No announcement yet.

Is it mean to kick someone because...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it mean to kick someone because...

It is o.k. But if he is just one level of gear behind due to lack of gil, but he works out then i say keep him. It all depends on effectivness if it works then go for it if they do not kick them that is why you have the option. If i have some come a great distace and then dont need them i always pay for there trip back home, ALWAYS. Even if i dont have gil i give items or help that they need it is just courteous.
    The path of the fighter begins with a loss.

Comment

Would a Ninja with dual Parry Knives be frowned apon past level 30? I mean 20 + Parry is really freaking sweet.

Comment

i don't think it's ok to kick someone because of their gear, only kick them because of their playing/attitude. if they're playing horribly and/or they have a horrible attitude, whether or not their gear is up to level, kick em. if they're managing to play just fine and they seem cool even though their gear is out-of-date, then they'res no reason to be rude.

if they're a pld with lvl 10 gear and you're in quicksand caves, then they're playing is going to suck XD but you know what i mean.

a ninja with parrying knives? theres a cool idea... do you lose hate when you successfully parry an attack?

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
        Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
        I live to entertain!

Comment

I dunno yet. I've never seen it done. If there is loss its probably really small, and probably isn't as bad as using Jump on DRG. (Minimal at most) But those parry's happen while recasting Ut too so you have less chance of interuption. And seeing as you get Parry Knives at 25, Mandies would be even easier to tank in Kazham. I've asked a few NIN's I know why they never tried it and most go. "I... Forgot there were Parry Knives..."

But I wonder how long you could go Dual Parry's before a party would start kicking you for not being a DD as well as a tank. (It also helps in raising your parry skill because you gain skill points simply by doing it so its win win in that respect.)

Comment

I've been without Erase for 64 levels. Then one of my pt members, at 65, gets completely anal with me not having Erase (ERASE is almost 1 MIL on RAMUH AND RISING!!!), and buys me Erase, pressures me to use it, and immediately wants me to pay him back (I've only given him 140k so far. Twat.). AH prices are steep, Beastmen's seals are frickin' hard to get. Still trying though.

Aside the point, as a WHM I come in with gimped gear all the time, but always try to come with updated spells. Spells have been rising, and as a WHM I find it difficult to farm; teleports are a primary source of income (Trying Woodworking though).

Now as for tanks, they should at least have good or updated gear. If that isn't the case, chain Tough and Very Tough monsters; you can get very good EXP and not have to worry about the tank being maimed. Much.
            Almost four years experience playing FFXI. I am a Raccoon, not a Hyena--despite my name states I am one.

Get creative and pretend these happened.
            Flaremoogles! Maester Hare HNM Fight! Charmander HNM!

Ow...

Comment

By 65 you really should have had Erase though...
              It's a level 32 spell. It's like you said, tanks should have updated armor.
              Mages should have updated spell sets.
              On the topic, no, I don't think you should boot a samurai, for not having
              his Hauby yet, *IF* he's doing a decent job.
              However, there is a difference between "slightly outdated" and plain simple crap.
              If a drk comes prancing into a merit party, wearing his AF and matching accessories, I would start looking for a replacement. I wouldn't actually call the rep to come until after a few fights, to see how it works, but more likely then not; his performance woul be sub-par.
              I know I'm an a**hole - Reminding me is redundant.
              Main: PLD75:Semi-retired
              Fave: MNK64 (at time of writing)
              Retired: {Other Jobs}
              Gear & Stuff
              The Guide to Partying in FFXI
              sigpic

Comment

ok well let me say this a lil off topic but i got kicked from one pt cuz i came as war/drg and they kicked me i told them i was coming as that. Well they kicked me and another pt invited me this was in gc btw we got great exp and i was putting up great #s and then 4 mems had work so we disbanded they reivinted me and i declined so kicking some one b4 they have the chance is retarted and you should be slapped.
                [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Timian
                  By 65 you really should have had Erase though...
                  It's a level 32 spell. It's like you said, tanks should have updated armor.
                  Mages should have updated spell sets.
                  On the topic, no, I don't think you should boot a samurai, for not having
                  his Hauby yet, *IF* he's doing a decent job.
                  However, there is a difference between "slightly outdated" and plain simple crap.
                  If a drk comes prancing into a merit party, wearing his AF and matching accessories, I would start looking for a replacement. I wouldn't actually call the rep to come until after a few fights, to see how it works, but more likely then not; his performance woul be sub-par.
                  And people wonder why we hate drgs...
                  I know I'm an a**hole - Reminding me is redundant.
                  Main: PLD75:Semi-retired
                  Fave: MNK64 (at time of writing)
                  Retired: {Other Jobs}
                  Gear & Stuff
                  The Guide to Partying in FFXI
                  sigpic

Comment

If the persons armour is so outdated they cant play their job correct then... yeh the boot might have to do a bit of kicking. And yeh, if you have given a puller several chances but they continue to suck they might need a boot aswell.

There's always a limit to how long someone can be tollerated
                    caitsith -
                    Geogeo : 36MNK/WAR GALKA
                    Gorge : 53PLD/WAR, 45DRK/WAR, 35BLM/WHM TARU (retired)

XBOXLIVE BLOG

Comment

I don't have an opo-opo crown. I'm a horrible bard and give them all a bad name?

If a WHM doesn't have erase at 32 I can forgive them, but if I could sub whm before you have erase there is something very, very wrong. I also got erase for 500k on Ramuh. Highest I've seen it at is 500k-800k.

Anyways I've only kicked one person, and that was in Jeuno. I don't think you should ever kick someone unless their comment lied, they're a danger to your party, or goes afk often with no warning and or for a long time. (if someone does that I have to give a friend leader...I'm just too nice)

Edit: Fix something in post.

BRD72 BST58 Windurst 8
                      Got to charm em all!
                      lolemobst~Veve~

Comment

I'd like to start off by saying. Stuff like this is EXACTLY why I play BST.

But as for kicking someone from a party. I guess I never really cared to unless the person is an ass or causing a hazard to the party as a whole. I'd rather play with a person with bad gear and a good attitude than a person with good gear and a bad attitude. I don't care if a RDM doesn't have refresh or if a tank is not up to 100% updated armor. If we can take down the mobs we are fighting and not have them take us out in the process its all good with me. I value effort over performance. If they have sucky gear but doing the best they can and getting the job done. I'll stick it out.

Now if they are trying their best but not really helping. I'll give them tips and stuff for when the party is over, but I won't kick them...consider it a learning experience for them to what is expected of them. If they are trying their best but holding the party back to the point of being killed. Then for the safety of the party I'll strongly request they leave, give them a chance to bow out themselves, if they refuse I'll give them one more chance to pull their weight. Then boot them.

Comment

Yes. If their gear is entirely inappropriate, seriously out of date, or it's just not plain good, you should get rid of them. Certainly if you're in Jeuno picking up people and see that this guy has some godawful gear or something, the barrier to kicking them is lowered.

What you shouldn't do is just make this decision without talking to the person first.
                          Brodrik
                          Drk75/Thf69/Blm65/War37/Sam37/Nin37/Whm37
                          PanicMotion

Comment

There are extreme cases where gear can be a major issue even if your a mage. I formed a pt and after we got to camp I had to find a replacement for the 2nd blm. (I was the 1st.) When our replacement arrived he was virtually nekkid except for a helm. I asked him about this and he said "I quit and now I'm back but I gave all my stuff away. Would you like to donate some armor? If not, then this is what I am wearing. I'm a blm, armor is no big deal. I nuke and s**t dies." Oooooooooook.......I don't argue with idiots so we just went about killing. Well I grabbed hate at one point and the mob came over and did a TP move on me that hit me good but I lived. A while later the other blm grabbed hate and the mob went over and did the same TP move and he died. Then he had the guts to rant about dying. We were both taru and both blms but he didn't think armor made a difference. In extreme cases like this, from now on, I will not accept it from a pt member.
                            Originally posted by Feba
                            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                            Originally posted by Taskmage
                            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                            Originally posted by DakAttack
                            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

i was invited to a valkrum party by a lvl 19pld with lvl 7 gear. i saw him running around and pting like that for a little while and remembered his name but when i was invited to his pt at 19 i was hoping he had updated his armor but lmao hell no he didn't. so i dropped from the pt and went about my business. saw him later that day as a 33war/pld so how knows.

62THF, 51WAR, 36NIN, 31BLU, 19SAM
                              I am the taru that doesn't like any mage class; only brute strength comes from my heart and soul.
                              Rank 6
                              CoP Mission: The Lost City
                              Zilart mission #4

Comment

Originally posted by Skelington
                                I have a view about this. Don't NOT INVITE or kick before you at least kill 3 enemies.
                                Fighting 3 enemy's before inviting sounds hard to me. ;p
                                http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

Working...
                                X