In the name of Science and Obis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the name of Science and Obis

Well, I've gotten off my butt and started working on organ farming for my SCH. I've actually been hunting all things weather-related, but gave up on Rain Hat NM in favor or focusing on Obis for the time being. This is a wiser investment of my time anyway.

I've started on the ice obi, but phuabo organs didn't want to drop today, so 2/3 there. I haven't gotten around to the others yet. Seems I also have to hunt Xomits and Luminian tissues.

Finding Xomits isn't a problem, its more to the end of finding a good technique for killing them. I can kill just about anything else out there with no problem (cept Yovra, which Foobar doesn't need anyway, Kitten does, but I can never find help with them). Luminian tissue I know could drop from anything, I just don't know where the best drop rate for them would be.

Any tips?

Re: In the name of Science and Obis

I have better luck inside than out for sure for some drops. If I have to kill outside mobs I always stay close to an updraft or a zone. My husband and I duo usually in sea (rdm and blm).
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

The thing about Xzomits is that the "mommy" one is 100% drop, but if you pull it, you link the other two. So you either pull all 3, sleepga them, and kill the first one quickly so you can zone, or you can (like me) pick them off one-by-one. This, of course, never gets me to the mommy one before it spawns another. I guess I need a BLM friend. But the baby ones do drop the organ, from what I'm told. My method on RDM/BLM:
      • Cast Stoneskin and Refresh. Don't really need anything else, they shouldn't hit you but you just want to be prepared if they do.
      • Find my target, and Gravity it. They move far too fast for me to be able to Tier III it to pull without them going out of range, so Gravity is the next best thing.
      • Tier III immediately.
      • Sleep II immediately.
      • Run out of range.
      • The second set, if you're out of range enough and your Stoneskin (and its Gravity) is still holding strong, you can cast two nukes before you sleep it again. You have to play it by how fast you're casting and how fast it's moving.
      • Sleep II again.
      • Rest, keeping an eye on the time. Sleep II unresisted lasts for 90 seconds, and you'll want to rest for about a minute so you can get back up and start casting before it wakes up.
      • Repeat from "Tier III immediately" onward until it's dead, making sure Gravity stays on at all times when it's awake.

You may not need to rest, Foobar's taru, right? You may have the MP to take them out just fine without resting, and I've yet to really see what a SCH can do at 75 so you probably will have more powerful nukes than I did on RDM. I haven't soloed them in a while, but since they are DC it took me a good 5 or 6 Tier III's (doing about 600-ish damage) to take them out. I tried meleeing them but they hit too hard and too fast and the fight was just rough. Sleep/nuke seemed the best method for me. If you've ever seen a BLM solo puddings in Mt. Zhayolm it's kind of what they do, only slower and less powerful, and resting in between meant I didn't have to Convert unless I got a resist.

I've never tried to kill the mommy xzomit before because it will link its babies, but if you can sleepga them and kill the mommy quickly, you can zone before the others wake up, it's a guaranteed organ. Something to keep in mind if you can, I think sleepga only lasts 30 seconds though so you really have to just rape the sucker.

The sharks seem to drop with much higher frequency from what I've seen, and someone in my sea LS always aggroes one (or twenty) on the way to Jailers so there's no shortage of phuabo organs to be found. But I've had many difficulties getting the 7 xzomit organs I need for the Ice Obi so that's what I've tried, it's really slow though and I had horrible luck with drops. Hope yours is better and I hope my information helped.
      sigpic
      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

The Om'Xzomits in the outer edges of Southern Al'Taieu only pop as single creatures and not in groups of three like the Ul'Xzomits, so you'll find those ones much easier to deal with. The drop rate isn't 100% though. Just pull them with Gravity, Sleep, Nuke, Bind, Nuke, Sleep, Nuke etc. Never done this before on SCH so I have no idea how you'll hold up but I'm assuming that with things like Parsimony and Ebullience you should get on just fine.

Also note that generally the Om' mobs have higher organ drop rates than their Ul' counterparts. As bizarre as it sounds, I've actually gotten better tissue drop rates when there's been more than one people in the party, although, this probably just seems that way because we're killing mobs faster. Getting tissue is always the achilles heel of this quest, I got my Hyorin Obi just fine, but I have all the organs for both a Rairin Obi and a Korin Obi but I only have two tissues so far.

Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
        X