PM boss fights - a couple questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM boss fights - a couple questions

Hello all I just have a couple questions regarding the boss fights (PM 1-3 in particular)

1: do you have to be engaged to the boss for your anima to take effect? Now I don't mean at the beginning of the fight, I mean does your character have to be engaged to the boss for your anima to take effect?

2: Will your anima take effect regardless of distance from the boss?

I have been doing PM 1-3 with some very skilled LS mates and we are having a difficult time beating Mea. I am going as WHM and I just want to make sure my animas are taking effect when I use them as I am not engaged to the boss and standing at a very far distance.

Also here is my next strategy any thoughts would be appriciated.

SMN/SMN/SMN/WAR/MNK/WHM - now I know 3x smn might be overkill but im tired of wasting money on this mission and just want to beat it.

Do not fight on Darksday
    Keep mob on far back wall
    Use avatars on their day
    DD's back to the far wall

@ 80% Start Psychoanima cycle (everyone in pt uses every 30 seconds careful not to overlap and waste)

@ 45% Start Hystermoanima cycle (everyone in pt uses every 20 seconds careful not to overlap and waste)

@ 75% SMN's 2 hour (start early to get full 2 hour effect)

@ 45% WAR 2 hour

@ 25% MNK 2 hour

of course everyone has food, potions, drinks, etc etc

Thanks!

Re: PM boss fights - a couple questions

You do *not* have to be engaged for the anima to take effect. And it seems to have a good range. Turn on Attacks evaded by Party, and you should see the Psychoanima procs.

Having just fought Mea (no deaths), here's what we did.

* fought on Earthday, drew a Water Delver. Party was war/nin x2, thf/war, blm/whm, whm/blm, smn/whm (me).

* Everyone had antidotes and was told to use them. This freed up a lot of mp.

* Mages had yag drinks. Melee had accuracy food (Delver has evasion bonus moves).

* Between us, we had 6 psychos, 5 hysteros, 1 terro. (someone forgot their hystero).

* @85%, started anima cycle with one psychoanima. When each psychoanima wore, next person used her psychoanima followed quickly by her hysteroanima, so there were two anima on Delver at all times. (It's fun seeing the mob just standing there twitching.) For simplicity's sake, usage order was alphabetical, and I made six macros that were each:
    /p Name - Anima NOW <call2>

* whm used Terroanima after using Benediction - we had a bit of lag and got hit by two Carousels, so she healed us to full and sent the mob on a run.

* wars built to 100TP, activated Mighty Strikes, and used Sturmwind (gaxe).

* thf flipped the mob back and forth between the tanks.

* blm used manafont at some point, but I'm not sure when. He did keep shock/burn/choke on it at all times.

* smn (me) used Ramuh - I decided I wanted to have the element strong to the water Delver, even though I had a chance of negative earth day effects (besides, lolTitanAcc). I summoned right at the beginning, dropped a Thunderspark on the Delver, and let Ramuh melee. when BP: Rage was up again, activated Astral Flow and used Judgment Bolt. first one hit for 380 (partial resist), second hit for ~450 (mob was dead before the third).
    Last edited by Kasandaro; 08-19-2008, 12:59 PM. Reason: lollinebreaks
    WHM75-SCH75-DNC75-THF75
    To do: Sandy 7-1, ToAU 42, WoG15

Comment

Re: PM boss fights - a couple questions

Thanks for your info. I'm hoping to get the win next time around and I just want to make sure we are doing the best we can. This is starting to become a gil sink for me and is becoming a bit frustrating to say the least. I'm not a rich player by any means so getting this done with only 1 more run is becoming a must for me.

If anyone has any other suggestions or ways you did this fight any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X