subclass quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subclass quest

Hey all. I'm sure this has been asked a million times but I have searched the forums here and the ffxiclopedia site and I can't find anything with a link that would be helpful. I realize there is a quest you need to complete in order to use a subclass. However, I can't find any useful information on the quest itself such as where do I go, who do I talk to, what items do I need to complete it etc. Sorry if I missed the obvious answer somewhere in the fountain of information available on these helpful sites. I'm in Windurst if that matters.

Re: subclass quest

You probably couldn't find info because it's usually referred to as "sub job", not "sub class" (FFXI classes are always referred to as Jobs.) The proper term is "Support Job", which is what it would show up under in FFXIClopedia. There's two quests that will give you access to your sub job; you can only do one of the two.
    Elder Memories - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more
    The Old Lady - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

You're gonna need higher level help for either quest, no matter what. Most people pick Elder Memories (the Selbina quest) because the Crab Apron and Damselfly Worm can be obtained while partying in Valkurm Dunes, which is where most people level from 10 to 20. However, Ghouls only spawn at night in Valkurm and there's very few of them; the ones in Gusgen Mines have a bad drop rate. So getting the Magicked Skull is a pain in the ass.

I prefer the Mhaura quest. Although Bogies are much tougher than Ghouls, they're still easy to kill for any player higher than Level 40, and the Bloodied Robes drop pretty often. While you likely won't find any parties in Buburimu Peninsula, the other two items are just as easy to get with a high level helping you.

Comment

Working...
    X