Lot vs distribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lot vs distribution

Yesterday I had to become the leader of a 2 person party. Since I am not usually the leader I'm not really sure what setting to have the loot set at(lottery or distribution) to have it automatically go to him(my inventory filled quickly?) or will it automatically goto the other person when the leader's inventory is full. I tried to switch the Lotter to him but couldn't figure it out.
    u have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them

Re: Lot vs distribution

Depends on how you have it set. Quartermaster will automatically put items into one selected player's inventory unless they are full or they already have an item that is marked Rare.

Otherwise normal distribution will make an item drop to the highest lotter who has an open inventory space; if no one has lotted, it will drop to one person at random who has open inventory slots.

Icemage

Comment

I believe there's 2 options for looting

Default one is treasure pool. Everyone can see the pool and can lot/pass the drops. If no one lots, the items will random to any person after 3 minutes I think. Usually when you party you just leave it there.

Master loot (?) or whatever it's called... the other one basicly. This is the one where all drops will go to the master automaticly. Except rare/ex items I think. No one really use this.
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

In the case where you're the pt leader, and your pack is full, I'd suggest leaving the treasure distribution on lottery. Sooner or later, the other player's pack will get quite full too. Some fights will result in 2 to 3 items plus multiple crystals being dropped. If you set it to Quartermaster mode, with the other player as the Quartermaster, all items will go into his pack immediately.

If his pack doesn't have enough space for all of the items, I'm pretty sure that the remaining drops will remain in the party pool. So hopefully nothing will get lost. But that just means the other player has to go through and throw away any items he got that he doesn't actually want (e.g. typically stuff like Insect Wings, Beetle Shells, etc).

If you leave it on lottery, the other player can manually pass on the items he doesn't want to receive, which is easier to do than to go through inventory and throw away them after receiving them, IMHO.

or will it automatically goto the other person when the leader's inventory is full.
        I'm quite sure that's what will happen. When selecting the random recepient of loot, the game ignores players who don't have the room to carry it (or simply can't, due to the item being Rare and the player already has that item). The only time you'll see items being tossed by the lottery distribution system is when no one in the party is capable of carrying it.
        Lyonheart
        lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
        Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
        Fishing 60

Lakiskline
        Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
        Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
        Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
        Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by Jei View Post
          I believe there's 2 options for looting

Default one is treasure pool. Everyone can see the pool and can lot/pass the drops. If no one lots, the items will random to any person after 3 minutes I think. Usually when you party you just leave it there.

Master loot (?) or whatever it's called... the other one basicly. This is the one where all drops will go to the master automaticly. Except rare/ex items I think. No one really use this.
          Actually, the rare/ex items go to the quatermaster to. This only dosn't apply if the person already has the rare item, due to the limit of one rule.
          Originally posted by Ellipses
          Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
          Originally posted by MCLV
          A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
          More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by Onionsoilder View Post
            Actually, the rare/ex items go to the quatermaster to. This only dosn't apply if the person already has the rare item, due to the limit of one rule.
            Not according to the user's manual for the game. "Even in Quartermaster mode, rare and exclusive items will be placed directly in the treasure pool. When this happens, members must cast lots for the item."
            You can even go to PlayOnline, and search the support articles for Quartermaster mode, to find the following:
            Q: Why do items continue to appear in the treasure pool even though we selected "Quartermaster Mode"
            A: Rare items (which must be carried by a player one at a time) and exclusive items (which cannot be traded) cannot be distributed by the Quartermaster system. They will appear in the treasure pool instead. Furthermore, items will appear in the treasure pool if the Quartermaster item list is full.
            Lyonheart
            lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
            Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
            Fishing 60

Lakiskline
            Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
            Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
            Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
            Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Working...
            X