. It was good times.

Well, mediocre times.

Comment

Working...
                                X